Coronavirus

Steve

54 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

And time to do it, and the mindset to study the results.  What am I doing right, what am I doing wrong...and why?  Kitchen timers ARE your friends, too.  

So is the right gear, but that's a little harder to work out.  

It also helps to know that the smoke detector isn't a timer....

(With appropriate acknowledgement to Ron White.)

7 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I remember when Demolition Man came out and Taco Bell endorsed it (and even included a clip from the film in their ads), seemingly unaware that the movie was dystopian satire.

The only bad publicity is no publicity B).

By the way, I remember being a wee lad when that film debuted and then subsequently watching it on VHS. Ah, it was a glorious era; parental figures weren't quite as hung up over the fictional media kids consumed. That was before the dark times...before the E.S.R.B.

52 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I remember when Demolition Man came out and Taco Bell endorsed it (and even included a clip from the film in their ads), seemingly unaware that the movie was dystopian satire.

7 minutes ago, Old Man said:

But the Taco Bell part was utopian, not dystopian. 

Have you been to a Taco Bell lately?

There is an IRS sub-site where you can check on the status of your payment (assuming you don't already have it, and I am happy for those who do). My problem, which I have tried to correct and found little guidance since the system shut me off for a day, is that I may have accidentally filed twice, and I am getting no guidance on what happens next and how to tell the IRS that I'm not trying to illegally grab two checks.

The only reason this was a problem is that TaxAct couldn't verify my direct deposit. I can theoretically change that with the tool, but only if they can verify that I am actually owed a payment. There are a few, limited circumstances where you can;t (most college students, for example, won't get a payment) but I'm pretty sure I'm in a gray area because of what happened with my filing. And they specifically will not take phone calls on the subject owing to the combination of increased volume and reduced capacity.

I may well be stuck.

I miss the bacon cheeseburger burritos, and I must admit, I have a certain fondness for the quesadilla. The nearest one to me is about 2 miles away, however, so I usually only pick it up if I'm on my way to gaming, or out running errands.

Demolition Man was the first movie that my late wife and I saw when we were dating. We saw it in a large theater that was originally made for CinemaScope, with a huge, curved screen. That theater's long gone now. http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/3183

10 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Timing is everything:

spacer.png

But yopu'd have to use them up pretty quick or they'll grow bad (or at the very least worse). And while cold pizza is somewhat edible if that's your thing (I reheat mine in the oven), you take your life in your hands with a cold taco.

You'd better be having a party for a lot of people if you're buying that many tacos.

(Although it occurs to me that spending $1200 on Taco Bell gift cards might well have the same effect with less annoying food poisoning. You'd still have too many tacos, but at least you'd spread it out)

2 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

But yopu'd have to use them up pretty quick or they'll grow bad (or at the very least worse). And while cold pizza is somewhat edible if that's your thing (I reheat mine in the oven), you take your life in your hands with a cold taco.

The only thing worse than a day-old taco is day-old sushi.

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

Not to make anyone feel bad...but ya'll did remind me.

Checking account shows both tax refund and stimulus payment.  Had been meaning to look for the former;  pleasantly surprised to see the latter.

Congratulations. I fear I will get neither, ever. I have a $50 tax refund according to my return (whoop-de-doo) but I don;t expect to see it. And with the undetermined eligibility for the stimulus, I'm going to be broke longer than pretty much everyone else.