2020-2021 NFL Thread

Starlord

3 hours ago, slikmar said:

I assume you mean actually in the game, because I am pretty sure Denver has won twice now and they wear orange.

Denver has actually won three times--twice wearing white (XXXIII against Atlanta and 50 against Carolina), and once wearing navy (XXXII against Green Bay).

Of the Broncos' five Super Bowl losses, four of them--XII against Dallas, XXII against Washington, XXIV against San Francisco, and XLVIII against Seattle--came with Denver wearing orange. Denver's lone loss in white was in Super Bowl XXI against the Giants.

And yes, the Broncos are tied for the most Super Bowl losses--with New England. (New England should have the record at six. Thanks a heap, Atlanta.) Only eight teams besides the Broncos and Patriots have five or more Super Bowl appearances.

Denver lost three Super Bowls in four years, a streak of championship game futility surpassed only by the Buffalo Bills, who lost four straight. But Buffalo is the only team to go to four straight Super Bowls, so there's that.

I saw an article once that showed Super Bowl wins by jersey color. White was far and away the highest, of course, with 32 wins in the first 50 games. Blue and red were next at five wins each, followed by black at four, green at three, and aqua at one.

All of which is probably more than you needed to know.

13 hours ago, Old Man said:

I'm sure they're referring to the main color of the jersey.  I checked and Peyton won SB50 in a white jersey (with blue and orange accents of course).

But is it the color of the jersey, or is it that historically awful franchises happen to wear orange?  ;)

tenor-8.gif

1 minute ago, Pariah said:

See, when I think of a DII uniform in the NFL, this is what comes to mind:

Screen-shot-2013-04-23-at-14.47.16-.png     K52HTXCJKFH6JKDYDD2MSO7FJ4.jpg

I think KC has a classic look.

YMMV, of course.

I think you could take a picture of the KC team in formation from a distance, show it to most football fans, and tell them it was Southwestern Missouri State. And be believed.

It honestly looks like a college team from a small town that couldn't afford the extra $20 per uniform to add two colors instead of one.

5 hours ago, Starlord said:

spacer.png

It explains KC's apparently complex seat of the pants offense. Of course, having a track team who can actually catch the ball (something to many wide receivers can't seem to do in todays nfl) helps and having a QB who can literally throw the ball against his momentum almost as well as with it. 

HOLY cow....

Rams and Lions...

Stafford to Rams

Goff, 2 first rounders and a third rounder to the Lions

Tells us how much Goff's value has fallen.  I kinda think one of the 1st round picks was because Goff's contract is hard to swallow, considering his performance.  Still a surprise.  Lions might just be planning to spend the 2 years they're stuck with Goff to build around the QB, then try to draft the Next Instant Star QB.

CBS Sports gives the Texans a D- for signing David Culley as their coach...much of it being because the visuals are bad, and it's going to do nothing to reassure Watkins.  Rather the opposite, in fact.