2020-2021 NFL Thread

Starlord

Not even Coronavirus can stop the NFL!

So the Cardinals fleece the Texans for maybe the best WR in football, while Vikings get a 1st rounder for Stephon Diggs who is good, but not even the best WR on his team.  The Bills may be sensing weakness from the Patriots and are going for it all.

Raiders are getting the most average QB in the NFL - Marcus Mariota.

2 hours ago, Old Man said:

Tom Brady is now a Buccaneer.

Still playing QB musical chairs: Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Philip Rivers, and now Jameis Winston.

edit: Rivers to the Colts.

Not yet, technically, but that is the expectation WRT Brady.  Rumor is that Cam's unhappy that Teddy Bridgewater is gonna be signed. 

8 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Not yet, technically, but that is the expectation WRT Brady.  Rumor is that Cam's unhappy that Teddy Bridgewater is gonna be signed. 

You're right, though it was finally confirmed half an hour ago.  $30M per season.

Cam's unhappiness is not a rumor, at least not according to his social media accounts.  Lots of teams out there that could use him, if he can pass a physical.

It's also amusing to me that Jason Witten is signing with the Raiders, altho it looks like Jerry's bailing, not Witten.  Jerry signed Blake Jarwin to a 4 year max deal, so pretty much said "don't let the door hit your butt on the way out."  From a talent perspective, I can kinda see it...but from a locker room perspective, who's going to be leading there?  Yeah, Jason Garrett was a nit as HC, but the Cowboys seem to also have a leadership vacuum among the players.

Just now, Old Man said:

Cam's unhappiness is not a rumor, at least not according to his social media accounts.  Lots of teams out there that could use him, if he can pass a physical.

Ehhh.......his production in '18 was ok, but '16 and '17 were way down.  Lots of mileage on him, lots of hits, even if he can pass the physical.  I'm not sure how much he's worth on the trade market.  On the upside?  Last year of his contract.  NO guaranteed money left on his deal, but he will cost ya about $20M and...he's not worth that much, IMO.  

I will say, I think I'd take a shot on Cam over either Rivers or Brady, simply from the age perspective.

I hope teams take a hard look at themselves before Jaemis Winston. He's a pick machine, and by all accounts a pretty terrible person.

The question about Brady in Tampa is whether he will become "an OC on the field" or even go back to the old days and call some of his own plays. I can see why QBs don't anymore -- you can see a lot of things the QB doesn't from the top deck opf the stadium -- but it does take a little of the luster our of the position.

14 hours ago, Old Man said:

Interesting point I heard on talk radio was "Who is going to trade for Cam right now, since no one can meet for physicals right now due to Coronavirus?"

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

I just got a notification saying that the Chicago Bears have decided to address the quarterback situation by trading for...Nick Foles?

That's not horrible, if their defense does its thing.

A more consistent vet would have been preferable, but Foles will probably be more consistent than Trubisky.

It'll be hard to find a team that will make him a franchise quarterback with his injury history. He might be good in a place like Cincinnati that is trying to rebuild and needs veteran leadership for a young offense. But Cam wants to start, and provie that he is an elite quarterback -- which he isn't. Not anymore.  Most of the contenders save the Pats have their QBs essentially locked in for a while. It would take a desperate team wanting to turn things around quick to take a flyer on Cam.

And has there been any interest whatsoever in Jaemis Winston the 30-30 man with serious maturity issues? Or is he on his way out of football?

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

That seems like a low bar to clear, but you're almost certainly correct.

All the hubbub I'd read had involved Cam Newton going to Chicago. You have to wonder what's going to happen to him now.

Timing is bad for him and Carolina might not get anything for him. They may cut him? Then he could be a later addition to a roster once things cool down?

Feels bad man. My team is cutting vets left and right and looks to be going all in on rebuild and I'm not sold on ownership or GM to pull it off.