Coronavirus

Steve

More good news on the hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin meds from https://www.elsevier.com/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/988648/COVID-19-Drug-Therapy_Mar-2020.pdf.

Some promising highlights:

On day 6, 70% of hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were virologically cured compared to 12.5% in the untreated control group.

And when combined with azithromycin:

On day 6, all patients treated with the combination (hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin) were virologically cured compared to 57.1% of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone (n= 20).

Hope they get this tested sufficiently for widespread use before my wife and I catch this crap.

18 minutes ago, ScottishFox said:

More good news from France:

French government just sanctioned use of hydroxychloroquine after an 80 person trial by Didier Raoult showed 78 out of 80 patients recovered within 5 days of treatment (instead of the usual 14 days).

Fingers crossed this will be the winning Combined Attack.

Hope you're right...not finding confirmation tho.  Can you toss a link?

6 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Hope you're right...not finding confirmation tho.  Can you toss a link?

This is the guy that lead the research.  You'll have to translate from French most likely.

https://twitter.com/raoult_didier?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1243970152758214658&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailywire.com%2Fnews%2Ffrance-officially-sanctions-drug-after-78-of-80-patients-recover-from-covid-19-within-five-days

The French Government decision I located at:

17 minutes ago, ScottishFox said:

OK...well...I have a few problems here.

#1:  The France24 web site does not have this report.  I'm watching the live stream (in English) too, and it's not been mentioned.  Haven't watched it that long, but you'd expect this to at least be on their crawl.  It's not.

#2:  I don't see the tweet ascribed to Dr. Raoult on his account, as you linked.  My French is rusty at best, but there's nothing related to "the government" and the last tweet's 9 hours old.  This story is only 3 hours old....so that doesn't jibe.

So I'm still a bit leery.  

4 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

So I'm still a bit leery.  

It also showed up on Daily Wire.

I'll try to find something less right-wingy.

TrustNodes?

https://www.trustnodes.com/2020/03/28/debate-ends-over-chloroquine-as-france-officially-sanctions-usage

It's pretty breaking news, but skepticism - especially these days - seems warranted.

I saw the Daily Wire, but I'm dismissing that out of hand as an echo of the YouTube post, and nothing more.

That TrustNodes article is nothing more than the YouTube video again.  So, NOT reliable.  I had France24 on for, I dunno, 15 minutes, ALL of which was CV coverage.  Never once mentioned, not on the crawl.  Not mentioned on the WHO site...I can buy this might be lag, but you'd think not.  I'm checking Le Monde;  THEY have no such story.  That's Paris' biggest paper.  They DO have a story that the study cited is flawed because it has no control group...and most would get better regardless.

So I'm heavily leaning to this being deliberately faked news, until I see ORIGINAL source, or independent, *reputable* sources like the WHO, backing up the story.

Just now, Old Man said:

As if we could believe anything that man utters.  Appreciate you posting this though.

True, but this time he was citing the data models.  And that's the peak...the highest point.  NOT that it would be gone.  Note, too, that he's tossed the "reopen by Easter" out the window.

Fauci and Birx are backing him on this one.  They're both talking about the number of cases and deaths, and Birx is talking about the modeling aspect.