Sharing Personal Immunity

IndianaJoe3

Question

I have a character that would like to make one other person immune to one of his powers (Darkness, in this case). My preferred method is to to buy Personal Immunity as a Naked Advantage, Usable Simultaneously by one other person. Several questions have arisen.

1. Will this do what I think it should?
  2. If the immunity is bought through a Focus, does the character need to pay 5 points for a second copy of the Focus?
  3. If the character pays 5 points for a duplicate Focus, does he need to buy it as Usable By Others? (Assume it will be routinely shared.)

(The power build that generated these questions is in the, "Blocking Transmissions One Way" thread in the Champions forum, if you're curious.)

1 answer to this question

1. Yes.

2. No, that's taken care of by Usable Simultaneously. Since the recipient gets the same power you're using (absent the ability to grant it to others), he'll have his own Focus for it. I'd say you could envision it as you handing him his own copy of the gadget, saying, 
"I'll need this back later." ;)

3. No. If you buy an extra piece of equipment using the 5-point doubling rule, you can loan that piece of gear to another character (unless it's a Personal Focus, of course). However, the GM may prefer for you to buy this as Usable Simultaneously instead (for various possible reasons), so make sure he approves of what you're doing first.