Coronavirus

Steve

47 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Almost all the cashiers in my area are wearing gloves, and some masks, as well as having the shields. Many of them are asking customers to pay electronically at terminals outside the shield, rather than with cash, although they still accept the latter. Some are asking customers to bag their own items.

My local Albertsons has a clear plexiglass shield between the checker and the customer. They will bag your groceries if you accept paper bags from them; if you bring your own reusable bags, you have to bag them yourself.

7 minutes ago, sinanju said:

My local Albertsons has a clear plexiglass shield between the checker and the customer. They will bag your groceries if you accept paper bags from them; if you bring your own reusable bags, you have to bag them yourself.

That's our health order as well. Plus floor marking social distancing. 

A glimmer of hope??

Maybe it's just one match waaaayyyyy down the other end of one very long tunnel, but.....

For 2 days in a row, new case counts have gone down.  Growth rate < 1.  This is for the world as a whole;  China, of course, has to be consdered separate.  But their reporting, or lack thereof, has presumably been the same, so it doesn't change that point.

Let's hope it's real, and not simply a side effect of the weekend.

15 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

Sometime in the near future, I may expand on this potential game over in the "General Roleplaying" forum.

Honestly, I don't think you need much more than a character sheet each, an impartial dice roller, a trusted way of keeping track of Body, Stun and End, a list of who goes when and where everybody is.

Then the scenario goes: you are all at the Hall of Champions, for whatever reason your character would be there.

Suddenly, Obnoxious Man flies in and says something that triggers at least one other character's Psych Limitations or Berzerks.

Bar room brawl ensues.

2 hours ago, Iuz the Evil said:

That's our health order as well. Plus floor marking social distancing. 

Oh, yeah. They have that at my local store as well. Red squares with footprints for people to stand proper distance from one another while waiting in line.

2 hours ago, csyphrett said:

The news is saying some of the big cats at the Bronx Zoo are infected

CES

That concerns me—domestic cats aren't all that different in biology from the big kind aside from size, are they? Does this mean the virus can be transmitted by the most common household pet in the US? (I'd be personally worried if the alley cats behind my building hadn't been winnowed down to the two most antisocial; I'm pretty confident I'm the only human being they'll allow to touch them.)

Also, if felines are able to catch  COVID-19, doesn't that mean it's far likelier that pigs can, and possibly other hooved livestock?

Quarantine one liners that will crack you up!

1. My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

2. Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.

3. I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

4. Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

5. This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

6. Quarantine Day 4-Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.

7. I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

Wednesday, a deer walked into a store in Colorado. The shop owner gave her some cookies. After leaving the store, she returned after half an hour with her entire family.

91190405_2966326370056751_12432863065496