Coronavirus

Steve

20 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Unfortunately it also strongly supports that excess deaths are probably far more indicative of the true impact of this pandemic.

A ways back when I got my first shot, I was talking with one of the hospital staff where it was happening.  I targeted the early fall for a return to at least Mostly Normal, as this would be the start of the school year.  I think...hope?...that's still a decent projection.  Mind:  that's for the US.  For India and Brazil, I very much fear it's going to be much, much later than that.

Op-ed piece from NBC: Stop obsessing about your Covid weight gains. Love your body and have a hot (fat) girl summer.

We survived a global pandemic and now you're worried about the size of your jeans? Let's just refuse to ever be ashamed of our bodies again.

The baggy look was regrettable...but then again, so are skinny jeans today, IMO.

When I found out that, yes, I had enough sugar in my blood to bear a close relationship to raw maple syrup, that just crystallized a requirement to lose weight.  So I did, dropping something like 40-50 pounds over the next several months.  A side effect of that was, of course, going from pushing to a 35 inch waist (34's were getting consistently small) down to 32.  AND going from an XL to cover the excess gut to a Large, in shirts...which was really unfortunate because all my interesting, nice shirts were XLs.  Several of my better sweaters were XLs too.

The good news was, I didn't need to replace the dressier stuff;  the various occasions where I might wear them had all evaporated for one reason or another.  And on the nice shirts, they weren't readily replaceable...only one local store carried that level, and they'd closed.  So it was just all the jeans and underwear, and t-shirts over time.  Toss in a few polo shirts as the need seemed to arise.  

But even at that, it added up to a decent-sized chunk of change.

"Fauci: Americans 'misinterpreting' mask rules"

Some members of the public are incorrectly under the assumption, Fauci said, "that we're saying: 'You don't need the mask anymore.'"

"That's not what the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] said," he added. "They said: 'If you are vaccinated, you can feel safe — that you will not get infected either outdoors or indoors.' It did not explicitly say that unvaccinated people should abandon their masks."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/554261-fauci-americans-misinterpreting-mask-rules

Fauci is dancing around exactly why lifting the mask recommendation was a TERRIBLE idea in the first place.

At what point in this pandemic has the general public listened to the advice of the CDC and as a group followed exactly what it recommended? I mean, as opposed to doing whatever the hell they want until they're hit up side the head repeatedly then are forced to do something different?