Armor - Not vs AOE

phydaux

Been working on a Jedi, and the powers his Lightsaber gives him.  One of them is Precognitive Block, bought as Hardened Armor with the special effect that he unconsciously interposes his Lightsaber between himself and any attack, absorbing some of the damage.

While thinking it over, I decided that it shouldn't work against AOE attacks.

How much of a disadvantage is that?  1/4?  1/2?

2 hours ago, phydaux said:

Been working on a Jedi, and the powers his Lightsaber gives him.  One of them is Precognitive Block, bought as Hardened Armor with the special effect that he unconsciously interposes his Lightsaber between himself and any attack, absorbing some of the damage.

While thinking it over, I decided that it shouldn't work against AOE attacks.

How much of a disadvantage is that?  1/4?  1/2?

WAIT: Trick question, he asked how much of a disadvantage...the answer is NONE.  6th edition renamed them complications and even so you would use a limitation not a disadvantage/complication to do this....You had me sir, but I see through you now...

On 6/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, JmOz said:

I would say -1/2 in my games, but -1/4 in a star wars game (based on explosions not being that common)

Hmmm.  I agree that in a supers campaign this would be a -1/2.  I mean, nearly every hero PC and literally every villain NPC I make has some AOE.  But the "flavor" of a Star Wars campaign doesn't include AOE as much. 

Except Thermal Detonators.  Gotta have Thermal Detonators.