Character Information for Storn-drawn Characters

grandmastergm

Here are 2011's

American Rex. This was from a thread asking for votes on what trope the forum would most like to see. Monster as hero won. It was over a year before I had a concrete idea.  A human sized Tyrannosaurus Rex with costume and cape. A running brick

Deep Sea Diver. Has the helmet and suit of a diver you would see from the late 19th Century to the mid 50s.

Doctor Dark. Part of the trope voting thread. This was the Mastermind. A dark energy projector and gadgeteer.

Bulette Train. Mixing the AD+D character or monster and the Japanese Bullet Train.

Ogre Mage. The Japanese Oni but wears a suit and has a cell phone and Japanese polearm.

Green Slime. As per the AD+D monster but sentient.

Dirk Centipede. Man sized centipede with a gun. Also a speech impediment.

Roundhead. Based off Cromwell's troops in the English Civil War

Arachneida. This was picture 100 and was a major picture. The hero member of the Protectors was done by another artist in normal pose later.

Flying Agent. This came from the trope voting thread and was of an agent with an elaborate backpack.

Smilodon. Humanoid based off the Sabre toothed cat.

Type V Demon has variety of weapons including modern and is casting magic.

Evil Wonder Woman type. Pair of skulls at chest level. Has absurd level of luck to avoid hurting victims.

Colour. Based off the Crazy Quilt Batman character. White costume with colour rings circling parts of the anatomy

Tiamat. This was a 2nd chance from past editions of the Cincept to Art thread and is a mastermind. One of Enforcer84's characters.

Nightraven. Protector hero. Based off the Vulturion suits that came from The Vulture, enemy of Spiderman.

Thunderchild. Flying energy projector based off a rejected X-Men Storm costume. Another Protector enemy.

Ardel Teg. Concept winner from this year

Boa. Protector hero. Snake based. Came from Cobra. Had flight, energy bl;ast and strength. 

Now 2012's

A Mind Flayer barber called Skip Patrese. He shaves peoples heads and then eats their brains.

Samurai. Has the armour and banner of a Samurai.

American Moriarty. Masked mastermind who is a facsimile of Sherlock Holmes enemy Moriarty.

Evil Whale. Based off a baleen whale.

Skyshark. Vehicle like a Kittyhawk fighter with teeth on the cowling

Witchdoctor. Commission for the Arc. An African Dr Doom.

Supersuit. Armour wearing member of the Protectors. Basically Iron Man's armour but not the money.

Skin Devil. Based off the Creature Collection character.Someone who has had their skin removed

Showgirl. A showgirl which was too cheesey.

Beautiful female martial artist. This came from the trope thread. She is Korean and wears a dress favoured in the East.

Humanoid Badger. Because no-one had done one before.

Leopard Seal. Humanoid Leopard and member of a Seal team. Another bad pun

Bollywood Dancer. Inspired by the Indian film Ra One.

Eskimo Knell. Man wearing Eskimo gear and has a sonic rifle.

Cowboy werewolf with six arms and Wild West guns

Shambling Mound. Based on the AD+D creature.

Spaniard. Based off a Spaniard in El;izabethan times an The Flashing Blade serial.

Mechanus. Metal man who looks like it has been riveted together.

Moth Man. Based off the original Killer Moth costume.

Ripped Purple Hunk. Based off the character Rulke from the View from the Mirror series by Ian Irvine. A brick

British Bulldog. Second campaign hero.. Brick and patriot..

Here are 2013's.

Decathlete. Weapons based on athletic equipment. a 12 months, 12 characters picture.

Martial Artist. Elvis impersonater and martial artist. a 12 months, 12 characters picture.

Aqua Armour. This was 2012's concept winner. A head floating in water inside an armour shell. My idea.

Spellcaster. Part of a project to do certain tropes. a 12 months, 12 characters picture.

Stewardess. In Virgin Atlantic costume.

Gun Man with Space 1999 type blasters

Gem Faced woman. Gems implanted in the face and body of a woman. Arms like T2 Terminator.

Hippochondria. Brick a 12 months, 12 characters picture.

Zebra. Concept to Art thread 2013 winner. The Arc's character.

4 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

Revised backstory for Artemis:

ARTEMIS (Cailtyn Rose Mathis)

Created by John Sampson

Background/History:  An orphan who grew up in the foster care system in Metro City, Caitlyn was injured when a war erupted in her neighborhood between the Russian and Chinese gangs.  Her family’s home was under the protection of the Russian gang, so the other gang’s soldiers threw a grenade into it.  Caitlyn managed to push her foster brother to safety when the grenade went off, showering her with fragments.  Some of the fragments struck her in the head, doing damage to her eyes, optic nerves and taking away her sight.

The Protectors arrived, put a stop to the gang war, and brought her to a hospital.  Huntsman (aka Wayne Savage) vowed to do everything he could for the little girl. He arranged for her to be adopted by a loving couple: the Mathis family (Robert and Jennifer).  Robert was a high-level engineer and a designer on the “Sonic Sight” project at Savage’s company ORWELL Industries.  Her benefactor also paid for her schooling and approved for her foster father to use her as a candidate for the Sonic Sight program.  The experimental therapy and drugs that she took managed to replicate a bat’s sonar abilities, but even improve upon it by allowing her to pick up as much detail as if she could see, perceive through non-soundproof materials and to see in a 360 degree arc. It also enhanced her hearing as well.

Caitlyn took up archery as a sport, finding that she had a natural talent for it.  Plus her new super-hearing and sonar ability made her even better than her extensive training would allow.  Although she had decent enough grades to go to college, Caitlyn decided instead to go into the workforce as a fitness trainer and instructor.  She kept in touch with her old benefactor, who offered her a job at his company.  She turned him down and proposed a counter-offer: that he would train her as his protégé.  Impressed at her audacity, Wayne Savage trained her to become a superhero.  She decided to take on the name of Artemis, after the Greek goddess of archery, and began patrolling the streets.  The Huntsman accepted that she would take his place on the new Protectors team.

Personality: Caitlyn Rose is a down to earth, focused woman. Once she sets her mind on a goal, she'll stick to it until she accomplishes it. She is outgoing and extremely loyal to those she calls friends.  She has more of a vigilante mentality compared to other heroes due to her rough childhood, but knows when to restrain herself.

Powers/Tactics: Artemis prefers to start off the fight by either blinding/deafening foes or entangling them; then switching to other arrow attacks when appropriate.

Appearance: Caitlyn Rose Mathis is an attractive, young woman in her early 30s. She is tall and slender, but athletically built. She stands 5'9" tall and weighs 138 lbs. She has long, dark brown hair and grey-blue eyes. She normally dresses in current Californian fashions.

Her costume consists of a Kelly green bodysuit accented with gold wrist bracers and buckles. Her eyes are covered by a silver cloth sash tied around her head. Her gloves, boots, and belts match the ‘mask’, as do the pouches on her left arm and thigh. She uses a longbow, and on her right hip she wears a dual-tiered quiver containing a large number of green-feathered arrows.

It's kind of cool to see one's name after a 'Created by'.  :)

As for the b/g revision, I like it. I recognize the story, but there are enough changes to make her a different person. I especially like her having the chutzpah to basically tell Savage that she was going to be his successor. Nice.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:20 PM, cptpatriot said:

Enermatrix was a character I had drawn by Storn.

I had changed Enermatrix's origin story when I started playing her in pen and paper superhero games

Wow, seeing the 3d version of her is really cool.  

Here is Hope.  She is the daughter of my longest running hero, Vector and her mom is Oracle, from Champions of the North.  Her grandfather, Ultraman is a superman clone and her grandmother, Lady White, is a light based character.  Her dad disappeared after a massive alien invasion and Hope grew up on Mars which was being terraformed by Vector leading up to the invasion.  

It was really, really cool to play this optimistic, legacy kid... very different than her intense, weight of worlds on his shoulders, father.  Her powers grab a bit from all of her relatives, except for her father's telekinesis ability... just because I played Vector for 25 years and I didn't want to play a teke again.  

Hope is part of the New Pioneers, a group that has come together in the efforts to rebuild the home planet.  The blue sleeve represents her birth planet, her red, Mars and the white is an ode to her grandmother, Lady White.  

This Photo was uploaded by Storn. | Superhero art

Hope.pdf

1 hour ago, Storn said:

Here is Hope.  She is the daughter of my longest running hero, Vector and her mom is Oracle, from Champions of the North.  Her grandfather, Ultraman is a superman clone and her grandmother, Lady White, is a light based character.  Her dad disappeared after a massive alien invasion and Hope grew up on Mars which was being terraformed by Vector leading up to the invasion.  

It was really, really cool to play this optimistic, legacy kid... very different than her intense, weight of worlds on his shoulders, father.  Her powers grab a bit from all of her relatives, except for her father's telekinesis ability... just because I played Vector for 25 years and I didn't want to play a teke again.  

Hope is part of the New Pioneers, a group that has come together in the efforts to rebuild the home planet.  The blue sleeve represents her birth planet, her red, Mars and the white is an ode to her grandmother, Lady White.  

Hope.pdf 107.52 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you Storn!  I'll work on revising her for Michael Satran's Tsunami and David Webb's All That Glitters Is Gold campaign.  Do you have any other character information?

What's Hope's real name? Like First Name and Last Name?

3 minutes ago, grandmastergm said:

Do you have backstory, personality, power/tactics, and appearance?

And thank you for posting her- she will be a playable character!

I think her personality & appearance is well depicted in her pic.  And as for power/tactics, I let anyone who wants to play her to come up with their own.  She is a light, flying brick.  But she is spread out, jack of all trades, master of none.  

On 5/1/2020 at 11:20 AM, Storn said:

Hope.pdf 107.52 kB · 8 downloads

She seems awesome, Storn. I was looking at the sheet. Does the RDU campaign often use so many Complications? 

Tonight's project was a combat-based analysis of my design for Speedball, originally presented two weeks ago.  The Hero Designer file attached to this post contains my optimizations to his design based on this analysis.

The most important changes to the initial design were to

1. Make his Super-Running and 'Speedster Tricks' multipower the same size since they shared a Unified Power

2. Adding LS; Extreme Heat to the suit given him by SavCo in anticipation of him eventually being able to run at supersonic speeds

3. Boosting REC and STUN to make him last a little longer on combat

Edited by segerge
A better explanation for his "Wiseguy" Complication...

29 minutes ago, segerge said:

Tonight's project was a combat-based analysis of my design for Speedball, originally presented two weeks ago.  The Hero Designer file attached to this post contains my optimizations to his design based on this analysis.

The most important changes to the initial design were to

1. Make his Super-Running and 'Speedster Tricks' multipower the same size since they shared a Unified Power

2. Adding LS; Extreme Heat to the suit given him by SavCo in anticipation of him eventually being able to run at supersonic speeds

3. Boosting REC and STUN to make him last a little longer on combat

Unfortunately it didn't post.  Please email him to me.