Prepping powers for Delayed Effect

I remember a rule saying that a character can only prepare one attack power at a time, but I can't find it. I'm pretty sure my memory is accurate, because I have a note in my Vancian magic system saying that non-attack spells also have to take this Limitation. Does anyone know where it is?

I'm not talking about the total number that can be prepared. I mean the number that can be prepared at one time.

Found it! It was relating to the Extra Time Limitation, not the Delayed Effect Advantage. (The magic system I'm working on requires spells to have both.)

3 hours ago, IndianaJoe3 said:

I'm not talking about the total number that can be prepared. I mean the number that can be prepared at one time.

Found it! It was relating to the Extra Time Limitation, not the Delayed Effect Advantage. (The magic system I'm working on requires spells to have both.)

Can you provide the reference where you found it?  Thanks!

Delayed Effect probably overrides that; it specifies that if you have Delayed Effect with Charges that you can prepare all of your charges at once.  

Is the Extra Time part of the preparation?  Extra Time specifies that you can't attack during the Extra Time period, but presumably once that time has passed, and the power is safely prepared, you can probably throw it at will.  

Have you considered trying Differing Modifiers?  You'd build the spell as it is cast, without the Delayed Effect modifier and without any preparation Extra Time, but with any casting time, Charges, material components Focus, etc., built in.  Use the Real Cost of that as the base cost for the preparation ability, and apply Delayed Effect here, along with the preparation Extra Time, spell book Focus if applicable, etc.  You could justify reducing the Extra Time value for preparation if you feel like it.  

4 hours ago, Amorkca said:

Can you provide the reference where you found it?  Thanks!

6e1 374-375.

3 hours ago, Chris Goodwin said:

Delayed Effect probably overrides that; it specifies that if you have Delayed Effect with Charges that you can prepare all of your charges at once.  

Is the Extra Time part of the preparation?  Extra Time specifies that you can't attack during the Extra Time period, but presumably once that time has passed, and the power is safely prepared, you can probably throw it at will.  

Have you considered trying Differing Modifiers?  You'd build the spell as it is cast, without the Delayed Effect modifier and without any preparation Extra Time, but with any casting time, Charges, material components Focus, etc., built in.  Use the Real Cost of that as the base cost for the preparation ability, and apply Delayed Effect here, along with the preparation Extra Time, spell book Focus if applicable, etc.  You could justify reducing the Extra Time value for preparation if you feel like it.  

I'm building a Vancian magic system. It uses Extra Time to simulate memorization, and Delayed Effect so memorized spells can be cast instantly. It's very OG D&D, down to wizards sucking in melee combat because their spellbook sucks up so many points.