2020-2021 NFL Thread

Starlord

Stats of the night from ESPN during the first half....

#1:  Cowboys have the worst TO margin in the league.  -2 for the half.

#2:  Cowboys opponents have...I believe the stat was, had 1st downs in the red zone, 14 times.  They've scored...14 touchdowns.

That second stat should make the defensive coaches extremely nervous.

Did y'all see the sterling matchup for TNF?

I'm hoping there's a rainout in the WS for game or game 2, so I have something else on offer...

Joe Buck's racking up the frequent flyer miles in DROVES.  Texas Saturday;  Tampa Sunday;  Buffalo Monday;  Texas Tuesday;  Philly Thursday;  Texas Friday;  not sure if he'll do the WS or NFL Sunday, but could be another trip there, then back to Texas for game 6 if the WS goes that far.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire showed me something in the Chiefs' game against the Bills. Admittedly, the Bill didn't play good defense, but Edwards-Helaire really made them pay. I wonder if KC's running game will become significantly less scary with Bell on the roster.

The Chiefs will still be good as long as Patrick Mahomes remains healthy. But an RB1 controversy doesn't help.

Steven A. Smith is now saying that Odell Beckham Jr. needs to get the hell out of Cleveland. The Browns are going nowhere, Baker Mayfield is regressing and losing the locker room, and there is talk that his prime is being wasted.

I hear that phrase a lot. It means that the most talented players need to be on teams that are going to compete for the title. An infamous example is  the claim that Damien Lillard should leave Portland for a team that wins playoff series on a regular basis. I think this leaves out the personal side of athletes, who have lives and families of their own. Damien appears to love it in Portland, his family lives there, and he has given no indication whatsoever of wanting to move on. (He's also having a pretty good music career, at least for a starting rapper.)

Athletes are people. Some bad, some good, all human. Sportswriters and analysts don't always take that into account.

The only thing Stephen A. takes into account is his personal favorites.  OBJ has issues he'll seemingly always dismiss;  he's NOT a Mount Rushmore receiver that SAS seemingly thinks he is.  

I think Mayfield's quite limited, to be sure, and to be sure, I can see his overpromotion and attitude, combined with a general LACK of performance/execution, causing locker room issues.

The Raiders placed....

not 1...

not 2...

not 3....

but 4..... STARTING.....offensive linemen on the Covid list today.

The NFL pulled the game against the Bucs from Sunday night and slotted an interesting matchup (Seahawks-Cards) in there instead, because they may have to delay the game.  Well, YEAH...I don't recall all the ins and outs of the Covid list, and when people can return...but I don't think it's this Sunday.  Raiders have 5 linemen on the roster...who are they gonna pick up this late?  Cuz trying to play with just 5 is ludicrous.  And let's not even begin to talk about how they're gonna perform.  They were 3.5 point dogs...yeah, well, if the game does get played (and IMO it shouldn't be, but we know competitive balance isn't a factor...money is) I'd take the Bucs and give the points.  And honestly, I'd probably be willing to give 10.  Come on, this has the earmark of a *bloodbath.*

It’s... possible that some of them might return, since AIUI they’re on the list for exposure, not positive tests. (Or they might come down with covid on Saturday.)

Regardless, it’s still not great if your o-line can’t practice all week. Those guys need to have their timing down. 

Looks like the Bucs D is a recommended play in fantasy against my Derps. 

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Tampa decided to bring back professional terminal cancer Antonio Brown, for some reason

One guess what the reason was.

Yeah, OK, *maybe* he's cleaned up his act, but I seriously doubt it.  Normally I'd say I'm basically neutral about the Bucs, but this...I hope it blows up in their faces.  

OK, so the Raiders linemen were potentially exposed and have been cleared.  I still agree with Old Man that the lack of practice with the game plan can't help.  I'd take the Bucs' D for fantasy, and take them to cover, if the game's even back on the boards (it wasn't for a while) up to about 7, I think.

The ultimate irony might be if AB introduces Covid-19 and spreads it to a few teammates.  

How is it possible for an NFL team to be down 3 scores to Washington, at halftime?

It is probable that the Cowboys are currently the worst team in the league.  The defense has been AWFUL all year;  they're giving up 36 a game.  The offense now is hideous;  they're averaging under 3 a play so far.  Dalton's not helping but he's also not getting any help...the sacks is one point, but I also saw one play early on where he hit the WR dead square between the numbers...and the guy flat dropped it.  Pretty sure it wasn't the first really bad drop I've seen from that guy, too.

Ewwwwwwwww....Andy Dalton out after a terrible, illegal hit;  he was sliding, Jon Bostic dove in, leading with his head, and it was head to head contact.  Tossed from the game;  I would not be surprised if a suspension is coming.