Corinth Virus Campaign Questions  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of the population is changing?

• A "mere" 1 to 5%
    • 6 to 10% of humanity transforms
    • Roughly 15 to 20% are so changed
    • Uh oh, 25 to 30% of the population are now non human
    • Heck with it, let's call it an even 50% more or less
    • Seventy Five percent of the population are now 'races' of Greek Myth? YIKES
    • I'm sorry to tell you this, only 5% of you are staying human
  2. 2. What about the Greek Gods? (Multiple choice, pick all you want)

• They seem to be responding to prayers, minor acts of magic come into effect if they are called on
    • People report sightings but no proof
    • Certain Cities In North America (and/or across the world) appear to have been CLAIMED by 'patron Greek Gods'
    • Oh, the Olympians are here and among us, possibly putting up their own Youtube channels or just taking over specific spots
    • In various locations, written in ancient Greek, are huge markings that say "The Titans have Escaped"
  3. 3. We do still have internet right? Is technology okay?

• Matter of fact, yeah! We've got Satyrs in modern Fighter Jets
    • At first it seemed fine, but over a matter of weeks anything more advanced than the Iron Age tech began to fail or stop working (Be glad it didn't go all the way to Bronze)
    • As above, but it stops at the late Renascence instead of Early Iron Age
    • Surprise, maybe i'ts magic, maybe it's just cyclopes can be born engineers, but we actually get a boost in a lot of tech, like a half century jump!

Yes, this is probably in poor taste, but we each deal with crazy situations in our own way... and inspiration is not always appropriate

The Anchorman straightened his tie, "We now turn to Holly Winger, our reporter on the street and in the fringes for our 'Isn't that odd?' news Segment" Mostly he was just glad some peon was going to be doing a fluff piece while he got to finish his coffee..

The camera zoomed in on a reporter in her mid twenties who looked a bit sweaty despite the attempts to touch things up, "Hi, I'm here in front of the scene of a very unusual crime. This liquor bottling factory , closed for the weekend, was broken into, and just about every drop of booze of all types was seized, bottles, kegs, and more. It sounds like a frat party gone wrong, but the interesting thing? Hoof prints? As if a stampede went through here, which sounds like a frat PRANK gone wrong.." Then she coughed, and wiped at her brow.

The Anchorman, Gus DeVaki, rolled his eyes, but quickly. Couldn't be seen doing that if the camera came back to him while she recovered. Ah there it was, the signal that he too was on the screen. So much for his coffee break. Feigning concern he said, "Holly, are you okay? I hear there's a bug going around and we'd hate to lose one of our best reporters." 

Holly fought another cough and lost, then she shot a look at the camera, as if she wanted to reach through the lens and strangle DeVaki. Attentive viewers noticed her eyes had gone oddly black, reflective, and shifted shape a bit, "Do you, Gus? Because last I heard half the station couldn't get a raise because of your damn golden parachute deal for yourself, nevermind you keep expecting anyone female at the station who doesn't have power over your paycheck to fetch you coffee when you snap your fingers."

Gus's eyes bulged, then narrowed, what did this crazy chick think she was doing? Calling him out on TV? He tried to play it off, no need for viewers to suspect she was right, "Hahah.. oh you pranked me good today guys. How'd you know this was a very special day to..."

Another bought of coughing , and Holly felt something seeping out of her as she did so, and yet, she felt stronger, "Stow it, Gus!" She tore at her jacket with increasingly sharp, increasingly talon like fingernails, "By Hera, the nerve of you. You over rated, over paid, third rank desk jockey! You're laughter is almost as fake as that dye job on your receding hairline you try to hide." Wings Burst out from her back, "Oh that's what was itching! you know what I've got an itching for, Gus?" Holly said, the hair on her head feathery rather than strand like, "More chances to chew you out, which is nicer than gutting you like you deserve!" She shrieked.

Gus was freaking out. Someone at the console would normally cut it off at this point, and cut to commercial but they were also too stunned as the transformation continue. The reporter wasn't hideous, but she was becoming inhuman. Her legs, from the kneecaps down, also now resembled birds legs and talons. 

"And you know what else?" Holly flapped and cursed him out on live TV, using language that was not approved by the network and caused one lady at the FCC to clutch her pearls and start the count on what the network would owe.

Gus, when he had a thought all, just knew she was a monster.

Viewers with the right mix of education and imagination, realized she wasn't just any monster, she was a Harpy! Or at least close enough to count!

It was the first live on air of event of what would be called the Corinth Virus, and people all over the country began to transform to Centaurs, Cyclopes, Satyrs, Nymphs, and more! Each transformation came with gifts and curses, of sorts. As if their personality was at least influenced by what form they had taken. Harpies, for example, could be very harsh critics of character.

But how much of the population was changed? Where was the virus most spread? Was their a pattern to who turned to what, or was it random?

Polls are up! Maybe you guys will want to brainstorm to pass the time, etc.

1)

None of them. No one has _actually_ changed.

The perceiver _sees_ them as changed.

He _feels_ them as changed.

He hears and _smells_ them as changed.

He even _tastes_ them as changed!

But it's all in the perceiver, and no one has _actually_ changed.

It's the same thing, right?

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

1)

None of them. No one has _actually_ changed.

The perceiver _sees_ them as changed.

He _feels_ them as changed.

He hears and _smells_ them as changed.

He even _tastes_ them as changed!

I knew someone who did a horror RPG like that. Vaguely Lovecraftian. He said ot worked really well

16 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Why would it not be the same thing?  What difference does it make?  What does change really mean?

I think that, game-wise, it is important to be able to facilitate a "see true form" ability.  How is that possible unless the true form is somewhere?  If you want a real change there are multiform and Transform options.  🙂

I actually like the shape-shift and it would be interesting in this situation if there were people that did not see the transformed folk, or were able to see the original form.  More interesting if lots of the mythic creatures came from animals rather than humans, so some harpies might have transformed from eagles or vultures which might make a difference to their level of bestiality.  Shape-shift accommodates that beautifully....

Doc

Well, for myself- I want folks who were turned into harpies to actually fly, and centaurs to actually run faster and cyclops to bump t heir head, but that's my pref and I am curious to others brainstorming *G*

I wonder what pattern there would be to the transformations? Frex- If you are living in a plains state, are you more likely to go Centaur where as if you live in an area with hills and woods nymphs and satyrs are more likely? 

Or maybe it's truly random 

Hermit' friend sees it, so I know there are at least two of us. 

I don't turn into a lamppost; I just look smell taste feel sound like one.  There's nothing that stops me from jumping into a car and driving away: I am _not_ a lamppost; I have just completely convinced everyone I am. 

And that's all I am going to say here; I didn't mean to derail the thread with what was intended as a minor joke. 

Ok, at 18 votes... the results are:

What percentage of the population is changing?

Uh oh, 25 to 30% of the population are now non human- When the Corinth Virus hit, a guaranteed one out of four transformed into something no longer human. Some estimate it was closer to thirty percent, but it varied from locale to locale slightly within that range. Suddenly there were millions of centaurs, cyclops, harpies, satyrs and nymphs, changed not just in body, but even their personalities influenced by new instincts (some would say an imposed culture). Did the various new peoples move to form communities for their kind, or try to work with the still majority humans? You decide.

What about the Greek Gods? (the top votes)

In various locations, written in ancient Greek, are huge markings that say "The Titans have Escaped"- On the side of skyscrapers, on the runways of airports, and in some cases just huge monoliths that weren't there before hand, it is clear someone wants the world to know the Titans have escaped. What that means for humanity might be subject to some debate but most would agree "it don't sound good"

People report sightings but no proof- Folks are claiming to have seen Zeus, or Athena or any number of Greek Gods of myth, but no one has evidence. No one can prove it. And really, what if some see them looking one way, but another says no that's now how Ares looks like at all?

Certain Cities In North America (and/or across the world) appear to have been CLAIMED by 'patron Greek Gods'- And yet there are signs that certain cities are claimed. The major Olympians have more cities they've marked, but some lesser known Greek Gods have left signs or symbols of their favor/stake. For example, it took awhile for folks in Vegas to figure out that that new giant statue was an idol to Tyche!

(Close enough to maybe count)They seem to be responding to prayers, minor acts of magic come into effect if they are called on- Calling on the Greek Gods names now that they're 'here' seems to have effects now and then, but true to the myths, you might not always want to get their notice. It's small at first, but Occultists, Neo-Pagans, and others have loads of old lore to test out. The results should be interesting.

We do still have internet right? Is technology okay?

Matter of fact, yeah! We've got Satyrs in modern Fighter Jets-  Forms change, culture is challenged, weirdness abounds, but the internet thrives meaning everyone's opinion on it all can be shared and folks can reach out to those like them while others give voice to their fears. If the idea of a Cyclops seems frightening, a cyclops with a grenade should be terrifying (Well, anyone with a grenade should be, but you get the point). Some of the new /reborn species might have trouble with size changes making tech not always a good fit, but the tech remains unharmed and as available as before. And yes, in some part of the world, there are Satyrs in fighter jets.