What is your superteam's rallying cry?

Steve

On 4/17/2020 at 8:27 PM, Tjack said:

A cool cry, but even though they’ve been in comics and movies, the Transformers are primarily known as an animated series.

Dismissed?

How dare you?!!!

Edit: and if you are indeed looking for a cool one.  This might be about the only one in fictional history. :whistle:

10 hours ago, Badger said:

Dismissed?

How dare you?!!!

Edit: and if you are indeed looking for a cool one.  This might be about the only one in fictional history. :whistle:

I do not dare, because since I didn’t start the thread, it’s not my circus and not my monkey.  
If you think Transformers is primarily a comic book, make yourself happy. 
   To anybody else,  I’m going to put up the Tarzan yell.  He’s been in comic books...once in a while  And so what if nobody else in the jungle ever did it.  
   If nobody else wants to read a simple question in straightforward English why the h311 should I be the bouncer at the door?

It never ceases to astound me the way people on the internet ,when they are asked to list things that are either A, B, or C,  insist on arguing that every other letter of the alphabet should count also.

Hypothetically any Themed team should have a common concept they can rally around. Its all very Golden Age comics, but when in Rome...

A Royal Flush Gang squad, "Let's shuffle them!", or "Make'em fold boys!"

Chance based: "Roll the Dice!"

Snake Theme: "VIPER Bite!"

Godly theme, "Smite Them!"

Roman Theme, "Vindicans vindicabl convenite!", "For Rome!"

X-Men had Professor X for a while saying "To me, my X-Men."  which if you think about it is sexist and kind of creepy. :)

I think the New Warriors in Marvel had one, but I am not sure.  

The Batman 60s TV show had "To the Batpoles!"

He-Man and She-Ra had "For the honor of Greyskull"

The power Rangers had "Its morphine time" or something like that. :D

TMNT TV show had "Turtle Power"

Sailor Moon had "In the name of the moon, we will punish you" or something like that.  Sorry don't remember the exact quote as I don't read that manga.

Thundercats had "Thunder Thunder Thundercat's Ho!" which might be a yell for Cheetara. :)

Star Wars had "May the force be with you" for the Jedi. The Dark side Sith only had choking sounds.

Star Trek had "Red Alert!".  Its sort of a rallying cry.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:01 AM, Tjack said:

I do not dare, because since I didn’t start the thread, it’s not my circus and not my monkey.  
If you think Transformers is primarily a comic book, make yourself happy. 
   To anybody else,  I’m going to put up the Tarzan yell.  He’s been in comic books...once in a while  And so what if nobody else in the jungle ever did it.  
   If nobody else wants to read a simple question in straightforward English why the h311 should I be the bouncer at the door?

It never ceases to astound me the way people on the internet ,when they are asked to list things that are either A, B, or C,  insist on arguing that every other letter of the alphabet should count also.

Heh, well.  If I am being technical I would defer to the G1 cartoon to all things Transformers (I heard Michael Bay made some movies,  but I seriously doubt the veracity of such slanderous rumors).   But, I am more of a "spirit of a comic" for these purposes, if I am being serious.  

7 hours ago, Badger said:

Heh, well.  If I am being technical I would defer to the G1 cartoon to all things Transformers (I heard Michael Bay made some movies,  but I seriously doubt the veracity of such slanderous rumors).   But, I am more of a "spirit of a comic" for these purposes, if I am being serious.  

Wow...I would have thought it was fairly clear from my previous post (‘ya know, the one you quoted) that I no longer care to argue this about this subject.  In other words, go find somebody who goes a @#$&.

I had a couple of heroes once who really needed to get a team vehicle. Their cry was "To the bus stop!"

I also count "It's clobberin' time!" So what if only Blue Eyed Benjy said it? Did the others not then follow his ever lovin' lead? Yes, yes they did. Also, not aware of any definition of "rallying cry" that requires all parties to say it. Likewise "Spoon!"

1 hour ago, drunkonduty said:

I had a couple of heroes once who really needed to get a team vehicle. Their cry was "To the bus stop!"

I also count "It's clobberin' time!" So what if only Blue Eyed Benjy said it? Did the others not then follow his ever lovin' lead? Yes, yes they did. Also, not aware of any definition of "rallying cry" that requires all parties to say it. Likewise "Spoon!"

SPOON!!!!! :sneaky:

"They can prepare for everything but us kicking their @$$!"

During a session, villains took a building and had hostages. The heroes were trying to figure out the best approach to these villains, who were clearly waiting for them. One hero grew impatient and yelled out, "They can prepare for everything but us kicking their @$$!" It became a rallying cry for a little while.