fatal error

lolanok

Some of my combat files will work, but more do not.  Can anyone help?

A fatal error has occured. Please review the Hero Combat Manager FAQ. If the FAQ does not provide you with an answer, submit an bug report to Hero Combat Manager Website. Include the Combat Record File that was being used during this combat session. Also include the error log file, hcmlogging.txt, which is found in the folder where Hero Combat Manager was installed.

(( XMLParsering) Utilities.XMLParserExceptions: Utilities.XMLParserExceptions: While converting SPDEFENSES field a null (XMLParser.getNodeList) occured while converting XML element into the SPDEFENSES field.)

bilbo.XML bilbo.hdc

2 hours ago, lolanok said:

Some of my combat files will work, but more do not.  Can anyone help?

Is it because my Hero Designer is old?  

HERO Designer v3
Build 2006051510

2 hours ago, lolanok said:

A fatal error has occured. Please review the Hero Combat Manager FAQ. If the FAQ does not provide you with an answer, submit an bug report to Hero Combat Manager Website. Include the Combat Record File that was being used during this combat session. Also include the error log file, hcmlogging.txt, which is found in the folder where Hero Combat Manager was installed.

(( XMLParsering) Utilities.XMLParserExceptions: Utilities.XMLParserExceptions: While converting SPDEFENSES field a null (XMLParser.getNodeList) occured while converting XML element into the SPDEFENSES field.)

bilbo.XML 4.53 kB · 0 downloads bilbo.hdc 5.71 kB · 0 downloads

Hi I am the developer of HCM.  Thank you for purchasing the software.

So I loaded the HDC file into the most current version of Hero Designer.  I noticed the character is a 5e character (COM was the dead giveaway 😉) so I exported the character using the 5e combat record export which comes with Hero Combat Manager.  I then loaded the new XML file and it loaded up just fine.

Is it possible you exported the character using the 6e combat record export?  If you did then the resulting file will fail to load into HCM.

I would definitely upgrade to the current version of Hero Designer.  But that wasn't the issue.  I am 99% sure you picked the HeroCombatManager-6e-XML.hcr file instead of the HeroCombatManager-6e-XML.hcr .  I was able to reproduce your error by using the HDC file you provided, my current version of HD and use the 6e export file.

• 2 months later...

I'm seeing the same issue, but having been a software tester for more than 10 years, I went through the steps above (even before reading this thread) and I still get the SPDEFENSES parsering error. HD is up-to-date, the Combat Manager is the most recent version, having been downloaded to this PC just the other day. Both characters are 6E, using the 6E export v1.1.

The combat record is in the same directory as HCM. The file I tried is attached. I should note that this has worked in the past, but these are new installations. 

Is there a newer version of the export than the 2014 release of 1.1 that I'm somehow missing?

Fight10.XML

hcmlogging20200614073858.txt

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Crazy few days.

Are you running v1.12 or v1.11?  I ask because v1.12 has newer export files.  I would suggest exporting the files using the export files that came w/ v1.12 (they should have a dates in 2016).  Always re-export.  If that doesn't work please post the HD characters so I can walk thru the process with your actual characters.

Thank you again.