Jump to content

Power Levels: The Best Movie Batman To Take Down Joker


Steve
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Trick question. All the movie Batmen are too stupid to take down the Joker.


    For a smart Caped Crusader you have to go to Fox’s Batman: TAS.  The best of the the cartoon Batmen.  Followed by either the WB’s continuation or for nostalgia go to the Filmation version from the late ‘60’s that had the voices of Adam West & Burt Ward.

       Yes I’m a geek, we’ve discussed this before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tjack said:


    For a smart Caped Crusader you have to go to Fox’s Batman: TAS.  The best of the the cartoon Batmen.  Followed by either the WB’s continuation or for nostalgia go to the Filmation version from the late ‘60’s that had the voices of Adam West & Burt Ward.

       Yes I’m a geek, we’ve discussed this before.

 

 

Was that the one where he was voiced by Hoss Delgato from Billy and Mandy?  All that show ever did was make me really miss Hoss Delgato from Billy and Mandy.....

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

 

 

Was that the one where he was voiced by Hoss Delgato from Billy and Mandy?  All that show ever did was make me really miss Hoss Delgato from Billy and Mandy.....

 

 


     No, the B:TAS version was voiced by Kevin Conroy, who I always thought did a phenomenal job as both Bats and Bruce. 
  You can check out the scene from Mask of the Phantasam where Bruce is at his parents graves regretting his vow to avenge because he has fallen in love.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, The Joker is supposed to have some substantial fighting skills.  In his first appearance he went hand-to-hand with Batman and managed to push him off a bridge into a river.  As Batman swam up onto shore he remarked that he finally met someone who could give him a good fight.  His appearances in the Diniverse Animated Series have always culminated in some really good fight scenes, especially when he breaks out the razor-edged Joker cards that he throws like shurikens.  

 

Now I'm not doubting your fighting skills, but I am saying it would take a trained and experienced fighter to take on The Joker hand-to-hand--especially since I doubt he would fight at all fairly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah there's nothing about Joker's personality, background, or skills that make him remotely capable in a fight, its just one of those "because otherwise Batman would wad him up into a ball and throw him in the dumpster" things.  Like how fat, out of shape Doc Ock can take a full on punch from Spider-man and keep going instead of dribbling teeth as he slumped to the ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  The Joker is one of those guys too crazy to stay down.  See the movie Raging Bull, “You never got me down Ray—You never got me down!”  He doesn’t seem to feel his own pain (or anybody else’s) and just keeps going no matter what kind of damage he takes.  Most people when they have a broken bone are done with the fight. The Joker seems to soak up a broken nose along with cracked ribs every fight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Yeah there's nothing about Joker's personality, background, or skills that make him remotely capable in a fight, its just one of those "because otherwise Batman would wad him up into a ball and throw him in the dumpster" things.  Like how fat, out of shape Doc Ock can take a full on punch from Spider-man and keep going instead of dribbling teeth as he slumped to the ground.

Never worked with the Mentally Challanged? I’ve worked in Residential and in Workshop settings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

 

Big time martial artists are they?  Lots of combat training?

 

18 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Never worked with the Mentally Challanged? I’ve worked in Residential and in Workshop settings. 


    I used to work as an EMT and there’s truth to the trope about the mentally challenged being hella strong.  Maybe it’s just that they push themselves further than the rest of us do.  But it is real and they will bust you up if you’re not really careful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Yeah there's nothing about Joker's personality, background, or skills that make him remotely capable in a fight, its just one of those "because otherwise Batman would wad him up into a ball and throw him in the dumpster" things.  Like how fat, out of shape Doc Ock can take a full on punch from Spider-man and keep going instead of dribbling teeth as he slumped to the ground.

 

It would not surprise me to learn that The Joker has trained himself in a number of fighting techniques, because of how experienced Batman is as a fighter.  Of course, he's nowhere in Batman's league as a fighter, so he makes up for it by cheating.

 

spacer.png

"CHEATING?!  It's 'changing the conditions of the test!'  Aren't you a Star Trek fan, Batsy?"

 

Generally, people who have underestimated The Joker have come to regret it--especially after the poison works its way through their body and the smile starts to spread across their face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...