What fictional, mythological, or supernatural being would you want to be?

TheNaga

20 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Angel of Death sounds really good to me right now.

Given my current work schedule, I might take this, because it is sure to give me more downtime.

Note: ok not that bad in hours, but I the type if you want me for say 40 hours over a 10 day span, I do better with 4 day/10 hr instead of a 10 day/4hr.  I need my days away from actual face-to-face human interaction.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Given my current work schedule, I might take this, because it is sure to give me more downtime.

Note: ok not that bad in hours, but I the type if you want me for say 40 hours over a 10 day span, I do better with 4 day/10 hr instead of a 10 day/4hr.  I need my days away from actual face-to-face human interaction.

I often found that a single, short day...especially bailing out by or soon after lunch...would feel like a full day off.  BUT...if it's several days in a row, then...yeah it still felt like work because you're still on a schedule, you're still commuting back and forth, all that sorta stuff.  Scheduling mattered too, as I said...ok, I'm NOT a morning person, but 9-1, 10-2, something like that still largely left time to relax.  12-4...you can't relax so much in the morning altho you can certainly take your sweet time...and you're working til 'evening.'  Especially if shopping for dinner was in the day's plan, cuz then you're getting home barely in time for a civilized pre-dinner adult beverage....

I got to thinking that if I could not be an water elemental I would want to be an Ancarotaur.  Ancarotaur are a creation of mine.

Physical Description: An Ancarotaur resembles a gigantic, extremely horrific-looking starfish. Its smooth rubbery skin is oily and dark as the darkest night in color. Instead of the starfish arms, it has twelve symmetrically spaced incredibly flexible appendages. Two of its appendages are tentacles, measuring forty feet in length. Both of these tentacles have small but strong white sucker-like discs that are aligned in four rows. Each of its suckers is ringed with sharp teeth. These two tentacles are the most flexible of all its appendages. Four of the appendages split at the end, into three radial “fingers.” Another four of the appendages are nightmarish looking tentacles. A single vicious-looking barbed claw is found at the end of these tentacles. Another two of its appendages are tentacles. At the end of these two tentacles is a vicious looking mouth. Each mouth is lined with a double row of eight inches long razor-sharp pointed teeth. In its central disk, it has three round glaring red eyes that measure two feet in diameter set in an upside-down triangle pattern. Above each of those eyes is a thick brow ridge. On both sides of those eyes is a glaring red eye that measures six feet in diameter. All the eyes have a large rectangular shaped pupil. Below all of its eyes is a large powerful round mouth lined with sharp, serrated, triangular teeth. Instead of a normal tongue, its mouth has five black tentacle-like tongues that when fully extended, are about a third the length of their body.

Yeah, age or not, the Ganymede thing isn't for me, no offense of course.  But for variety, we might need that space travel, to find some of those green Orion women, I hear tell about on the Star Trek.

Note:  And let's be honest, if you are married to your sister.  "Variety" means less comparable DNA.