2020-2021 NFL Thread

Starlord

Possibly, but I don't think Rivers comes close to Dan Marino.  Dan Marino put up '2020 QB' numbers back in the 80s.  IMO he's the second best QB of all time behind Peyton Manning.  There are so many rules that favor QB's than there were 20+ years ago.

Rivers was the very model of regular season consistency.  He was always a B grade QB and generally better than Eli Manning year to year.  However, Eli really stepped up his game in the playoffs.  Rivers also had the misfortune of playing almost his entire career in the same conference as Brady's Patriots, Peyton's Colts/Broncos, and Big Ben's Steelers.

13 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Wait a minute...

Down 8, 2:10 left, 4th and goal...kick a field goal????  

Packers coaching staff deserves to lose.  Brady dumps off to a back for 9 on first down.  One first down and it's almost over, unless the GB defense can somehow force a turnover. 

Mysterious are the ways of the Force. Understand it, you need not.

18 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Looks like I don't have a lot of motivation to watch the upcoming SB.

Sure you do.  The ads.

And another very bad, late decision, this one by Buffalo.  Down 17, you do NOT go for 2, you take the point.  The difference between 15 down and 16 down is very small;  the difference between 16 and 17 is 2 scores or 3 scores, so it's large.

The NFL isn't going to do a bubble even for the SB.

I wonder if the teams will.  KC can't go down to Tampa Bay until 2 days before the game...league mandate.  Dunno how that'll impact the Bucs.  Intent clearly is all events will be virtual.

But I'd want my guys out of harm's way.  It won't be for that long.

One of my problems with TB this year is that its not the team that the front office built. They brought in Brady, who, upon seeing what was there, convinced management to bring in his "friends" : Gronk, who had retired, Antonio Brown who pulled all the BS with the raiders so he could get released and got to NE where Belichek got rid of him quickly and truthfully should have been in jail for hitting a police officer with his car, Suh and Pierre Paul who both have histories of doing dumb/destructive things. I joked with my brother that TB was the 70s raider - we don't care what you did off the field as long as we win. and of course Brady, who gets thrown in as the GOAT, but truthfully, would he have even been in the conversations if not for the cheating that NE did against the Rams in 2002 or any of the other stuff they were accused and proven to have gotten away with.

46 minutes ago, slikmar said:

One of my problems with TB this year is that its not the team that the front office built. They brought in Brady, who, upon seeing what was there, convinced management to bring in his "friends" : Gronk, who had retired, Antonio Brown who pulled all the BS with the raiders so he could get released and got to NE where Belichek got rid of him quickly and truthfully should have been in jail for hitting a police officer with his car, Suh and Pierre Paul who both have histories of doing dumb/destructive things. I joked with my brother that TB was the 70s raider - we don't care what you did off the field as long as we win. and of course Brady, who gets thrown in as the GOAT, but truthfully, would he have even been in the conversations if not for the cheating that NE did against the Rams in 2002 or any of the other stuff they were accused and proven to have gotten away with.

I'm kind of an "any given Sunday" kind of guy.

Don't really care about history, it's what they're doing now that counts.

Then I root for the team which has the coolest looking uniform and helmet.

Does anyone know whether Tampa Bay will be wearing their home game uniforms? Those look really nice.