Ranged Martial Arts, Multipowers, and Advantaged Attacks

SteveZilla

Question

Hi Steve, when HSMA, p 9 says that "... characters with innate Ranged attacks buy Ranged Martial Maneuvers, in which case you should consider that Ranged attack as a “weapon”...", is each attack power slot of a Multipower it's own attack (I'd need to pay a WF for each slot past the first), or can the whole Multipower be treated as the "weapon" the Ranged Martial Maneuvers apply to?

Also, how does one apply a Martial Maneuver to an attack power that is advantaged, like AoE/Explosion?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

My apologies for the delay in responding.

1.  Whether a character with a Multipower of Ranged attacks has to buy one WF per slot to use them with Martial Maneuvers, one WF for the entire Multipower, or some other option is up to the GM. Depending on special effects, common sense, game balance sense, and so on, I can see how the answer might differ. For example, if the Multipower’s slots all represent different aspects or manifestations of the same power, then maybe one WF would suffice. On the other hand, if the Multipower’s slots are each distinct attacks that don’t directly relate to one another, then maybe the GM would require one WF per slot.

2. The rules on 6E2 100-102 discuss how to add damage to Advantaged attacks. Martial Maneuvers specifically are covered on 6E2 102. If you still have questions after reviewing those rules, please post a follow-up or PM me.