Coronavirus

Steve

Unfortunately that makes perfect sense.  Consistent, steady airflow...not too fast, to just blow it a long distance, but fast enough to give it a push.  And it's at relatively low heights...as opposed to, let's say, a Wal Mart superstore, where the direct airflow is probably at the same level as the lights...20, 30 feet up.

Plus:  the joys and value of clearer, more complete contact tracing........

20 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Unfortunately that makes perfect sense.  Consistent, steady airflow...not too fast, to just blow it a long distance, but fast enough to give it a push.  And it's at relatively low heights...as opposed to, let's say, a Wal Mart superstore, where the direct airflow is probably at the same level as the lights...20, 30 feet up.

Plus:  the joys and value of clearer, more complete contact tracing........

My wife is deathly allergic to cigarette smoke.

Back during the days when there were "smoking" and "no smoking" sections in restaurants, there's no telling how many times we had to get up and leave a restaurant. Sometimes before our food was served. Sometimes before we'd taken a bite. Sometimes half way through a meal. And regardless of whether we were alone or dining with friends.

She'd get a whiff and lock up tight to the point where there was no question of being able to take the time to box up the meal and take it home with us. Came close several times to having to do a dine-and-dash because there was no time to pay.

We'd intentionally get tables as far as physically possible from the smoking section and still have problems due to air flow.

21 hours ago, archer said:

"Pope Francis has announced a 'marathon' month of prayer throughout May with the aim of ending the Covid-19 pandemic."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9500115/Pope-announces-marathon-month-prayer-end-Covid-19-pandemic.html

Umm, too bad no one thought to do that in February 2020. Good luck and all and hope it works....

One "secret" of leadership is to see where the crowd is going, then push into the front...

7 hours ago, Cygnia said:

fully_vaccinated.png

Your honor, these charges are totally Bogus! I was just visiting other peoples houses, as recomended by the CDC!

Yes.  When we see numbers like 25% positive test results, we're getting the glimpse of the true situation in India.  And I'm worried that we're looking at a potential (even probable) collapse of their entire health care system, and deaths...both from Covid, and from non-Covid issues but which can't be treated due to their overload...that might well dwarf the entire world-wide deaths from Covid from the rest of the world.  

India's tests per million people is actually slightly below Brazil's...and we know how much of a <BLEEP><BLEEP> they're stuck in.  (Pakistan's is even worse...so how many hidden cases do THEY have?)  

26 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Mass vaccination at Paul Brown stadium extremely unsuccessful yesterday

The count from the city's health department shows only a little more than 1,000 vaccinations were actually given of the 5,000 available, about 20%. 

Is anti-vax sentiment just that strong, did word not get out efficiently, or...do I just need more coffee this morning before I can puzzle it out?

8 hours ago, BarretWallace said:

Is anti-vax sentiment just that strong, did word not get out efficiently, or...do I just need more coffee this morning before I can puzzle it out?

I have no idea about the publicity effort, so that can't be ignored, but...probably the anti-vax.

https://www.limaohio.com/news/456937/ohio-coronavirus-vaccine-demand-has-slumped

EDIT:   and

https://flaglerlive.com/162742/trump-republicans-vaccine/

16 hours ago, Starlord said:

Mass vaccination at Paul Brown stadium extremely unsuccessful yesterday

The count from the city's health department shows only a little more than 1,000 vaccinations were actually given of the 5,000 available, about 20%. 

15 hours ago, BarretWallace said:

It might just be the venue. I mean, Paul Brown Stadium isn't exactly known as the home of champions....

😛