Coronavirus

Steve

2 hours ago, Bazza said:

If there is going to be a baby boom, it would be hilarious, logistically, if we are still on lockdown. 

Yes, but there are a lot of couples locked up together with nothing better to do and running out of condoms.

58 minutes ago, Tjack said:

Yes, but there are a lot of couples locked up together with nothing better to do and running out of condoms.

could also be a test of those effectiveness percentages...

99.9% would be good, 99% makes a big difference...  🙂

I think it was Cory Doctorow who was saying our understanding of risks and percentages get hazy when things get bigger and/or faster...

(punning unintended but left in intentionally)

11 hours ago, tkdguy said:

I let my beard grow, but I bought a beard trimmer to keep it neat. I prefer the stubble look anyway.

Waxing holds more appeal as the days wind along; for me, shaving is a royal pain under the best of circumstances. Because I finally have an opportunity to let my absent-mindedness decompress and breathe, I don't want to have to worry about facial hair more than is absolutely required.

It appear it'll be another two weeks before I get a stimulus package. For some reason I cannot locate my tax return on my PC, so I can;t get my deposit information corrected. So I'll probably either have to have my deposit redirected by some other means, or I'll have to wait for a paper check (the problem was that the e-file system did not accept my direct deposit information. Google told me to expect my check April 24, but aside from everything about everyone what does Google know?

But I finally plugged the check into my Quicken knowing that I will actually get one. But I will keep the entry flexible on what date it actually arrives. And apparently changing my deposit information won't accelerate the process. And it's weird that I filed a tax return and now can;t find it (they need the amount of my refund to prove my  identity when the app will be available to track my check).

I just hope prices don't skyrocket this month with the injection of so much into the money supply from nothing.

17 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Eh, maybe a bit of a bump (pun intended). But no one who wasn't already planning to have children before this, is going to avoid using pregnancy countermeasures during a time of uncertainty.

Oh, you poor naive man. Come visit me in the American South sometime, where abstinence-only sex education has resulted in grown men (and WOMEN!) not realizing that women's plumbing involves separate reproductive and excretory orifices. In short, idiots breed quickly.

20 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Eh, maybe a bit of a bump (pun intended). But no one who wasn't already planning to have children before this, is going to avoid using pregnancy countermeasures during a time of uncertainty.

It must be wonderful to live in a world where people behave in a rational and thoughtful manner.   You must tell us all about it.

If you think not having contraceptives available is going to stop people from having sex...

58 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Have you heard of a shortage of condoms or contraceptive pills? I haven't. If they're available people who were using them will continue. People who don't probably weren't already.

No there is no shortage of condoms. 

But when people realize at the last second that they ran out they may be a little more likely to skip it “ just this once”.   Do you know what you call people who do that?   Parents.