Statting out a Cyborg Beholder

grandmastergm

Hello,

Apparently over a decade ago, Deathtribble commissioned a cyborg beholder from Storn named "Colonel Blinky".  How would you guys stat him out?    I think he' be a good NPC for an Urban Fantasy game or even a Champions game with some alien/fantasy elements.

Feel free to post your builds here!

Colonel Blinky.jpg

Technically he is not a cyborg.

He is a beholder with modern weapons and working eyestalks.

Choose from the following

Inflict Moderate Wounds

Charm Person/Monster

Flesh to Stone

Slow

Sleep

Disintegrate

Fear

Finger of Death

Telekinesis

Anti Magic Cone from the central eye

I had him speak with a German accent. And he would appear to the strains of Ride of the Valkyries.

49 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Inflict Moderate Wounds

Charm Person/Monster

Flesh to Stone

Slow

Sleep

Disintegrate

Fear

Finger of Death

Telekinesis

I had him speak with a German accent. And he would appear to the strains of Ride of the Valkyries.

Cool.  What game did he appear in?

How did you stat him out?  How did you stat out the weapons and attacks?

The Anti-Magic Cone was (IIRC) neutralize magic no range only if in front of the eye does not work if flashed.

Flesh to stone was a transform.

Slow was Speed Drain

Fear and the Charms were mind control/empathy

Finger of death and Disintegrate were killing attacks

Sleep was stun drain

Inflict Moderate Wounds was an AP EB or AP KA

Telekinesis was obvious.

SPD was 5, Dex was 20

Well, the minigun as drawn would be a 3-shot autofire RKA and there are at least 2 different types of missile attacks.  The eyestalks should give him 360-degree vision on sight group, and I'd probably throw in a couple of levels in both ranged combat and offsetting range modifiers because of them.

What combination of powers did you guys use to create his floating eyeball movement?

I get that Flight is the obvious power, but would there be some kind of limitations on that?  I can certainly imagine a beholder who uses the power of Flight at that power's full utility, but I can also imagine a slightly bobbing, floating version might not be able to do everything.  Any thoughts on that?

On 4/8/2020 at 3:59 PM, death tribble said:

Inflict Moderate Wounds

Charm Person/Monster

Flesh to Stone

Slow

Sleep

Disintegrate

Fear

Finger of Death

Telekinesis

What sort of attacks did he have for his weapons arsenal?

Do you remember if he had targeting systems or boosts to his CLs or CVs?

What about his complications?

Thank you for all this information!

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Maybe I need to open that thread for suggestions on a "Math Demon" I've been wanting to.

Sounds like a more demonic version of my idea for a Devil's Advocate 2050 character.  I'll edit this once I remember what I name him.

I remember now. Ah Aheb Eb.

10 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

What sort of attacks did he have for his weapons arsenal?

Do you remember if he had targeting systems or boosts to his CLs or CVs?

What about his complications?

Thank you for all this information!

He was supposed to have the Apache helicopter pilot sight.

He had an autofire KA

The rockets could be special purpose like explosive.

He could use darkness or flash powers.

He could have laser sighting which would give the minigun and the rockets a benefit i.e. CSLs

6 hours ago, death tribble said:

He was supposed to have the Apache helicopter pilot sight.

He had an autofire KA

The rockets could be special purpose like explosive.

He could use darkness or flash powers.

He could have laser sighting which would give the minigun and the rockets a benefit i.e. CSLs

Okay, how's this build?

Colonel Blinky.zip

5 hours ago, death tribble said:

I can't open HDC files

Colonel Blinky
Player: Death_Tribble

Val   Char    Cost
25   STR 15
20   DEX 20
18   CON 8
15   BODY 5
18   INT 8
20   EGO 10
25   PRE 15

20   PD 6
20   ED 6
5   SPD 30
10   REC 6
90   END 14
40   STUN 10

0m   RUN -12
0m   SWIM -2
0m   LEAP -2

Characteristics Cost: 201

Cost   Power END
60   Eye Blasts: Multipower, 90-point reserve, all slots Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)   
6f   1) Anti Magic Stare: Dispel any magic power one at a time 20d6, Variable Effect (+1/2); Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)  9
6f   2) Inflict Wounds: Killing Attack - Ranged 6d6; Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)  9
5f   3) Flesh to Stone: Severe Transform 6d6 (living things to stone, heals back through restorative magics or another application of this power); Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2), Limited Target living beings only (-1/4)  9
6f   4) Charm Person/Monster: Mind Control 14d6, Telepathic (+1/4); Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)  9
6f   5) Slow: Drain SPD 9d6; Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)  9
6f   6) Sleep: Mental Blast 9d6; Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)  9
6f   7) Disintegrate: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Resistant ED defined as a force-field; All Or Nothing; +1), Does BODY (+1); Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)  9
6f   😎 Fear: Drain PRE 9d6; Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)  9
6f   9) Finger of Death: Drain BODY 9d6; Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)  9
6f   10) Telekinesis: Telekinesis (60 STR); Individual Slots Can Be Disabled With Called Shots (Anti-Magic Stare Is -6 OCV, All Other Slots Are -8 OCV; Slots Are Not Fully Protected By Beholder's Defenses, The Anti-Magic Stare Is DEF 4, BODY 3, All Other Slots Are DEF 6, BODY 1; -1/2)  9

100   Arsenal: Multipower, 150-point reserve, all slots OIF (-1/2)   
10f   1) Minigun: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Autofire (10 shots; +1); OIF (-1/2), 250 Charges (+1)  [250]
4f   2) Hellfire Missiles: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6, Area Of Effect (16m Radius Explosion; +1/4), Armor Piercing (x2; +1/2); 5 Charges (-3/4), OIF (-1/2), Only Versus Ground Targets (-1/2)  [5]
5f   3) Air-To-Air Stinger Missiles: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6, Armor Piercing (+1/4), Area Of Effect (16m Radius Explosion; +1/4), No Range Modifier (+1/2); 8 Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Only Versus Flying Targets (-1/2)  [8]
4f   4) Fire Grenades: Blast 12d6, Area Of Effect (8m Radius; +1/2); 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2)  [4]
4f   5) Smoke Grenade: Darkness to Sight Group 16m radius; 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)  [4 cc]
4f   6) Flashbang Grenades: Sight and Hearing Groups Flash 11d6, Area Of Effect (8m Radius; +1/2); 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2)  [4]

6   Communications System: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group); OIF (-1/2), Affected As Sight and Hearing Groups as well as Radio Group (-1/2)  0
7   Radar Warning Receiver: Detect Detection By Radar 16- (Radio Group); OIF (-1/2)  0
15   Bite: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2 1/2d6 w/STR)  1
36   Chitinous Shell: Resistant Protection (12 PD/12 ED)  0
6   Great Size: Knockback Resistance -6m  0
44   Always Flies: Flight 30m, Position Shift, No Turn Mode (+1/4)  4
10   Multiple Eyestalks: Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with Sight Group  0
5   Nightvision: Nightvision  0
5   Heat Vision: Infrared Perception (Sight Group)  0
4   Sharp Eyes: +2 PER with Sight Group  0
6   Sharp Eyes: +4 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group  0

Powers Cost: 394

Cost   Skill
20   +2 with All Attacks 
16   +2 with Ranged Combat 
12   +4 vs Range Modifiers 
8   +4 with Minigun and Missiles; OIF (-1/2) 

2   AK: Africa 11- 
2   AK: Asia 11- 
2   AK: Europe 11- 
2   AK: North America 11- 
2   KS: South America 11- 
3   Bureaucratics 14- 
3   Concealment 13- 
10   Defensive Attack  
3   Demolitions 13- 
3   Fast Draw 13- 
3   Interrogation 14- 
3   KS: Military History 13- 
3   KS: The Military/Mercenary/Terrorist World 13- 
3   KS: World Military Weaponry & Vehicles 13- 
0   Language: German (idiomatic) 
3   Language: English (completely fluent) 
1   Language: French (basic conversation) 
2   Language: Spanish; (fluent conversation) 
3   Navigation 13- 
3   Oratory 14- 
3   Persuasion 14- 
3   PS: Soldier 13- 
5   Rapid Attack (10 Active Points); Ranged Multiple Attacks Only (-1) 
3   Shadowing 13- 
3   Stealth 13- 
3   Streetwise 14- 
3   Systems Operation 13- 
3   Tactics 13- 
3   Tracking 13- 

5   WF: Small Arms, General Purpose/Heavy Machine Guns, Grenade Launchers, Shoulder-Fired Weapons 

Skills Cost: 146

Cost   Talent
2   Absolute Range Sense; OIF (-1/2) 

Talents Cost: 2

Total Character Cost: 743

Val   Disadvantages
25   Distinctive Features: Monstrous Beholder; (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 
20   Hunted: Floating Enemy; Infrequently (Mo Pow; NCI; Capture/Kill) 
10   Physical Complication: Large (+2 to PER rolls to perceive, +2 OCV to hit); (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing) 
20   Psychological Complication: Arrogant and Overconfident; (Very Common; Strong) 
20   Psychological Complication: Code of the Mercenary; (Common; Total) 
25   Susceptibility: from Flash Attacks vs Sight Group; 1d6 damage per Segment (Common) 

Disadvantage Points: 120
Base Points: 400
Experience Required: 343
Total Experience Available: 343
Experience Unspent: 0