Character Information for Storn-drawn Characters

grandmastergm

Hello everyone,

Right now I'm working on a convention game that will feature a group of starting superheroes (400 points in 6e, 75 complication).  All are based in Metro City, a campaign city created by the late DJ Webb.  The twist is that all need to be characters drawn by Storn Cook.  Please post character information of any character you created that Storn Cook drew.

As many people are aware on the boards Storn did over 100 commissions for me. It is not going to be possible for me to post that many details.

I know that some of the old posters who do not post here anymore like Supreme had commissions that were done by Storn. The specific example was of an American Indian woman with wings reminiscent of Dawnstar of the Legion of Superheroes. This was one of the images that got me interested in getting a commission.

Enermatrix was a character I had drawn by Storn.

I had changed Enermatrix's origin story when I started playing her in pen and paper superhero games

Natasha Cunoştinţescu-Kirlova
Born from parents that emigrated from Russia, both scientists that found themselves without work when capitalism took over in USSR.

They moved to Windsor, where they gained employment and taught at the University of Windsor. They were cut down by a supervillain attacking during a field trip in the city.  Natasha Kirlova became a ward of the state.

At age 18, she attended the University of Windsor with a full scholarship, but before her graduation, she was abducted. Subjected to a mutagenic compound, she found herself generating electrical energy and placed into a crystalline cylinder to be used as a human battery by the evil villain.

Having been freed, she seeks to use her newfound gift to help others while she tries to go on with her life.

That's the very basics.

image.png.a87d42825708810c7c4684ee50568f0e.png

On 4/18/2020 at 3:24 PM, death tribble said:

As many people are aware on the boards Storn did over 100 commissions for me. It is not going to be possible for me to post that many details.

I know that some of the old posters who do not post here anymore like Supreme had commissions that were done by Storn. The specific example was of an American Indian woman with wings reminiscent of Dawnstar of the Legion of Superheroes. This was one of the images that got me interested in getting a commission.

Yeah, I know.  I'll take whatever you got, please!  

My first character is Speedball:

Marco Salerno was the original Speedball around San Jose and the Silicon Valley, running a firm that made advanced high-tech machine tools after he retired as an independent superhero.  His nephew Steve was a junior sysadmin just out of college, hired by his uncle after graduating from Stanford in Software Engineering.

Supervillains from Marco's past finally discovered the original Speedball's secret identity and attacked MarcoTech one afternoon.  They succeeded in inflicting mortal damage on Marco, which resulted in him transferring his speed-based powers to his nephew as he was dying from his wounds.  In spite of not comprehending what his uncle gave him while he was dying, Steve defeated the supervillains.

As the attack was taking place, representatives from SavCo were present negotiating the purchase of equipment in which they were interested.  The lead representative was their CEO, Wayne 'Huntsman' Savage.  He observed the transfer of speed force energy from uncle to nephew during the battle, and what happened afterwards.  The next night, Wayne called Steve and offered SavCo's support to his potential superheroic career.  This support included a protective suit which offered some protection from both attacks and atmospheric friction.

Speedball.jpg

Speedball.hdc

My second character is Torque:

Works for SavCo in the Metro City campaign as a mid-level project manager in secret identity.

He built his suit to amplify his latent mutant powers of telekinesis.

As Torque, Edward is a vocal and prominent mutant rights advocate.  He believes that mutants should use their powers to protect modern civilization from those who would wish to destroy it.

Torque.jpg

Torque.hdc

On 4/20/2020 at 2:29 AM, segerge said:

My second character is Torque:

Works for SavCo in the Metro City campaign as a mid-level project manager in secret identity.

He built his suit to amplify his latent mutant powers of telekinesis.

As Torque, Edward is a vocal and prominent mutant rights advocate.  He believes that mutants should use their powers to protect modern civilization from those who would wish to destroy it.

Torque.jpg

Torque.hdc 277.94 kB · 1 download

Awesome! Did you play with DJ Webb?

1 minute ago, grandmastergm said:

Awesome! Did you play with DJ Webb?

Never had the privilege.

Confession time here: I spent more time working up a believable background for Speedball than with Torque.  I'm now going to have to remedy that and flesh him out more... :)

On 4/20/2020 at 2:07 AM, segerge said:

As the attack was taking place, representatives from SavCo were present negotiating the purchase of equipment in which they were interested.  The lead representative was their CEO, Wayne 'Huntsman' Savage.  He observed the transfer of speed force energy from uncle to nephew during the battle, and what happened afterwards.  The next night, Wayne called Steve and offered SavCo's support to his potential superheroic career.  This support included a protective suit which offered some protection from both attacks and atmospheric friction.

Huntsman is actually a NPC mentioned in Dave's campaign along with SaveCo.  What source material did he get it from?

3rd, actually. Coatlicue was updated for 4th in an Adventurer's Club adventure, The Nightmare Before Christmas, which saw the Protectors freed (offscreen) of the Skull Pendant - and Santa Claus and his entire 'organization' (down to the Reindeer) as its new victims. I also believe that Scott Heine updated some of the protectors on his 'H-Files'... website? (it's been over 2 decades and at least 5 computers since I've seen it...)

This is a bit backwards, but the OP said that I should still post it. Instead of this being a commission for a char that I created, this is a char that I created based on this commission that Storn did for someone else. When he posted it to his thread, he said it was for an R.T. I do not know who that is. When I saw the pic I knew that she had to be a char of mine one day. So, she ‘sat’ in a folder on my computer until the day she would come to life.

That day finally came. It’s somewhat ironic that the game was also based on The Protectors (from To Serve and Protect). I was looking to join a HERO Central game that Hermit was running: New Protectors Rising. The Protectors were running auditions for new members. There were no spots in the game left, but I went ahead and created the char as if I would be in the game. I tied her into the game world and the Protector’s history that Hermit was using.

Luck for me, winterhawk (another poster here) decided to run a spin-off game based on Hermit’s Protectors game. It was called Protectors: Renegade Edition. Artemis was alive.

I used this event, from Hermit’s game’s timeline, as the basis for her background.

February, 1989

Little Orphan Hostages - A terrorist group takes a local orphanage over and begins to make demands of the city. As the terrorist group is heavily armed AND employing at least two super-powered mercs, the city turns to the Protectors for help. One child, a brave one who decided not to sit on the sidelines when the protectors were seen, ended up getting injured, but no other children were harmed, and the injured child was adopted soon after by person or persons unrevealed.

Caitlyn Rose is the orphan hostage that gets involved. Once the Protectors arrive, she helps younger kids move out of the line of fire and hide. Huntsman dodges gunfire and Caitlyn is hit, taking her sight. HM feels responsible and gets her adopted by a research employee at SavCo and his wife. They are Robert and Jennifer Mathis. He is a high-level engineer/designer on the "Sonic Sight" project that repairs her vision. It is based on Doc Sonic’s research. She continues to train in MA and the bow; when she's old enough and the Protectors start recruiting, she steps up to join.

NOTES: The part of Caitlyn is played by Cobie Smulders. There are slight colors changes to the image to match the Huntsman color scheme. These were done by another poster, Log-Man. Thanks Logan.

Artemis_HD ver.jpg

cobie-smulders5.jpg

Artemis'_origin_vignette.doc Artemis_v1.7.hdc

On 4/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, aylwin13 said:

Background: It was the witching hour, the time of night when most people were in their beds asleep. The young woman peered down from her perch atop a downtown office building. She was dressed in a Kelly green bodysuit accented with gold wrist bracers and buckles. Her eyes were covered by a silver cloth sash tied around her head. Her gloves, boots, and belts matched the mask, as did the pouches on her left arm and thigh. Her left hand held a longbow, and on her right hip sat a dual-tiered quiver containing a large number of green-feathered arrows.

A thick fog had rolled in off the bay and hidden the city from sight. The woman shouldn’t have been able to see the edge of the rooftop she knelt on, let alone the two men skulking about the roof of the bank across the street. Neither the fog nor the mask over her eyes hampered her vision. To her the men were as visible as if they'd been standing next to her in broad daylight. The gentlemen (and she used the term loosely) on said rooftop had no business being there. As she stood up her fingers flickered across the fletching on the arrows at her side.

Without looking, she chose one and drew it from the quiver. A short length of cable with a clip hung from a spool just behind the electronic head. She clipped the cable around the steel railing next to her and then nocked the arrow. She drew back the bow and sighted on a section of wall on the bank rooftop. She took a breath and held it a moment. As she slowly released it she let the arrow fly.

Silently, the arrow shot towards the bank. She smiled as it struck the wall, hitting exactly the spot she'd aimed for. At the instant of impact the sonic adhesion unit in the head activated, adhering the shaft to the surface as if it had actually penetrated it. The spool automatically took in the slack in the cable. The woman gave the cable a tug. It was tight and secure. She clipped the cable through a small pulley on her bow and grabbed the weapon's ends. Holding the bow over her head she stepped off the roof. She wasn't worried about the cable holding her, since the equipment had been tested to support 500 lbs. for over 5 minutes.

She zipped across the empty space between the buildings, and the bank quickly grew in front of her. For a moment her thoughts wandered. How did I ever get to this point in my life... to be doing something like this?

She'd never known her birth parents. Her father was a complete cipher, and her mother had been a Jane Doe in her late-20's to mid-30's, apparently injured in a traffic accident. The injuries were indicative of massive physical trauma, but there had been no serious accidents reported the night she'd been brought to Bay City General. Late in the evening of Jan. 17, 1984, she was carried into the ER by a mysterious man who didn't wait around, and upon whose description no one could agree. He walked in, told the nurse that the woman had been in a car crash and was pregnant. In the commotion to get working on her, the man simply vanished.

The doctors couldn't save the woman, but did manage to save her baby. Jane regained consciousness once, as the baby cried for the first time. She whispered, 'Caitlyn Rose', and then passed away. No one knew what it meant, but the nurse holding the baby gave the child that name. Later she was sent to the Bay City Orphanage.

The next five years were uneventful for Caitlyn. However, in Feb. 1989 the orphanage was taken over by terrorists who held the employees and children hostage. When the Protectors arrived, Caitlyn used the diversion to help move other children to a safer location. She had made half a dozen trips before a terrorist spotted her returning. He was preparing to grab her when Huntsman appeared around a corner. The terrorist fired and Huntsman dodged. A ricochet struck Caitlyn in the head, doing damage to her optic nerves and taking away her sight.

Huntsman admired the young girl's heroic actions, but felt entirely responsible for what had happened to her. As Wayne Savage owner of SavCo, he vowed to do everything he could for the little girl. He first arranged for her to be adopted by Robert and Jennifer Mathis. Robert was a high-level engineer and designer on the "Sonic Sight" project at SavCo. He and his wife had been attempting to have a child for many years, and had finally decided to adopt. Savage pulled a string or two and the adoption was arranged.

The second part of Huntsman's plan was to have Caitlyn educated and trained to live and survive in a sightless world. He hired conventional teachers for the day to day things. He also used his superhero connections. Caitlyn trained with Ace, getting to know all of the Protectors. A martial artist acquaintance of Ace's taught Caitlyn archery. She took to it very quickly.

Caitlyn continued her schooling and her other training. By the summer of 1996 she was functioning as well as a sighted person. That was when Huntsman gave her a huge surprise. Caitlyn knew that he and her father had been working on a huge project for a number of years. Neither one would tell her anything about it, other than that it was based on Doc Sonic's work. Now it was time for them to reveal what they'd been doing.

They took her to the SavCo labs. The project was called Sonic Sight. It used nano-technology to replicate, and immensely improve upon, a bat's sonar abilities. Not only could it "see" shapes, but it could pick up as much detail as the normal human eye. It could also "see" through most materials, although sound-proofing materials and white noise blocked it completely. One improvement was that it could "see" in a 360 degree arc. Another was that it increased the effective range of sight, much like a telescope. An added bonus was that it could see in the dark as well as most saw in daylight.

She was told that all the testing had been completed, and that she was to be the first recipient of the finished device. The procedure was performed and in a matter of days Caitlyn could see again - even better than before the injury. It was this event that pointed her on her career path. She was going to go into Acoustical/Sonic Engineering, and follow in her father's footsteps. Who knew what other wonders could be done with sound?

That October Wayne Savage retired as Huntsman, to focus on his family and his business. Although she was still too young, Caitlyn knew that the Protectors would always need a hunter in their ranks. She planned on being that member. She continued her training with Savage and Ace and in Sept. 2002 enrolled at Bay City University.

In Jan. 2005 Caitlyn was a junior and working on a Major in Acoustical/Sonic Science & Engineering, just as she'd planned years before. That was also when the Telios/Skyline incident occurred. To protect their young protege, the Protectors vetoed Caitlyn's request to be made a junior member. Ace convinced her to continue her education and training. There would be a "right time" for her to join the team.

During her senior year at BCU, Caitlyn interned at SavCo. In June of 2006 she graduated with a BS in Acoustical/Sonic Science & Engineering. She decided to continue her education and work on an MS. In Feb. 2007, at Savage's recommendation, she relocated to Newark, NJ. There she joined Brainstorm's team, then called Justice Storm, for further training. Now she needed a codename. Huntswoman would never work, but after a bit of research she decided on Artemis - the Hellenic goddess of (among other things): the hunt, childbirth, virginity, and the protector of young girls. It honored her mentor, and other aspects of her life. It was perfect.

Once settled, she enrolled in the Newark College of Engineering at New Jersey Institute of Technology. She began working on her Masters the following September. Caitlyn completed her Masters and graduated in June 2010. She was now employed as a research engineer at SavCo - East, and still a member of The Storm. Life was going very well.

In Dec. 2010 Caitlyn saw the news stories regarding the Protectors holding a membership drive. When she didn't receive an invitation she was devastated. It had been her dream to be the new Huntsman, but she understood the reasons. She was already on a team, and had a job on the other side of the continent. It was then that she realized how much she missed Bay City, her parents, and her other 'family', the Protectors.

After speaking to Brainstorm and arranging a transfer to SavCo - West, she resigned from The Storm and returned to the Bay area. She found herself a house that was central to work and her parents, but still close to the areas of the city that she would patrol as Artemis.

Artemis regained focus as she slowly returned from her reverie. She silently landed on the bank roof. She quickly unclipped her bow from the cable and pressed a stud on the arrowhead, disconnecting it from the wall. Without looking, she returned the shaft to its proper position in the quiver. She scanned the area around her. With her sonic vision, she "saw" the two thieves. They were on the opposite side of the brick enclosure that protected the stairwell egress. She was screened from their sight by the same structure.

With the speed and agility of a cat, the Jade Archer sprinted towards the enclosure. Her footfalls made no sound in the thick fog. She deftly drew two arrows from the quiver as she approached the enclosure, holding them between the fingers of her right hand. She didn't slow down at all as she arrived at the wall. Instead, using the palms of her hands to avoid striking her bow or the arrows on the bricks, she vaulted over the roof of the enclosure. She somersaulted and twisted so as to be facing the thieves' backs when she landed. In midair, she set both arrows to the string of her bow.

She cleared both the men by at least five feet and stuck the landing. In one swift motion, she brought up the bow, drew back, and let the twin shafts fly. They didn't have far to go and almost as soon as they cleared the bow their actual purpose became apparent.

Personality: Caitlyn Rose is a down to earth, focused woman. Once she sets her mind on a goal, she'll stick to it until she accomplishes it. She is outgoing and extremely loyal to those she calls friends.

She has strong motivations in her careers as both a research engineer and an adventurer. They all stem from her encounter with Huntsman and the Protectors at the orphanage. She works at SavCo looking for other ways to use the sonic technology to improve people's lives as it did hers. As Artemis, she uses her abilities and training to help others by cleaning up the streets of Bay City.

Quote: "I'm sure you'll get my point."

Powers/Tactics: Caitlyn is a baseline human, with her only "power" as superhuman accuracy. She is an Olympic-level athlete. All of her abilities are derived from years of training and her equipment. The bow and specially engineered arrows allow for many different tactics in combat. The Sonic Sight technology implanted by SavCo give her superhuman vision. Although a highly skilled karate expert, her primary combat tactics are to stand off and use her various arrows to provide support for teammates and distractions for the opponents.

Appearance: Caitlyn Rose Mathis is an attractive, young woman in her early 30s. She is tall and slender, but athletically built. She stands 5'9" tall and weighs 138 lbs. She has long, dark brown hair and grey-blue eyes. She normally dresses in current European fashions.

Her costume consists of a Kelly green bodysuit accented with gold wrist bracers and buckles. Her eyes are covered by a silver cloth sash tied around her head. Her gloves, boots, and belts match the ‘mask’, as do the pouches on her left arm and thigh. She uses a longbow, and on her right hip she wears a dual-tiered quiver containing a large number of green-feathered arrows.

What I can do quickly is give you a breakdown year by year of the commissions I had from Storn

Here we have 2004

The Medusa was the first. Basically a beautiful woman with multi-coloured snakes for hair, one of the strands is longer and could be a black mamba. She has glasses to block petrification. And she uses magic. She became the Gorgon Euryale.

Ringmistress. This was inspired by circuses on TV in the 70s specifically Billy Smart circus. The ring mistress has a red jacket, top hat, a microphone and a whip

Leopardess. This is a cat woman and she has corn row hair. I knew of no antro leopard characters and none with corn row hair.

Britannia. Based on the model Vanessa Upton who has actually seen the picture and signed a copy. Britannia is a brick and Wonder Woman type. The boots were geared to allow running and as a antidote to high heels. The arms and legs were protected to stop disabling injuries.

Poley Bear. This is a Polar Bear with a machine gun. Also wears clothes. He drinks and smokes and is well groomed

Cyanide. This was part of the concept to art contest that I ran for a number of years. Crackerjack, or crackerjacker,, won with his idea of a walking figure who had shifting force fields which were poisonous.

Infinity. This is one of the most powerful paranormals in the world. Descended from families who were at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, she is a mutant with radiation powers. She has the Infinity symbol on her costume and an atomic explosion in it.

Mini Destroyer. Based off a quip from Hermit this is Dr Destroyer done as Mini Me from Austin Powers.

Robot Nun. A robot wearing a nun's habit. That is what the oicture looks like. Actually a nun turned into a mockery by a powerful paranormal.

Capricorn. This is a member of the Zodiac and is based off pictures of Austrians dressed up as Krampus.

The Demoness. This is the first of the Protectors heroes I had done. She had a magic VPP. She was a member of the Hospitallier Order. Outside of the VPP she was immune to HKAs, could teleport and could do AP energy blasts. Her soul was part demonic following a soul merge.

Iron Geisha. Japanese character in green kimino with 'iron' HKA gloves. Geisha make up. But the air is not the full  look.

The Flame. My first character and you already have details on this.

Alu-Demon. Xena the warrior princess with small horns in the forehead, large bat wings and red skin.

Here are 2005's

Evil Perky Blonde. This is what you would now call fan service. A brick in a revealing costume. Hi-school senior on the brink of suicide suddenly tuned evil by a ray that was meant to hit someone else. Will not kill people as a result of the transformation but is bad so will break parking laws, rob banks etc.

Dr Snail. Criminal mastermind. British as he has a bowler between antenna. Metal shell has a howitzer on the top. The shell has radar, radio, jets, machine guns and grenade launchers. One of the commissions that made my reputation here.

Drow female. This was Superdrow attempt 1. Now used as a generic Dark Elf.

Vengeance. This came from the Protectors campaign. Superhero assassin. Has a red V on the costume. Weaponmaster. Leaves a red V calling card. Child of two powerful mutants. Their first born.

Halftrack. This was one of Worldmaker's characters and the only one of a group that he did not have. He had a tank chassis as the bottom and man up top.

Magician. Third of the Protectors to be done. Used in Mutants and Masterminds book version 2 I believe.

Silver Swallow. Flying Chinese character who can fly higher the longer her hair is. Simple costume design.

Sadhana. 2nd of the Concept to Art winners. This was a Buddhist Nun.

Liberty Helle. Cross the Statue of Liberty with a demon and this is what you get. She has a hammer and operates in Philadelphia. A pun on Liberty Bell. Supposedly a woman changed into a demon during a magic fight. Actually a demon trying to get redemption.

Here are 2006

Stratospheric. This is a battlesuit built for high altitude work

Pterra Don. Part dinosaur bird, part mafia head. Has a pistol and a suit.

Cardinal. Made because there are lots of demons and devils but few angels/priest characters. The Vatican' secret weapon

Battle Angel. Made for the same reason as the Cardinal. Dull golden armour, magic spear and white wings. Has a burning halo.

Kill Shot. Evil archer with compound bow. Built as the evil version of the Protector Sureshot. Has less trick arrows than Hawkeye or Green Arrow and is more like Green Arrow around the period of the Longbow Hunters graphic novels.

Malaysian crime lord. Blue skin and wears a sarong.

Unicorn. Brick member of the Protectors. Has a horn in his forehead and has yellow skin.

Captain Communist. Former member of the Presidential Bodyguard. Flying brick.

Ironskull. This is a Viper nest leader analogue. Battlesuit with lots of metal.

Astronaut. This is the first military battlesuit that worked and is based on the Apollo astronaut design. Member of the Presidential bodyguard.

Judge. Based off th look of a British high court judge. So red costume and wig.

Glacier. An ice brick. 3rd winner of the Concept to Art thread.

Nightmare. This is an enemy of the Protectors who had a Presence Drain damage shield. major level energy blast. Sold her soul to the Devil for power.

Scales. This is a dragon who does martial arts. It does not have wings and wears a simple martial arts uniform. 

Here are 2007's

A Vampire with machine guns. Female vampire with twin AK47s. Has a beauty spot on one cheek.

A Purple Worm in a trench coat and fedora. Based on the original 1st edition AD+D picture. So it is 50 feet long

Swansong. This is based off the idea that a swan sings a song before it dies. This is the weaponised version. A song that kills the listener. Normally a human with swan owers would die after singing. This one does not.

Personal Foul. Evil American football player. A tackle so a brick.

Fantomas. Based off the evil French mastermind from books and films. Mask and top hat and dressed as a gentleman.

Pharoah. Mastermind. Head of an Egyptian based organisation that venerates the old gods. She is the daughter of Ra and thus has heat powers. Looks like Gillian Anderson.

Beholder with machine guns. You have already seen this and worked on it.

United States Marine Corpse. A revenant in marine uniform circa Vietnam. Uses an AK47 as it was more reliable than a M16 was in that war.

Shotgun. Winner of a competition on the M+M site. Flung earth around like a shotgun blast.

Star. 4th winner of the concept to art thread. This was Pattern Ghost's idea. Black costume with white star on chest.

MechaGrond. Grond done like MechaGodzilla. As wit6h Mini Destroyer I sought and got permission to have the design.

Eisenherren. German WW2 woman. Carries a Schmeisser machine pistol and wears Iron Cross.

Navarone. Humanoid shape with gun ports an looks like a base being run by small figures.

Lioness. Most lion characters are based off the male lion and not the lioness so this is the basis of the figure.

Bast. Martial arts and burglar who works for the Pharoah.

The Blood Red King. There was not a full picture of the character in the Gstalt book so I asked for one. Characteristics are in the Gestalts book.

The Bone White Queen. A companion piece to the Blood Red King. Is not included in the Gestalt book.

Here are 2008's

To celebrate 50 payments to Storn I asked if he would mind doing his own martial artist character Crusader which he did.

Elric did me a favour so I commissioned a piece for him. This was a female werewolf cop.

Aquatic Evil Incarnate. Green brick water dwelling villain.

Electralite. Storn did a version of the Protector character which I felt was too cheesecake so I got another one from another artist at another time.

Geneticist. Female Chinese scientist who works for Dr Destroyer.

Necromancer. Based off the 3rd edition Wizard splatbooks and the normal necromancer character rather than the Evil Undead version.

Snowstorm. Based off one of the first Protector's villains. A cold elemental is the best description. 

Moonlight Shadow. Martial artist has black bodysuit with a crescent moon on it. Has a Wild West bandit mask. This is another Protector character.

FrankenEinstein. The self made genius. Einstein as Frankenstein's monster

Kenya. This was the concept winner for the year. A non US flag bearer. This was a battlesuit in Kenya's colours.

Half Skull. Based off the Teen Titans character Phantasm and has the top half of the skull.

Blackstone did me a favour so I commissioned his character Chimera.

Anti Pope. A cleric in a green costume replaced as Anti Pope by another artist's version

Myrlyn did a favour so I asked Storn to do his character Jabberwock. Winged flyer

Cham. guy with large tongue. Mad staring eyes.

The Evil Flying Head. Based off an evil cloud like creature in Noggin the Nog. It is just a giant sized evil flying head

Mr Brains. Based off a Brain Golem (from the Mind Flayer's books in D+D). Has a suit

Yokozuna. Japanese brick in sumo outfit

Red Star. Russian WW2 soldier with period machine gun.

Dr Pisces. Think Mysterio from Spiderman with a goldfish in the bowl

Here are 2009's

Joan of Arc. French patriotic hero. Also another faith based.

Winterwolf. Another Protector's villain. He is Russian, has martial artist ability and claws.

Mindstorm. Mentalist Protector. Changed to another artist later on.

Goth. looks a little like the dead girl in Revenge of the Living Dead III but no spikes. Also no stockings.

Chemical Giant. Indian woman who is a giant and has chemical powers. Comes from Bhopal.

Captain Gorilla of the Star Patrol. Based off Adam Strange.

Dr Density. Again this was changed for another artist work. Changed to a villain piece

Speedbump. Speedster who is accident prone. I believe this is Michael Hopcroft's character and came 2nd or third in the Concept thread.

Evil Cheerleader. What it says on the tin

Here are 2010's

Battle Nun. Nun armed with modern weaponry. Works for the Anti Pope. based off WH40K

An Owlbear. Just like the AD+D creature

Turtle suit. This is an armed vehicle for a dwarf. Based off the Star Wars ATAT

Sagittarius. This was done for Haven Walkur and is based on the nuckelavee.

Pyroclasm. A being of smoke and fire from a volcano.

The Voidwalker. Thor like member of the Protectors

Superdrow. Redone version

Acylla. South American patriot. Winner of the concept thread.

Crossword. Ordered for Log Man. Like a trench coat pulp character but has crossword on the coat.

Revised backstory for Artemis:

ARTEMIS (Cailtyn Rose Mathis)

Created by John Sampson

Background/History:  An orphan who grew up in the foster care system in Metro City, Caitlyn was injured when a war erupted in her neighborhood between the Italian mafia and Chinese tongs.  Her family’s home was under the protection of the mafia, so a tong soldier threw a grenade into it.  Caitlyn managed to push her foster brother to safety when the grenade went off, showering her with fragments.  Some of the fragments struck her in the head, doing damage to her eyes, optic nerves and taking away her sight.

The Protectors arrived, put a stop to the gang war, and brought her to a hospital.  Huntsman (aka Wayne Savage) vowed to do everything he could for the little girl. He arranged for her to be adopted by a loving couple: the Mathis family (Robert and Jennifer).  Robert was a high-level engineer and a designer on the “Sonic Sight” project at Savage’s company ORWELL Industries.  Her benefactor also paid for her schooling and approved for her foster father to use her as a candidate for the Sonic Sight program.  The experimental therapy and drugs that she took managed to replicate a bat’s sonar abilities, but even improve upon it by allowing her to pick up as much detail as if she could see, perceive through non-soundproof materials and to see in a 360 degree arc. It also enhanced her hearing as well.

Caitlyn took up archery as a sport, finding that she had a natural talent for it.  Plus her new super-hearing and sonar ability made her even better than her extensive training would allow.  Although she had decent enough grades to go to college, Caitlyn decided instead to go into the workforce as a fitness trainer and instructor.  She kept in touch with her old benefactor, who offered her a job at his company.  She turned him down and proposed a counter-offer: that he would train her as his protégé.  Impressed at her audacity, Wayne Savage trained her to become a superhero.  She decided to take on the name of Artemis, after the Greek goddess of archery, and began patrolling the streets.  The Huntsman accepted that she would take his place on the new Protectors team.

Personality: Caitlyn Rose is a down to earth, focused woman. Once she sets her mind on a goal, she'll stick to it until she accomplishes it. She is outgoing and extremely loyal to those she calls friends.  She has more of a vigilante mentality compared to other heroes due to her rough childhood, but knows when to restrain herself.

Powers/Tactics: Artemis prefers to start off the fight by either blinding/deafening foes or entangling them; then switching to other arrow attacks when appropriate.

Appearance: Caitlyn Rose Mathis is an attractive, young woman in her early 30s. She is tall and slender, but athletically built. She stands 5'9" tall and weighs 138 lbs. She has long, dark brown hair and grey-blue eyes. She normally dresses in current Californian fashions.

Her costume consists of a Kelly green bodysuit accented with gold wrist bracers and buckles. Her eyes are covered by a silver cloth sash tied around her head. Her gloves, boots, and belts match the ‘mask’, as do the pouches on her left arm and thigh. She uses a longbow, and on her right hip she wears a dual-tiered quiver containing a large number of green-feathered arrows.