World Creation Superdraft 4: May 2020

2 hours ago, Lucius said:

I withdraw my secondary domain choice

New choice: Interference.

The Dream Precedes.

Nothing lasting or important comes to pass but it is first dreamed of. If a mortal could but recall all his dreams, he would find all that befalls him to be foreshadowed. But mortals seldom recall their dreams past waking, and what they do recall is usually couched in obscure symbolism. Thus the Augers of the Goddess Divine are kept busy at dream interpretation, one of their main duties.

Gods have both better recall of dreams, and better insight into them, but they too often forget or even sometimes misunderstand the portents that come to them in dreams.

Lucius Alexander

Dreaming of a palindromedary

Sounds like there is just more mortals preying to my Goddess.  How better to spread the word of goodness.

Some wonder what the exact nature of the relationship between Shayol and Tasha actually is .

It has been said that Shayol was Tasha's father. Or that Tasha was Shayol's mother.

It has also been suggested that Shayol and Tasha were once lovers. Or that Shayol is female and Tasha male.

It has also been suggested that Shayol and Tasha were both once mortal and ascended to godhood.

Neither god comments on this,

What is certain is that Shayol is evil and Tasha is good.

Nogrom, God of Prosperity, Wealth. and Worldly Goods, proclaims Our Gift to Civilization.

In some cosms, desire for gold is without question the principal motive that leads mortals to evil.  Outward display of wealth, to show one's self and one's family as richer, and therefore "better", than one's neighbors, is a poisonous vanity, and a manifestation of hatred of all others: truly a sickness of the soul.  For well We know that there is more to one's worth in the world than material goods, and to be a generous and loved person is a virtue beyond any amount of gold.  Indeed, in some cosms it is said, the love of money is the root of all evil; and in those cosms this is purest truth.

Therefore, We create and give into this world something to remind mortals that prosperity is internal, not merely ostentation of gaudy possessions; that wealth is best reflected in generosity, and that the whole community is impoverished when one family, or one person, controls all the goods.  There are cosms in which it is said, truthfully if perhaps allegorically, that too much gold causes sickness.  And so Our Gift into the world is that this statement is literally true.

When a person, or members of a person's family, enjoys wealth in excess at the expense of impoverishing others, and revels in the want this creates in those they despise, then Gold Sickness will manifest.  The touch of money and precious things becomes painful, repellent, and unsettling: this is the first symptom.  If that warning is insufficient, the sickness advances. The things that a person has enjoyed in life lose their savor: delicacies taste wrong, no rest is found in the luxurious bed, the warm scented bath stings the skin, the fine wine induces quick nausea.  One's teeth loosen and will eventually fall out. One's ability to enjoy fleshly pleasures of sex vanishes, leaving only frustration and rejection.  One's nails (or claws, or hooves, etc.) become discolored and deformed and lose their capacity to perform the functions those structures have.  Open stinging sores form and will not heal.  One's body develops a foul odor, one not purely due to the creeping onset of incontinence, which at first is smelled only by one's own self, but grows and intensifies so that no creature can abide one's presence.  And eventually one's speech becomes unintelligible, so that love cannot be expressed, orders cannot be given, requests cannot be made, and in final extremity, one becomes nothing more than a loathesome beast in a person's form.  Even soulless summonings and mindless constructs will cease to function at the commands or manipulations of one deep in the grip of Gold Sickness.

Gold Sickness will not befall those who prudently build reserves against accident, foreseen or otherwise; nor will it befall those who marshal the funds for a community and guides it toward greater prosperity and health for all.  The generous in spirit, who take no more than their fair share and those rewards they have truly earned, will not be afflicted, so long as they accrue wealth for their community and indeed the whole world.  Nor is the onset of the Sickness sudden and irreversible: a thoughtful person may notice when their favorites lose their savor, and repent of their greed and self-centeredness.  Then acts of true repentance can undo the sickness and restore the joy in life: recognizing that one needs less than what one might want; by performing charity towards those one despises most; nurturing the poor and the infirm, especially the young; and ending one's depredations against other people, against the wilderness, and the world itself.  A vow of poverty is one route toward recovery, but insufficient in itself without true repentance and recovery of generous thinking, for meanness of spirit lies at the core of Gold Sickness, and until one strives to have a life with, rather than at the cost of, one's neighbors, then the Sickness will not abate.

This is Our Gift: that prosperity is something to cause joy, not jealousy; that wealth is not a weapon for oppressing other folk; and that worldly goods are not the only measure of a person's worth.

Just so there is one. 

The underside of the Helix emits light and heat, illuminating and warming the lands and seas on the topside. The emanation rises and falls over twenty-four hours, giving the peoples of the world dawn, dusk, mid-day, and night.  The light is of a warm, golden hue, and when it fades, the ceiling can be seen as being a deep, deep blue. At night, there is still light -- there are shining stars embedded in the ceiling, enormous crystals that stores a portion of the day's light.

19 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Fauna: Daoine Beaga (The Wee Folk)

Captain Salathon didn't mind Mercenary work. It was aboveground, certainly, but it was still more pleasant than banditry. And as mercenary work went, "provide security" was very nice; most of the time there wasn't even a threat to secure against. So near as he could tell, these university types just needed a little reassurance out of their offices. And, hey, he'd never had occasion to visit the Integral Tree before. That was worthwhile.

Even so, he just didn't get these men were after. "So you're just here for wee folk?"

"Well yes. The university is an outgrowth of the temple of Volcanis, you know. We exult him by studying all of nature. And today that is the Daoine Beaga."

Ugh, what was with academics and stupid formal names for things. Nobody called them Daoine Beaga. Little people? Wee Folk? He'd heard peaceable neighbors once. Nobody used the formal name. Except these guys.

"So? They're pests. I'm pretty sure I've seen 'em in every city I've been to. Every environment. They even got a little bit into the caves back home, just in the entrance. Why come all  the way out here?"

"Oh, precisely because we have studied the ones in cities! Those are close and easy. No, we're here because there are number of outstanding questions about the populations here. We'll start off with some population counts by species, and go on from there. Myself, I'm curious about what fungi they use to incubate their young on the tree itself. What laymen call 'fairy circles'."

Salathon's whiskers picked up the beats of a passing Wee folk. It came close enough he could feel the electrical hum of it's flight muscles. He'd heard sighted folk say they wings were 'beautiful, so delicate and diaphanous, and such iridescent spectacles.' He'd have to take their word for it. Ah well, it was easy work.

It is a common misconception that elves, including high elves, descended from the Wee Folk. It is more accurate to say that both elves and the Wee Folk descended from a common ancestor. As the name suggests, these creatures have roughly the same variety in body mass as the common housecat. I say 'creatures' because the Wee Folk are not a sentient species. They do have a high intelligence as beasts go, comparable to a kea, and have been observed using basic tools. Their "antlers" are much more flexible, and they use them mainly for camouflage (attaching masses of whatever plants are local). Their wide eyes and chubby cheeks give them a neotenous appearance, possibly selected for because hunters are less likely to shoot at wee that looks like a cute baby. 

They do not have the gyroscope in their back, but rather have a pair of diaphanous wings sprouting from the same spot. These have an iridescent coloration that varies by species.

The wee folk are excellent vocalization mimics. ("Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.") More disconcertingly, they have some ability to get the sounds they make from the memories of creatures they see. So, if they are trying to get rid of a predator, they might replicate the sound of something the predator is afraid of. The same attempt on a sophont might lead the wee folk to make words in the voice of a drunk father the person had painful memories of. There is no indication they actually understand what they are saying.

Their mimicry is helped by their long tongues, which they also use to both retrieve nectar from flowers and insects from holes. The Wee Folk are omnivores, and have a diverse diet, and as such have adapted to a variety of climates all over the world. They even thrive in cities! Some people think they are cute and leave out little feeders with cream, honey, and bread crust, then brag to their weefolkwatcher club they saw a rare northern yellowthroat. Some people think they are nuisances that raid their gardens, garbage cans, and keys. (Like many insectivorous animals, the wee folk are fond of shiny things. Sometimes they hoard them.)

The wee folk use a sound based magic attack for defense. The target hears a sort of irresistible music and perceives themselves to be dancing forever with no sense for the passage of time. In reality, it just paralyzes the target. (Usually this is only a temporary condition. Coma is a very rare side effect.) Most sentient species can easily resist the effect, unless they have an issue that might limit their willpower (young children, the senescent, the inebriated, people suffering extreme emotional episodes, and so forth). The wee folk sometimes use this to tranquilize dairy animals to steal their milk. (Again, sometimes a nuisance.) Some alchemists channel this attack and concentrate it into a powder called "fairy dust" that stupid young people use to go on a trip.

Wee folk also create harmless glowing lights in the air (called fairy fire), to distract predators or to interact with each other. (Again, sometimes cute.)

A group of the wee folk is called a court.

The Wee folk have a symbiotic relationship with some kinds of fungi. Their eggs are protected and fed by mycelium underground, while the wee folk deposit nutrients around the "fairy circle".

As a nonsentient animal, people can tame one for a pet or familiar. You can even hunt them and eat them and it doesn't count as murder.

The Fair Star is fond of these creatures, but he respects that not everyone agrees. He placed an instinct deep in them, so they are repelled by reciting scripture to any other god.

Sniped sort of. I was going to put in squirrels. I have to think about it now

CES

I think I have one more secondary domain left to pick. I think I am going to pick volcanism. Sometimes pieces of the world break off and drop down on a lower ring to expand the look. Sometimes a tidal wave happens. People put this down to the world spinning and plates hitting each other at the wrong time.

Otherwise it would mean the God of the land, Oceans, and Weather, and Volcanos was wiping out portions of people and monsters he didn't like

CES   

On 5/7/2020 at 12:35 AM, Old Man said:

With growing fascination, Inscissivus discovered that cutting not only created new things, it taught him more about the things he cut.  

If he cut an elf this way, it would die, but if he cut it like that, it might not.  

Inscissivus gained insight, and so gave insight to the world. So insight was gained, and so it had a cost.

And it was grievous to be bourn.

The Fair Star shone upon his elves, and how the fell blades of Inscissivus fell close to their very souls. In mercy, he cast an interdiction. He could not stop Inscissivus from cutting through their souls, for none may stay the blades of Inscissivus, but he did give the souls of sentient life instant regeneration. A soul could be split, yes, but only by pouring in enough energy to immediately return the piece in the body whole, and at the cost of the other piece lasting only a day.

So the protection was given, and so it had a consequence.

And it could not have been anticipated.

As the mortals gained insight, they learned from the cuts. And they learned to put the soul fragments into temporary bodies. These souls, which disintegrated after one day, became the servants and chattel of the mortals.

Gift to Civilization: House Elves

Inspired wholly by "Kiln People", by David Brin. Yes, the parthenogenic cave elves were inspired by one of his books too. Sorry.

House elves are constructs, not really living things. They are created in a ritual, transforming a mass of dough into an elf shaped construct, only 1.5 meters tall (elf shaped, except they never have antlers). The construct has a copy of the mind of the ritual caster as of the time the ritual was cast, with a helpful amount of instinct for operating the differently shaped body. All sophonts can create house elves, though the end result looks the same unless the caster springs for an add-on. They have the casters name etched on their forehead, and the ritual doesn't work unless the name is the truth.

Restrictions The ritual comes with a few elements intended to prevent the house elves from ever becoming a problem. These are buried deep within the ritual itself, and cannot be avoided with any modifications or add-ons.

• House Elves only 'live' 24 hours. That is a hard and fast rule. Those hours can be stretched with assorted freezing/thawing spells. For example, a doctor may install a frozen copy of himself in a clients home. Just break the glass in case of an emergency!
  • House elves have a compunction to tell the truth. Some people learn to 'speak around the truth', so the words they speak are true, but intentionally misleading. This takes practice and skill.
  • House elves have a severely dampened fight/flight instinct. They don't panic, and they're much less likely to fly into a rage. Remember, you are liable for any violence or other crimes committed by your construct!
  • House elves need to take care handling iron. It shorts out the magic holding the construct together, causing it to rapidly fall apart.

Add-Ons One of the most popular add-ons for house elves is a mnemonic phylactery. It records memories and improved skills gained by the construct, which can be later 'uploaded' by the creator. In some areas, these are legally required for any construct, and can be accessed by law enforcement with a warrant.

Other possibilities include extreme strength (generally to lift heavy loads or pull plows), or unusual body shapes. That could include being shaped and sized to more closely approximate another species, or an extreme one that let it interface with specialty tools (imagine a carriage driven by a house elve with a piston instead of legs, and he just cycles it to drive an axle going to the wheels). The base model house elf is equiped with basic inate skills. Even if the creator hasn't ever walked, for example, a house elf with a copy of his mind will know how to get around. However, extreme modifications may require the caster to develop skills to operate.

NEVER TRY TO PASS OFF A HOUSE ELF AS NOT. Every civilization has restrictions against disguises or other any modification intended to decieve people into thinking a construct was not such. For example, they are generally not allowed clothing in public, except for some livery or uniforms associated with house elves.

Red Caps Early developers speculated on burying restrictions for house elves to never harm sophonts to come to harm, or by inaction to come to harm. This never caught on. It was hard to figure out, and military investment was too lucrative. Today, some armies do field militarized house elves, traditionally marked with a red beret. 

Legal Status House elves do have free will; they have a copy of their makers mind and soul after all. Some people don't bother making them, because if they aren't interested in doing chores themselves, neither would any house elves they create. You can destroy a disobedient construct if you want (they don't have rights), but that doesn't really help get chores done. You can send a house elf into dangerous conditions with no remorse. They are aware when they take damage, but the sensation is much more abstract than pain.

House elves are property. They do not have rights. It's just hard to give legal recognition to something that only lives a day. If you destroy one, that is property damage, not murder.

Recycling The dough is completely recyclable, although the ritual itself has some consumable components.

43 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

Just so there is one. 

The underside of the Helix emits light and heat, illuminating and warming the lands and seas on the topside. The emanation rises and falls over twenty-four hours, giving the peoples of the world dawn, dusk, mid-day, and night.  The light is of a warm, golden hue, and when it fades, the ceiling can be seen as being a deep, deep blue. At night, there is still light -- there are shining stars embedded in the ceiling, enormous crystals that stores a portion of the day's light.

... So the world is a rotating helical disco light show....

EDIT: the typo of omitting the "a" in "rotating" -- as I did the time around -- is overly pejorative, even for me. :straight:

And Shayol looked at the world and thought that there was not enough evil in it. And so he decided to find something to plague the world and irritate or upset the other gods and their creations.

Killer plants ? No

A fungus that ate flesh ? No

It would need to be something that could live in any terrain. At any temperature. That could survive and thrive in even the most challenging of conditions. And everyone thought it evil.

So it needed to be alive, a creature rather than a plant.

And thus i was that Shayol, God of Evil created The Cockroach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockroach

If one cockroach is killed, two more shall take its's place..... Hail Shayol !

Honestly, it wasn't my fault.
No really.

Okay, perhaps I should have thought it through.

I was drinking from the river of good looking reflection. I am sure others, who did not look so dashing as I, called it something else. Regardless, it was smooth and reflective and refreshing and I drank from it minding my own business-
no really. For once I wasn't bothering anyone.

When an odd figure showed up. It was a House Elf. Now, perhaps it didn't realize that she too had a reflection.But there she was, nude, bold as brass, attempting to pull some hairs from my tail. I thought of whirling and biting her in half. Then I realized, she was a redhead! Well, in fact, she fairly resembled the color of my coat at the time.

So instead, I faked a sneeze, and grow to the size taller than the tallest horse, raised my tail up so she could not reach, and pinned her with my back paw.

"Shouldn't you be cleaning up someone's chamber pots or the like?" I looked back at her as I glanced down. She was a comely enough creation, and the name of her creator was on her brow. It seemed familiar.

"Are you going to destroy me?" She asked in a voice filled with curiosity. 

"I might," I said, "That troubles you?" 

"It should not, and yet, it does," She admitted. "So this is fear? Why does it intrigue?"

I explained to the creature, "Because it means you feel alive, there is excitement in danger. You are a house elf and not used to passions rising, but I am a god, and we are terrific, and therefore terrifying. You're welcome" I added. "Now, you don't have to tell me who sent you, I can see the name of the priestess on your brow, but why did she send you to steal hairs from my tail?"

"It was thought that once a part, always a part, and by taking a part of you, she might be able to bend you to her deity's will," the House Elf explained.

I sighed, "No one reads my stories, like they should. I am a god of Independence... Book of Fox? Act 3?"

The House elf blinked stupidly.

"Nevermind," I sighed, "Well, I can't let this insult pass. Interesting though, you are your own person, and doomed to die shortly, yet now you are scared to die. Would you go on if you could?" 

"I would" She admitted, "I would be free, and have my own soul but I don't even have my own name, and I will die soon. Is it wrong that I want to live?"

"I imagine not, but you'd have to ask Eternus for details. He says he is not to be feared, but he says it in this creepy whispery way so... well, good grief, talk about counter productive. I declined dying myself. My most profound sympathies for your doomed state, or if you prefer the vulgar: sucks to be you."

"I wouldn't mind dying," she said, "If only I got to live, for myself, and , maybe a bit longer?"

I stared at the downed construct, "Are you actually expecting me to help you with this after admitting to trying to help your mistress bind me?"

"At this state, what have I got to lose?" She asked with intense pragmatism.

Well, I laughed at that, then said "Here is what you will need. Cover yourself in the mud of this river, nice and thick, go steal the egg of a weefolk. Careful, they're guarded. Take the egg, and mix it with the blood of your creator..."

"How do I get the blood of my creator?" She asked.

"Ingredients, gathering, something something... new life," I said, "Miracles are poetry not a grocer's list. Improvisation and inspiration will be involved" Frankly, I rather hoped the little one would kill her creator.

Oh don't act surprised. I'm a god. Only the nicest of us of us would balk at wanting death to teach a would be god slaver a lesson and set an example.

Actually, I take that back, death is much nicer than somethings gods can think of.

"What else?" She asked.

"Find ye the footprint of one of the undead, and there, break open the egg, mix the blood in it and clearing the mud from your brow, write a new name. And the name is..." I whispered to her the name that was akin to mine, yet not mine. Some would say the word's I told her meant 'The Echo of Fox's Laughter' and I have to confess, that's the story I like so I'm going with it.

"I only have a few hours left!" she gasped "to do all this!"

"I know, miracles are like that," I informed her, "You're going to go on a heroic journey, risk your life three times, and by the end of it, people will say 'glorious are the ways of Fox'. "

I was pretty sure she was going to die actually, but she had surprised me, and that was worth a chance. Besides, the comedy that could arise from this was worth the slim chance. A human's House elf mixing Wee Folk Egg batter, their creator's blood, mud from a magic river, and the footprint of an udead? Who knew what THAT would do really? 

A lot of times when a god tells you do this and trust, the unspoken corollary is 'and let's see what sticks'.

I let her go, and she went to coat herself in mud, and from there, do all the rest.

About a century minus thirteen years later, I came upon the a branch off that very same river, and found a village joined with a great wood with tall trees...and not one of any people I had seen before! They had wings that seemed like a cross between autumn leaves and butterflies, they varied in size from anywhere just under four feet to just under five feet tall. Wings aside, they were mammalian, like miniature humans. There were dozens  in view. And I suspected for each I saw in this wooded village, there were many more. 

They had hair of shades of red, gold, copper and, well some had white or gray. And matching their hair, each one had a tail, a fox tail.

Suddenly some of the prayers I had gotten made perfect sense. And at the center of it all, there was a fountain, and there she was, well, there her statue was! Larger than she ever was in life, but with a stone fox tail, wings, just like the people of this village.

But hers wasn't the only statue, there were three more. Another woman, and two men. And writing on the fountain said "Our founders!"

She had found other House Elves and passed the ritual on. And once she had enough, they had bred true and had formed a whole new folk.They were playful, pranking and seemed more than a little vain.

Not sure where they got that vanity from but the rest ? The rest fit.

I had given her new life, and she had shared it, and WHOOPSIDOODLE... New Civilization.
I eyed the fox tails on each of them. Somehow I didn't think I'd avoid the blame for this one.

I would name this new species, but they already had.named themselves.

The Reynardi.

Sentient Life: The Reynardi! 

il_570xN.251266623.jpg

15 minutes ago, Sociotard said:

*glee* Someone read my overlong posts detailing elf variations!

And naming them after Reynard the Fox was a nice touch. Did you know that was why the Disney version of Robin Hood was a fox? 

Glad you like. I think it took some guts to become a 'Race God' like we see in so many RPGs . 

And yes I did. One of my favorite Robin Hood movies

Few more details ...

yes, the Reynardi can fly

They are rumored to be skilled at illusion magics, but this could be just that, rumor.

They live about 40 years total. Pregnancies last about 4 months. They hit full maturity in 6 to 7 years. They age remarkably well though despite their short life span. They don't really feel the negative effects of old age until their last year or two of life. Despite being short lived compared to others, they consider every day past the first one a gift to be enjoyed!

They are humanoid (Despite Fox tail and wings etc)

How do beings below get in touch with the gods when prayer fails? The Infinite Staircase will take one to the home of the gods atop its zenith. Beginning at the base of the world helix and extending beyond the top, the Staircase is a monument to eternity and to the gods above. This impossible structure is easy to access but impassable to all but the most dedicated athletes. Others try the trek to see the gods in earnest. The truth of the staircase is that the gods watch those dedicated to ascending and decide whether or not they deserve an audience. Some gain entrance, but most give up and go home. Some even die. Every year a marathon is held to find the greatest climbers. Those that make it forty miles up the staircase are acclaimed as Heroes of the Stair, even without gaining entrance to the home of the gods. Flight is not allowed on the staircase, nor is it even possible. 

Geography: The Infinite Staircase

Here is the current list of choices. Please check. I am having formatting difficulties with it but otherwise it should be ok

image.jpeg.2fc14418abce3537365af21b38838802.jpeg

WORLD CREATION SUPERDRAFT 4

OUR WORLD CREATORS THIS YEAR ARE . . .

Cancer God Nogram God of Money

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. Gold Sickness

• Ore. 

• Interference.   

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. 

• Secondary Domain. Mathematics

• Secondary Domain . 

• Secondary Domain: .

Csyphrett, God Volcanis, God of Nature

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization: 

• Flora. 

• Interference: The Integral Tree that binds all together

• Secondary Domain. Weather

• Secondary Domain. Oceans

• Secondary Domain. Volcanism

Death Tribble, God Shayol God of Evil

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life: The Loyahs

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Flora/Fauna: Cockroach

• Interference: 

• Secondary Domain. Female of the Species

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain. 

Hermit, God Fox God of Trickery

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. The Reynardi

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. 

• Interference. 

• Secondary Domain. Free will, Free Choice and Independence

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain: 

L Marcus God Liminus, God of Boundaries

• Geography. Shape of the World

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. The Nation State

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. 

• Interference: 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian: 

• Secondary Domain: Time

• Secondary Domain / Option: Daylight Cycle

• Secondary Domain / Option. 

Log God Eternus, God of Death

• Geography. The Infinite Staircase

• Sentient Life. Humans

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Fauna: The Undead

• Interference:  

• Secondary Domain.  Memory

• Secondary Domain: 

Lucius God Andrea Goddess of Dreams

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. 

• Interference: .The Dream precedes

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain: 

Old Man  God Inscissivus God of Cutting

• Geography. .

• Sentient Life: 

• Gift to Civilization.Names

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore. 

• Interference. 

• Secondary Domain . Difference

• Secondary Domain:  Insight

• Secondary Domain: Destruction

Pariah, God Kylvn God of Cold

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Flora: 

• Interference. 

• Secondary Domain. Logic and Reason

• Secondary Domain. Order

• Secondary Domain Silence

Psybolt, God Tasha Goddess of Goodl

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. 

• Gift to Civilization. 

• Flora. 

• Interference. 

• Mythic Monster or Guardian. Flying unicorn

• Secondary Domain. Love/Passion

• Secondary Domain. Justice

• Secondary Domain.Auger 

Sociotard, God The Fair Star God of Elves

• Geography. 

• Sentient Life. Cave Elves

• Gift to Civilization. House Elves

• Fauna/Flora. Wee Folk

• Interference. Half Elves

• Secondary Domain. 

• Secondary Domain: 

• Secondary Domain: 

=================================================================

• ---, God/dess of ---!

• Geography.

• Sentient Life.

• Gift to Civilization.

• Flora, Fauna, or Ore.

• Interference.        

Shayol looked at Elves and the Humans and felt disgusted. This is what Gods come up with ?

He looked at the Reynardi and sneered. Pitiful !

He needed a race that could create havoc and be despised by all. But that would mean offending the other gods. Shayol smiled maliciously and began an epic quest.

He stole tears from Tasha, hair from Fox’s tail, some of the Elves, some of the humans, some of Andrea’s bad dreams, reason from Kylvn, destruction from Inscissivus, breath from Nogram, boundaries from Liminus and the weather from Volcanis. How he obtained all of these is the third great legend of Shayol but it is what he did with them that all would be concerned with.

Shayol bred from the humans and Elves and merged what he stole into a new race. The God of Evil found that Elves lived too long but did not breed enough whereas humans were not as hardy although they bred and lived long enough. The new race would need to be like the cockroach they would be able to live anywhere so they needed to survive the weather and they would know no boundaries. They would live for destruction but would be able to reason what their enemies would do to fight them or survive. They would also be something like a bad dream to all.

Eventually he unleashed them much to the dismay and anger of his fellow gods.

Sentient Race: The Loyahs