2020-2021 NFL Thread

Starlord

Had Tenn-Balt on so I didn't see it, but Hill's stats are fine.  Accuracy can be more than completion percentage, tho, to be sure.  Saints ran the ball down the Falcons' throat;  that always helps. 

Looks like Cam had a decent game;  Pats were killed by their secondary, from the stats.  12 yards per completion and 75% completion rate is a bad mix.

Baltimore is looking shaky.  The defense might be getting tired, but Tennessee is just getting way too many yards on these last several drives, and the offense isn't clicking *that* well.  It's very much looking like they're going to lose this game, and it's a very damaging loss...home game in the conference against another team in the Playoff Pack.  If so, they slip behind the Titans and the Browns, and you can basically forget catching Pittsburgh for the division.

YEP.  It's over.  Henry ran through em.  Ravens fall to 6-4 and might be on the outside of a playoff berth.

Melvin Gordon ran for two touchdowns today, but fumbled the ball at the one-yard line on what could have been a third touchdown that would have put the game out of reach from Miami. Nonetheless, Denver found a way to win the game, and that's not nothing.

3 hours ago, Starlord said:

I think my season ended today.  My 40+ year Bengal nightmare continues....

Which season?

Can you believe the Bears, with that inept offense, are in sole possession of the 7th playoff berth?  Vikes, Lions, and Niners are all sitting at 4-6.  The Niners probably have the tougher road, but it's gonna basically be about the division games.

6 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

The Jags are not good at football. 

Yes, but it doesn't help when your starting QB is...not very good...and he's out.  Pittsburgh's eaten inexperienced QBs for lunch for a long time.  And I haven't seen em so I could be wrong, but I suspect they're just playing out the string.  

Another reason why the Ravens' loss today really hurt...altho KC pulling the rabbit out helped some.  The problem is, they have Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh...Thanksgiving night.  So prep time is minimal.  They aren't out;  for example, the Titans play the Colts.  Worst case for the Ravens would be a tie, if they can't pull off the win.  But there won't be much time left, and they likely will be no better than 9th.  Dolphins have a freebie (Jets);  Raiders have the Falcons.  Not a gimme, quite, but they should win.

The upside...their last 5 is Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Bengals.  So there likely will be drama even if they lose...but they've used up their margin for error.

Tim Hasselbeck talking to SVP, about Mahomes' last-minute drive...made the point that the defenses are generally pretty vanilla.  It's up-tempo, few stoppages, so it's hard to get adjustments in, get them communicated, and execute them.

Makes sense...we've certainly seen a bushelful of last-minute scores this year, it seems.

1 minute ago, unclevlad said:

I was making a tiny joke...this season was already gone.  This'll set him back a ways, so it already puts next season in jeopardy....

Oh well, they don't all work....

Ah.  Well, it's the Bengals so the 'season' was gone before it even started...the only season we really had was watching our exciting young QB blossoming into a potential star....oh well.

Yeah, that always bites.  Might wish a team to do badly, but I almost never want to see someone injured.  (I reserve the right to do so, should a player show himself to be a loathsome toad.)

But it's the same freaking song and dance.  Seems like every franchise does it.  Draft the Next Great QB when there's no one around him, and all you ever do is wreck him.

4 hours ago, Old Man said:

Looks like there’s an outside chance Burrow might be ready for week 1 next season. Depending on how the surgery goes. 

One of the talking heads on tonight's halftime show was suggesting that since the Bengals can't put a decent team around him (mainly an offensive line) next year, they should give him all of 2021 to recover and play him in 2022.

I don't believe there's even the slightest chance that would happen, but it's interesting to think about.

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

One of the talking heads on tonight's halftime show was suggesting that since the Bengals can't put a decent team around him (mainly an offensive line) next year, they should give him all of 2021 to recover and play him in 2022.

I don't believe there's even the slightest chance that would happen, but it's interesting to think about.

That was Booger, and part of his point is the recovery time for the *multiple* ligament damage is 9 to 12 months...if it's 12, then you're right back in week 10 or 11 next year.

What...wait...what just happened????

TOMMY BRADY threw an overthrow pick, down a FG with 2 minutes left??????????  CHECK THE WEATHER IN THE NETHER REALMS!!!  A good NFL QB failed to make the comeback.

YEEEEEHAWWWW!!!!!  (Pats fans constantly calling him the GLA in every other sentence got REAL old.)

EDIT:  does Tom still have a real arm?  Longest completion was 18 yards.  The game-sealing pick was an overthrow on a longer route;  IIRC both were.  Some of it might not be enough time but the deep game absolute wasn't there tonight.  Something to watch moving forward.