Coronavirus

Steve

59 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

Nor are your kids pooping at school.  

With only 5 minutes being classes, I never understood when one found the time.  One time I had, a class way on the other end of the school from the previous, and was usually running (literally) through the classroom door at the bell, sometimes if I only stopped at my locker.

2 hours ago, Sociotard said:

So who takes over if prime minister Johnson is in a coma?

Ah, found the answer in a Vox article 

Dominic Raab, the UK’s foreign secretary, was previously tasked with standing in for Johnson should he become unable to perform his duties as prime minister. The UK doesn’t have a clear line of succession, unlike, say, the United States, if the prime minister is unable to lead or dies. But Downing Street said again Monday that Raab would “deputize for [Johnson] where necessary.”

I got one heck of a scare this morning when I woke up with terrible nausea and an even worse headache. I spent most of the morning awake in bed, miserable, before I got the triage provider from my primary care to talk to me on the phone. She determined from the presence of some symptoms and the absence of several others that it wasn't the bug, but my old bugaboo caffeine withdrawal.

I did have only three diet Dr Peppers today (cans). Hopefully that will be enough to save me from morning agony tomorrow.

Which goes to show how even the little, preventable health issues magnify in the age of COVID-19. A few months ago I simply would have downed a soda or two and it would have gone away, but right now I'm in full-blown panic mode.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:14 PM, Ragitsu said:

At least one western (no pun or double-reference intended) hero gets it ->

Vigilante-DC-Comics-Seven-Soldiers-Sande

--- --- ---

Hey...isn't Snake Eyes technically from the United States?

What I need now is a pic of the Golden Age Sandman.

New cases....from worldometer's main page, click on the country and you get graphs for that country.

Italy:  lowest number since Mar. 17th.

Spain:  looks like 6th day in a row, new cases has dropped.  Well under the huge spike day of March 23rd for the first time.  

Switzerland:  the data's more erratic, but the last 2 days have been notably lower.

Germany:  has had 2 peaks, but declining numbers for the last 5 days, and best numbers since Mar. 22nd, well before the first peak.

France's numbers are too erratic, but these 4 are encouraging.