Coronavirus

Steve

1 hour ago, archer said:

You really have to read the whole article to get the impact of how mentally ill this business owner is.

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/fiddleheads-cafe-vaccines-mask-policy-sign-16206085.php

The local news noted that the owner is in a court case for disregarding COVID restrictions. Some of the fees may be used for his expenses.

The Washington state agency charged with overseeing the legal recreational cannabis market will allow licensed retailers to give free marijuana to those who receive a coronavirus vaccine at in-store vaccination clinics.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/557239-washington-state-to-allow-free-pot-with-vaccines

You know, I feel really stupid for getting vaccinated early rather than waiting and getting entered in million dollar lotteries, drawings for free groceries for a year, free beer, free pot, or whatever else I could have gotten if only I'd waited a few more weeks.

I know I'm living in a dream world but I'd really like to see a giveaway to reward people who did the responsible thing and got vaccinated as soon a humanly possible (rather only rewarding those who are having to get bribed to do the right thing).

The point isn't to reward people who were smart and responsible enough to do the right thing. It's to try to incentivize the fools who are putting people at risk because they wouldn't do the right thing. It's not fair, but the alternative would be worse.

But if it's any consolation, archer, your chance of winning any of that stuff would be negligible even if you were eligible. To believe otherwise would be foolish, but as I wrote, fools are the target audience.

Some of you might have noted that India reported an exceptionally high number of coronavirus deaths 2 days ago.  I figured it was likely largely a revision/reclassification that accounted for the extra numbers.  Finally checked;  yep.

We've questioned India's numbers for a long time.  Then we had the indirect evidence based on excess deaths.  Well this time, the Indian high court required one state to review death records.  That state's death toll went from 5500 to 9500.  Rather a strong piece of supporting evidence that yes, the counts have been seriously low.

3 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Some of you might have noted that India reported an exceptionally high number of coronavirus deaths 2 days ago.  I figured it was likely largely a revision/reclassification that accounted for the extra numbers.  Finally checked;  yep.

We've questioned India's numbers for a long time.  Then we had the indirect evidence based on excess deaths.  Well this time, the Indian high court required one state to review death records.  That state's death toll went from 5500 to 9500.  Rather a strong piece of supporting evidence that yes, the counts have been seriously low.

If you'll remember an article I brought up last summer, Florida was counting COVID deaths of only those people who had a Florida residence (like driver's license, utility bills, etc.) rather than counting the people who died in Florida of COVID.

That completely missed counting the homeless, illegal aliens, tourists, etc.

The state argued that the dead should count toward the death totals in their own states or countries. But conveniently, it also had no mechanism for reporting those deaths to agencies in other states which might add them to those state's death tolls (reporting those deaths might have started an argument over which state's totals they should be counted under rather than allowing the deaths to be forgotten because it was politically convenient to understate the COVID problem).

45 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Florida essentially banned all COVID data reporting last week.  Rebekah Jones (the former state data scientist turned whistleblower) goes into depressing detail here.

They have stopped reporting to JHU, it appears.....

I'm wondering if there's a federal lawsuit in the works, but I bet they're exploiting a lack of explicit requirements...