Coronavirus

Steve

I'm imagining one of the "faithful" showing up a the gates of heaven.  "I've been faithful and trusted in God to keep me safe!  How could I die of COVID?"

And God's voice booming out, "Hey I had Fauchi warn people to wear masks and social distance.  I sent multiple vaccine variants, most of which were available for free.  What more did you expect?  Three boats and a helicopter?"

To be clear, her suit failed, so she didn't get ivermectin. That is certain to make her a martyr in the eyes of the vaccine skeptics, who'll use her to rally people to their cause.

I"m struck by the top comment on that story at the time I write this, from "WKMG User":

So they want to make a law that the doctors have to pump you with whatever you tell them you want?

I can see that having a nice effect on the cost of health insurance for all of us, and legal insurance cover for doctors and hospitals.

Will this mean if you tell the doc you love Trump and believe in bleach they have to load up the intravenous drip with your preferred brand?

Actual thinking about it my preferred treatment for many things is a nice single malt Scotch; will hospitals need to keep a well stocked bar if the law comes about so those like me can get a nice dram from the Doc, all on our health cover of course?

14 hours ago, Pariah said:

“Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one!”

~ Brother Alwyn Macomber, "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" (Babylon 5, Season 4, episode 22)

He must have been reading St Augustine. 

One of my husband's nieces got COVID this week.  She already was vaccinated (she's college aged, but lives at home).

Her father (hubby's brother, who thinks Fauci "has an agenda"), however, still insists that everyone in his household attend a large gathering this coming Friday (another niece is in a school play) even though there's already a cold spreading in his kids.

Did I mention I have to go to this gathering because FAMILY~! :mad: (and it's reserved seating, so I can't just go sit in the back to monitor my people-claustrophobia anyways).  And this is on top of hubby's parents (they thankfully just got their boosters) then going off on a week's vacation in NC with said brother-in-law & his family for Thanksgiving?

10 hours ago, Old Man said:

10 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

To be clear, her suit failed, so she didn't get ivermectin. That is certain to make her a martyr in the eyes of the vaccine skeptics, who'll use her to rally people to their cause.

I"m struck by the top comment on that story at the time I write this, from "WKMG User":

So they want to make a law that the doctors have to pump you with whatever you tell them you want?

I can see that having a nice effect on the cost of health insurance for all of us, and legal insurance cover for doctors and hospitals.

Will this mean if you tell the doc you love Trump and believe in bleach they have to load up the intravenous drip with your preferred brand?

Actual thinking about it my preferred treatment for many things is a nice single malt Scotch; will hospitals need to keep a well stocked bar if the law comes about so those like me can get a nice dram from the Doc, all on our health cover of course?

The couple's attorney, Jake Huxtable, had this to say on the matter:

"We don’t know if (ivermectin) would have saved her life, but it could have," he said. "Maybe it wouldn’t have done anything, but we’re pursuing the case strictly from a legal perspective. Every person in Florida has a constitutional right to choose what is done with their own body."

Two thoughts from me:

1) The last sentence is demonstrably false. For example, does every person in Florida have the constitutional right to choose to take LSD or heroin?

2) The right to choose does not and has never guaranteed freedom from the consequences of those choices. Choose not to get vaccinated, and one of the possible consequences is that you die from COVID-19. That's not government oppression, it's simple cause and effect.

But yeah, I can see the martyrdom case heating up already. 

Had some body aches and serious chills last night (like violently shivering chills). Much better this morning. Still a little achy. The skin where I got my shot feels thicker, and rough, like there are scales under the surface. And my pupils are starting to elongate vertically. But no major side effects. 

45 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Had some body aches and serious chills last night (like violently shivering chills). Much better this morning. Still a little achy. The skin where I got my shot feels thicker, and rough, like there are scales under the surface. And my pupils are starting to elongate vertically. But no major side effects. 

Can you preternaturally sense danger or stick to walls?

42 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Can you preternaturally sense danger or stick to walls?

Not sure if any danger sense would break through the background noise of constant, intense anxiety. 

24 minutes ago, Matt the Bruins said:

How about any missing limbs mysteriously regrowing?

That’s a good question, let me go amputate a limb and see what happens. 

"We don’t know if (ivermectin) would have saved her life, but it could have," he said. "Maybe it wouldn’t have done anything, but we’re pursuing the case strictly from a legal perspective. Every person in Florida has a constitutional right to choose what is done with their own body."

Except of course if they're female and want to have an abortion.

Or if they're terminally ill and wish to end their pain.

6 hours ago, Old Man said:

Much like my first dose of vaccine (except for the scales and pupils). ;)  Just the reaction from your immune system responding that one would expect, and that's encouraging. I'll be glad to get a booster shot when they're available here.

Humanevents.com was bought by an independently wealthy Trump supporter in 2019 and is run by the former editor in chief of Breitbart London. 

It’s hard because pandemic issues often bleed over into policy, but hopefully in the future we can limit links here to more scientific sources. A separate thread for political commentary exists.