Help with naked advantages and RSRs

JmOz

So I am trying to build a power that will add two advantages to a gun as a super skill (6th edition)

The first advantage is armor piercing.  Long and short is it's a variant of the old Find Weakness ability

Naked AP, RSR, 0 O end

Problems

1)  I do not want to have to roll each round, so constant?

2) I want it to take a 1/2 action, first thought was Extra time but that does not seem right.  Maybe just a -1/4 custom limit

The next action I want to be able to add Penetrating (Naked Pen, RSR, 0 ENd)

1) How do you represent that they must succeed at the AP first?

On 6/3/2020 at 12:46 PM, JmOz said:

So I am trying to build a power that will add two advantages to a gun as a super skill (6th edition)

The first advantage is armor piercing.  Long and short is it's a variant of the old Find Weakness ability

Naked AP, RSR, 0 O end

Problems

1)  I do not want to have to roll each round, so constant?

2) I want it to take a 1/2 action, first thought was Extra time but that does not seem right.  Maybe just a -1/4 custom limit

The next action I want to be able to add Penetrating (Naked Pen, RSR, 0 ENd)

1) How do you represent that they must succeed at the AP first?

The sidebar on 6e1 pg 375 seems relevant. "Half phase, only to activate" might be worth -1/4 under certain circumstances. Constant should be required, and the power shuts off when you change targets (not mentioned in your description, but that's how Find Weakness worked). Having to burn a half Phase every time you switch targets and want to use the power is significant.

Linking the Penetrating aspect to the Armor Piercing aspect is nominally a -1/4 Limitation. That said, I'm not sure there's any mechanical benefit to making at attack both Armor Piercing and Penetrating. 

28 minutes ago, tombrown803 said:

yes there can be an advantage to making an attack Armor Piercing and Penetrating. It makes it more likely that you will do damage. 

They don't synergize. AP doesn't affect the amount of damage that Penetrating lets through.