Scott Ruggels

Looking for a 6e 3 column Template.

Hey Folks,

I am looking for a 3 column template for 6e, but following the 4e 3 column format (i.e. Not including Background or quotes on the first page.). It should have the stats in the proper order, for 6e, and should in most cases, fit on one page with a small sans-serif font (like 4e). It would be nice to include the martial moves , and hit location information, but not necessary. I have tried the Derek  Heimforth 3 column and the Compressed 3 column, but the stat orders were messed up and the compressed was missing the STR stat. Any help would be gratefully accepted, and there is no major rush for this, but i wanted something to display as a PDF Character sheet, that was reasonably complete to reference while playing on Table Top Simulator. Not a lot of negative (wasted) space on the sheet, and density is not a problem as long as it remains legible. Thank you in advance.

20 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

Hey Folks,

I am looking for a 3 column template for 6e, but following the 4e 3 column format (i.e. Not including Background or quotes on the first page.). It should have the stats in the proper order, for 6e, and should in most cases, fit on one page with a small sans-serif font (like 4e). It would be nice to include the martial moves , and hit location information, but not necessary. I have tried the Derek  Heimforth 3 column and the Compressed 3 column, but the stat orders were messed up and the compressed was missing the STR stat. Any help would be gratefully accepted, and there is no major rush for this, but i wanted something to display as a PDF Character sheet, that was reasonably complete to reference while playing on Table Top Simulator. Not a lot of negative (wasted) space on the sheet, and density is not a problem as long as it remains legible. Thank you in advance.

You know, Scott, it's really not all that hard to modify an existing file. Take one of the ones that are almost what you want and then open it up in a text editor and rearrange the lines to meet your needs and see how it looks. If you need to add a line like STR, just see how the others are done copy the same text with the proper tag in the place where you want it. The HERO Designer documentation lists all the tags if you need. If it doesn't work out, just delete it. It's not all that hard, and I say that as a guy who still hasn't figured out how Tabletop Simulator works yet! Fiddle and see what you come up with.

46 minutes ago, Brian Stanfield said:

You know, Scott, it's really not all that hard to modify an existing file. Take one of the ones that are almost what you want and then open it up in a text editor and rearrange the lines to meet your needs and see how it looks. If you need to add a line like STR, just see how the others are done copy the same text with the proper tag in the place where you want it. The HERO Designer documentation lists all the tags if you need. If it doesn't work out, just delete it. It's not all that hard, and I say that as a guy who still hasn't figured out how Tabletop Simulator works yet! Fiddle and see what you come up with.

I think I'd rather maybe throw money at the problem, because I am catastrophically bad, at anything involving coding or editing.

I think that the thing about Tabletop Simulator is that any experience with  3D programs. navigating it and using it becomes a lot easier.

3 hours ago, Brian Stanfield said:

Have you followed the tutorials Brian?  They helped me a lot!

17 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

I think I'd rather maybe throw money at the problem, because I am catastrophically bad, at anything involving coding or editing.

I think that the thing about Tabletop Simulator is that any experience with  3D programs. navigating it and using it becomes a lot easier.

I’ll tell you what. I’ve been meaning to fiddle with an export template anyway, just for the experience. Which file do you like the best, the Heimforth or the Compressed? I’ll see if I can modify it for you. 

By the way, I checked both the export formats you like, and didn't have a problem with the missing/out of order stats that you have. Maybe you have a corrupted file and should re-download the updated files? 

In either case, I can mix the two together, sort of, to fit your needs. 

Edited by Brian Stanfield
Edited after looking at the exports.

4 hours ago, Amorkca said:

Have you followed the tutorials Brian?  They helped me a lot!

I’d be totally lost without those tutorials. I’ve also watched every Kimiko one from TTS, and read the entire knowledge base. I think one of the biggest problems I’m having is getting used to where everything is in both Steam and TTS. It’s not always intuitive to me, but I’m finding that a lot lately with web apps. I want to love it, but I’m not quite there yet. 

My biggest hurdle right now is finding appropriate figures for a pulp campaign. Creating them is way beyond me. 

The Tags for the XML files are in the Documentation PDF. I suggest using something like Code Writer or Notepad++ if you are using windows. They can show the text in a format that is much easier to understand. That and a GUI HTML editor helped me with a quick and pretty clean code sheet when I did my Combat Record Template. I just added in the data tags where they needed to be. A bit tedious but they worked.