re: 5th Edition Character Writeups

fdw3773

23 minutes ago, fdw3773 said:

I have several DC, Marvel, and other comic universe character write-ups that I previously used at game conventions for players to select and use for the session. Some may be interested in downloading for themselves.

Do I post them here or in the downloads section?

Download section would be cool, we already have a number of fan made conversion there.

Link it here when you do as well.

It's always debatable, but Green Lantern...?  The power ring's not a focus, it's SFX.  Makes a sizable difference in the costing if you take that out...well over 100 points.  You also assigned a -2 to the yellow vulnerability?  -1/4, maybe -1/2.  Yeah, it does nothing against something yellow, but that doesn't represent a near-complete loss of functionality *generally*...which is what the limitation represents.

But you did do a nice job in showing how crazy-broad the ring is...all the utility powers.

58 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

It's always debatable, but Green Lantern...?  The power ring's not a focus, it's SFX.  Makes a sizable difference in the costing if you take that out...well over 100 points.  You also assigned a -2 to the yellow vulnerability?  -1/4, maybe -1/2.  Yeah, it does nothing against something yellow, but that doesn't represent a near-complete loss of functionality *generally*...which is what the limitation represents.

But you did do a nice job in showing how crazy-broad the ring is...all the utility powers.

I think the ring is a focus, yeah!

Also, the reason yellow is -2 is because SO MANY PEOPLE KNOW. That's why Batman paints Robin yellow and locks Hal in a room with him to demonstrate that the kid is going to be okay.

Also, everyone please give fdw3773 some love: Hit that button and give the man (or woman) some REP!!

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

Every character is subject to a GM's interpretation, but I used the DC Heroes (Third Edition by Mayfair Games) to create the adaptation. Under that system a Green Lantern's Power Ring is listed under equipment, just like Batman's utility belt, so it's safe to say that it's a Focus and not SFX. I've also collected Green Lantern comics and related titles on and off for a dozen or so years (e.g. Justice League since Green Lantern was a member), and have seen what happens when the ring is de-powered, stolen, etc. or even used by someone else.

Here's the last wave of DC Heroes I wrote up for 5th Edition. Unfortunately, this group does not have supporting Hero Designer files.

Am in the process of converting 5th Edition to 6th Edition, so will eventually post them as well, to include villains with Hero Designer files.

Enjoy!

A couple of notes that I forgot to mention when I posted the various files:

1) These character write-ups were designed for use at game conventions and charity events where I ran Champions. As such, the character sheet was simplified as much as possible for the players who showed up at my table. By design, it was intended to have all the information and character image fit on one page. Details like height/weight, powers and tactics, etc. were omitted on the Hero Designer files as a result.

2) Players attending the game convention weren't concerned about every minute detail for the superhero he or she selected such as height/weight and the extraneous information on the standard Hero System character sheet (e.g. hit location chart). As long as it covered the main powers and abilities of the superhero selected that was reasonably close in terms of power levels, the players were extremely pleased with the write-ups and enjoyed the scenario. The number of points listed was a general guide for the player to see how powerful that character was and for me to determine which foes the players were encountered to keep the game relatively balanced (e.g. I wasn't going to have a player choosing X-Men's Beast to fight someone like Apocalypse or Magneto by himself).

I just posted the consolidated list of Marvel character write-ups I developed for the game conventions and events I supported in one Zip file for download. An asterisk (*) indicates that the Hero Designer file is included:

Antman, Beast*, Captain America, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)*, Colossus, Cyclops, Hawkeye*, Hulk*, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron Man*, Jean Grey*, Mr. Fantastic*, Rogue*, She-Hulk*, Spider-Woman*, Storm*, Thor*, Vision*, Wasp, and Wolverine*.

Here's the link:

Enjoy! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

fdw3773, I really enjoyed your sheets. Good work!

If anyone is interested, I have also uploaded character sheets for a few characters. I have updated the previous file (if you have already downloaded it, you might want to do it again) and this time I have added the Hero Designer files for your convenience (it was silly of me to have omitted them the first time around) 

DC and Marvel Sample Heroes

Justice League 

• Aquaman (700pts)
  • Batman (800pts)
  • Cyborg (600pts) New
  • Flash (700pts)
  • Green Lantern (700pts)
  • Superman (800pts)
  • Wonder Woman (700pts)

Titans

• Beast Boy (400pts)
  • Donna Troy (400pts) New
  • Nightwing (400pts)
  • Omen (400pts) New
  • Raven (400pts)
  • Starfire (400 pts)
  • Tempest (400pts) New

Marvel

• Colossus (400pts)
  • Daredevil (400pts)
  • Spider-Man (400pts)

All the Hero Designer files are included (except Colossus which you ca find in the HERO System Book of Templates) New

• 1 year later...