Coronavirus

Steve

I would also like to see a more detailed, in-depth explanation of why we need to remain on lockdown and they/it needs to be repeated daily on all news programs.  This should also be posted like school closings or weather alerts during all federal, state and local Coronavirus press conferences.  The thing I hear MOST OFTEN is that this is basically just like the flu...why the bleep are we destroying the economy for THE FLU?!?!  Many people just do not get that this requires a deeper dive, a next level of thinking that delves into levels of contagiousness ie. simply breathing near someone,  leading to overwhelming medical facilities, which then leads to a possibly 20% mortality rate instead of a more flu-like 2% or less.

17 minutes ago, Starlord said:

I would also like to see a more detailed, in-depth explanation of why we need to remain on lockdown and they/it needs to be repeated daily on all news programs.  This should also be posted like school closings or weather alerts during all federal, state and local Coronavirus press conferences.  The thing I hear MOST OFTEN is that this is basically just like the flu...why the bleep are we destroying the economy for THE FLU?!?!  Many people just do not get that this requires a deeper dive, a next level of thinking that delves into levels of contagiousness ie. simply breathing near someone,  leading to overwhelming medical facilities, which then leads to a possibly 20% mortality rate instead of a more flu-like 2% or less.

That would fall under ethical journalism, which is sadly lacking in the current news for profit model.

2 hours ago, Old Man said:

There’s also cardiac damage in some patients, IIRC. 

But talking about that, or the lung damage, or the neurological damage...I'm pretty sure I have some mild neuropathy related to diabetes, so that's something I'm more aware of than many...doesn't make for a sound bite.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

An earlier report.  A simple takeaway:  20-30% of Covid-19 patients in the report required hospitalization.  5-11% required ICU admission.  Yes, just talking about the death rates almost becomes one of the Grand Lies...tell the truth, but only a fraction of it.  

1 minute ago, Matt the Bruins said:

Yeah, in the best of times I tend to view hugging about as willingly as John Hurt in Alien.

Yeah, the women on my mother's side of the family are a bunch of huggers.  I kind of put up with it at funerals.  My mother has mentioned my body language gets the way of a cornered animal a bit.