Coronavirus

Steve

4 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Look on the bright side. How many times do you get to say you're too young for something any more?  :winkgrin:

Eh, given this and another medical procedure I want to get that another doctor is saying I'm "too young" for, it's kinda making me antsy...

2 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Hubby's getting his.  I'm still too damn young 😕

My wife is older than me, so I understand where you're coming from.

Unfortunately in our case, she came down with shingles after she was eligible, but before she could actually get in there and get the first shot. Her terrible shingles experience prompted me to get them as soon as I was eligible. Hopefully you'll be fine until you can, too. 🤞

Y'know...

It may be that I'm retired.  And a homebody a lot.  I do miss certain things, to be sure.  But still, y'know...signs are that things are, well, mostly normal.

Yeah, ok.  *Mostly*.

But understand.  If you think it's gone?

According to WorldOMeters, almost 200,000 Americans have died from Covid *this year*.  OK, the rate was much higher in January and February, but since May, the death rate has remained right around 300.

300.  Every Day.  

That's over 100,000 per year;  it is, in fact, comparable to the number that die from diabetes.

That's not gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 7:41 AM, Cygnia said:

BTW, dunno if anyone here attended GenCon, but one of the guys running the LARP group I follow announced he came down with covid -- and chances are he caught it at the con.

I attended.  Didn't get in any LARPs, but that doesn't mean I couldn't have been exposed.  Or my wife, my daughter, son-in-law, or any of the members of my weekly gaming group who also attended.