Second Annual Supervillain Awards

Tech

Some years ago, I ran a Champions episode called, "The First Annual Supervillain Awards". Various categories for supervillains were mentioned with Foxbat being the MC. I even had a little commercial for it to show for the players. Heroes attended it undercover as supervillains. I don't remember everything but during a break, the heroes suddenly revelated themselves & announced the villains were under arrest. The supervillains thought it was a wide-scale attack and most fled, only a few staying to attack the heroes.

This weekend, although it's long overdue, I'm going to run "The Second Annual Supervillain Awards"!

With Foxbat being the MC again, the categories for the supervillains will be:

1) Best Master Plot

2) Best Escape

3) Best Supervillain Costume

4) Most Interesting Thefts

5) Best Quotes

I'd make more but if things go anything like last time, things may not make it past #4 before the heroes do something.  :)

43 minutes ago, Sketchpad said:

Fantastic idea, @Tech! What other villains do you commonly use? Is it played for laughs, or does it try to be serious?

It's played for laughs. The villains showing up there would not be antisocial or psychopathic; they'd be more down-to-earth villains. The villains in the categories are referenced from other GMs (we have 4 GMs total) as well as mine. About 65% of the villains I use are my own created ones.

I thought I'd show my notes for the opening of the Supervillain Awards for your amusement:

Foxbat: “Thank you, thank you. Welcome to the Second Anuual Supervillain Awards. When I first looked out at this crowd, I thought ‘What a nice group of people…’”  (There’s laughing from the supervillain crowd) “Then I thought ‘Wouldn’t it be nice if I could do something and rip everyone off!”  (There’s some clapping). Foxbat bows. “I see a lot of you have joined via the internet, what with masterplans to finish and agents to hire. I tell you, heroes don’t appreciate how much work it is to be a villain. As a matter of fact, heroes need us – without us, they wouldn’t have anything to be a hero about.” (lots of clapping)

“Actually, we’re here to award those villains who have achieved heights of glory, who have excelled at being a supervillain.” (He gestures to a screen which shows various camera views from normals and newscenes showing some funny clips of supervillains):

Clips: a) The Giant is running away from a bank with a bag of money and slips on some oil falling down b) Utility stops by a fruit market stand, quickly grabs an apple and the rest of the apples start falling off while he desperately tries to stop it c) Blackstar is talking to some police about how they can’t stop him, and unexpectedly belches  d) Foxbat is standing in front of something, looks left, then right, then is shown shaking a gumball machine, getting a free gumball e) Armadillo is facing the heroes, saying “You can’t stop me.  My plan is foolproof.  It’s… um, I forgot.”

1 hour ago, wcw43921 said:

You'll undoubtedly take this for inspiration, if you haven't already.

Sorry to digress for a moment, but with that hair style that’s how the Dwayne Johnson’s going to look if they let him star in the Doc Savage movie.

For Best Escape what about someone dressed as Dr Destroyer walking through a group of superheroes and/or the police ?

For quotes. 'Die die die ! Why couldn't you dye your uniforms pink, I find all this blue so depressing ?'

'I will surrender provided you sing Unchained Melody by the righteous Brothers'

'Why can I never be arrested by someone who is as ugly as sin ?'

6 hours ago, death tribble said:

For Best Escape what about someone dressed as Dr Destroyer walking through a group of superheroes and/or the police ?

It  might be entertaining for one of the PCs to try and infiltrate the event AS Dr. D himself. ;)