Coronavirus

Steve

Austria's lower house of Parliament passed a bill today mandating Covid vaccination for everyone 18+, with some exceptions.  The upper house has to pass it as well, then the president has to sign it, but NYT story says both are expected to be mere formalities.  This will make Austria the first country to do this...but without doubt IMO, not the last.

The law allows for random checks, including traffic checks, and not being able to show vaccination status carries a possible 600 euro fine.

According to WorldOMeters, Austria's new case rate has been a touch under 14,000 per 1M people.

1 hour ago, tkdguy said:

When my mom had a stroke last year, we couldn't visit her in the hospital because of COVID. I couldn't even accompany her in the ambulance.

When my FIL died in the summer of ‘20 we lucked out in that it was between waves enough that my wife (and only my wife) was able to visit with him. 

Conversely, my BIL just got back from two weeks in the hospital with stage 4 cancer and no visitors. It’s lonely. It really sucks.