Coronavirus

Steve

I just heard on my local news that alcohol sales are up 50 percent compared to last year at this time, and online hard liquor sales are up 200 percent over the same time frame.

PS:  Bacon prices have gone down significantly.

Mmmmm, bacon.

17 minutes ago, Starlord said:

I just heard on my local news that alcohol sales are up 50 percent compared to last year at this time, and online hard liquor sales are up 200 percent over the same time frame.

Increased acquisitions of guns and alcohol during a crisis? Yee-haw!

17 minutes ago, Starlord said:

PS:  Bacon prices have gone down significantly.

Mmmmm, bacon.

That's one food I do have in abundance...

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

I work for a chemical company that makes cleaning products and disinfectants.  I don't know if it's slowed down (working from home), but for a while we were getting more than a year of normal sales for some of our products every day.

Normal sales - 100 cases per month.  Someone places an order for 1700 cases.

I am working from home, but I also took a few days leave so that I could do some of the jobs that my wife thinks I should be doing because "I am at home"...

I wanted weed control fabric and gravel to replace a decrepit path in our back garden.  I spent longer sourcing that weed control fabric and gravel than I had in getting eggs and pasta last week...

I swear, I tried to log onto a home improvement store and there was a 45 minute wait just to get onto the site....

Doc

The introvert / extrovert split on this shelter-in-home stuff is so weird.

I work remotely while my daughter works on her art projects or plays on her iPad.  Every few hours she'll pop out to tell me she loves me and maybe we'll kung fu fight for a couple minutes. 

Then she goes back to her room.

Meanwhile my wife, the extrovert, is tromping around the house having run out of any possible chores to do going, "I'M F*CKING BORED!!" like a broken record.

Strange times.

New York's reported case count exceeds that of China.

Hawaii has suffered its first reported coronavirus fatality.

Spain, France, the UK, and the US are all in the 500 fatalities per day range.  Italy may finally be getting things under control but still put up over 700 dead today.