World Creation Superdraft 4: May 2020

51 minutes ago, Sociotard said:

Yes. Distant relatives. 

My draft is inspired by the lengthy elf variants in rpgs. Blood elves, sea elves, and so forth

Fair enough. It is unusual to select a race as a domain. But then again, Lolth has Spiders as a domain so.....

High Elves from Primary domain and Cave Elves are the sentient race pick.

I had them, I had them! The basket in my jaws, the sacred fruits in the basket! Haha! They said it couldn't be done, but I did it.

"Someone has stolen the fruits forbidden!"

It was me! I had stolen the fruits forbidden! I confess, I was not sure what they were forbidden for! All I knew was they LOOKED and smelled delicious and, well, when someone says 'forbidden' I just get curious mmm? Who says? What deity? And maybe they need a lesson in stinginess?

I sat the basket down on a small branch of this wonderful tree and bite into one. Oh, it was delicious, a touch tart, but soooo juicy. 

"It is Fox! He partakes of the sacred yet forbidden fruit which were to guard!" One of the guards had found me and now was explaining 'Every' little detail. You must understand, it was still a very young world, and people back then were new to speaking and had a tendency to SELF NARRATE VERY LOUDLY. Clearly they were still impressed with themselves to the point of foolishness.

Fortunately, I never got into the habit of such myself. Well, hardly ever.

"FOX, return what you have stolen" the huge guard warned! "Or God or not, we shall grab you by your tail and take it from you, and I am bigger than you!"

He was, at this point, bigger than me. I could grow to be a giant. I am a god after all, but I was a young god then, besides, why would I want to? I fit fine on this branch, so nimble and light was I.

"Oh, very well," I lamented, "Come and take it." 

The guards lumbered out onto the limb, it strained, and strained further as they came out one by one trying to reach. Then, grabbing the basket handle in my mouth, I leapt up to the next higher branch with prize in hand. The guards, weighted down by size and weapons, gave a great yell as suddenly the branch below them shook and they all fell down down down to the base where no one returns from. Or so stories go.

I laughed!

Well, that loosed my mouth's grip on the basket. The lower branch, which had bent nearly to breaking, now found itself free of weight, and snapped up, lancing the bottom of the basket with a particularly sharp twig! 

The Sacred Fruits sprayed Juice , while other fruits more intact bounced and flew out to the edges of the world to break at one level or another. This created rains and streams of the sacred juice that embedded itself into the very world.

Yeah, so THAT happened.

"Oh well," I told myself, "Too much of it probably would have tasted too sour anyway."  But I spied on the results.

Below, people of all sorts drank water infused with the juice, or had the juice rain down upon them, and a lucky few got bonked on the head. Rivlets ran into caves and towns and more... folks breathed some of it in like mists.

"Wait, we don't HAVE to spread evil" One woman said surprised, "We can choose not to."

"What's that?" The male said head whipping about

"I said the rain is spreading level" she smiled, "Just like it ought to."

Ooo smooth, I thought.

Others were realizing that just because they were of THIS or that people, or this or that god might have made them, they didn't HAVE to serve that god . Or they could perhaps choose to do a half assed job of it.

Oh! So that's why some others were hiding this away, well well, if I was going to get in trouble, I might as well at least get some credit, "Peoples of the world" I announced. "I, Fox, have brought you the gift of Free Will, choice, and independence!"

One fellow, I forget his race but let's call him Bob, yelled "Then I defy the gods and all they stand for!"

He was, of course, immediately smote. Holy fire from one of my peers I think. It was a long time ago and I forget exactly how Bob was smote. Lots of variations in Smiting.

I added, "There might still be consequence. But you may choose to face the consequences! You're welcome!" 

There were cheers from almost everyone ,except for an irksome few I learned later were called philosophers, who instead got into some headspining debates that seemed to undercut my contribution. I found out most of the other gods didn't like them either and cursed them so that their academic degrees would never bring prosperity.

And that, dear ones, is how people of any kind can make up their own minds, do what they want, and live with the choices and how I, Fox, became God of Independence!

Secondary Domain: Freewill, Free Choice, and Independence

little-fox.gif

And yes, I realize this could also be a 'gift to civilization' but it suited better as a domain as it's pretty much a given in every superdraft anyway

Important Announcement !

The Percentile Dice have spoken and a bonus choice will be awarded to the person who makes a specific numbered choice. What number is that I hear you ask ?

I'm not telling but I cannot get the choice although my selections count towards the total.

And the one clue you do have is that we are nowhere near the number rolled yet. 

1 hour ago, Psybolt said:

Secondary Domain #2:  Justice

Tasha changes back from Amor to her domain of justice, creating the image of ... Mithra

6 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Sniped!

There's just no justice in the world.

Well not if the God of Evil has anything to do with it..........

Steam hisses, lava flows, and smoke rises from untamed fire. Such chaos in the new world.

But with the passage of time, the fires die down and the air clears. Steam condenses to form flowing water and cools to for brilliant crystals of ice and snow. Lava slows and stabilizes, its great heat spent in the formation of rocks and minerals of a hundred types. 

Cold shapes the reckless forces of creation and leaves organized matter in its wake.

Secondary Domain #2: Order

The elves are so extraordinarily long lived that they have no real fear of death. There should be a people that understand death and respect it. Sentient race: Humans. They don't live nearly so long, but to compensate they breed at a tremendous rate. Their short lives make them appreciate their limited times on this world. They are uncannily resourceful and inventive, making the most of their time. 

10 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

The elves are so extraordinarily long lived that they have no real fear of death. There should be a people that understand death and respect it. Sentient race: Humans. They don't live nearly so long, but to compensate they breed at a tremendous rate. Their short lives make them appreciate their limited times on this world. They are uncannily resourceful and inventive, making the most of their time. 

"Why, hello there" -Trickster God

12 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

1 minute ago, Hermit said:

"Why, hello there" -Trickster God

"If he offers you an apple, politely but firmly decline." -Lord of Logic, Reason, and Order

Thank you Eternus! I'd been hoping humans would be drafted at some juncture.

Interference: Half Elves

The name is an utter misnomer. Elves are not compatible with humans. At no point did half-elves have any human ancestry. In the words of Steve Long, "A human may seduce a human, but a human and an elf can only be good friends."

The truth is a bit trickier.

Half-elves do resemble humans much more closely. They have normal human lifespans. They are lithe, but they are only as tall as humans, and they have plantigrade feet. They don't wear antlers, their eyes are only a bit large, and their ears are in a very human location and only a bit pointed. They still don't have breasts, but some elves wear prosthetics, just to fit in. (They look more or less like classic movie elves) Half-elves always settle near humans, or even among them. While they do keep at least some offerings to Eternus for creating the humans, they work very hard to assimilate into whatever humans they live near. They adopt their religions, their holidays, everything.

Why do they look so much more like humans? Why settle among them? Half-elves are placental parasites. When a female half-elf is fertilized, she needs to place the egg in a human uterus, where it will grow a placenta and develop mostly like a human baby would. This is generally done with paid surrogates. The more-human appearance of the half-elves, then is an example vavilovian mimicry. Half-elf traits were selected so they would fit in among humans more easily, so it would be easier to persuade them to be surrogates.

Nogrom declares a secondary domain.  Many already perceive Us as a force for Evil.  They will feel affirmed in that belief when they see this one.

... Mathematics.

(Yeah, I did this a few years back.  Hey, it's fun.  Especially in the context of ... future plans.)

People fear the unknown, that is their nature. But Eternus is not to be feared. He has no bias, he has no agenda. His desire is to spread the good death, a noble stand for some, blessed relief for others. Whichever the life involved has led to. A curse to some, a blessing to others. But no man may take another's life without its due. Murder is a despised act for Eternus. Murderers are to be punished. With no afterlife, there must be another way. The worst beings are cursed with unlife, a state neither alive nor dead, to bear out their remaining existence in monstrous rotting shells as befits their lives, hunted and feared by all living races. When an undead is discovered, know that it is meeting out its judgment, and learn from its example. Call them ghouls or zombies, they are the Undead. (Flora or Fauna pick if that qualifies)