New Talents thread

Thought I'd start a thread on ideas for character talents.  Here's mine:

Dilettante: the character is adept at skills in which they take a passing interest.  +1 with all skills at Familiarity level(i.e., 8-).  5 or 8 points(I can't decide)

Master Dilettante*: the character is surprisingly competent at skills in which they take a passing interest.  +3 with all skills at Familiarity level.  15 or 24 points.  

Note that, in the case of complementary skills, the bonus would only apply to one, though at GM's discretion, the bonus for Master Dilettante could be split between the skills.  

How many people take a large number of skills at 8-, tho?  

I might see 5 points for anything bought *not* tied to a characteristic...Familiarity, Proficiency, or even General (11-)...but again, how often do people bother?  And with what skills...should you really be forcing rolls?  This is feeling very nit-picking.

I don't like Master Dilettante because to me it's implicitly oxymoronic. :)  And even more rare.  

Both of these become awkward in rules concepts too, because not even a 12 point overall level applies to Familiarity...but this does?  Ehhh....

Thinking about this while assembling the enchilada stack for lunch, just slapped into the oven...

This might be OK in some genres.  But, I still question...when would this come into play, when would you be requiring rolls?  And if they're gonna be used, why isn't the person buying better rolls with the things he does a lot...at least to, say, the 10- Proficiency?  There's also the Skill Enhancers to cover quite a bit of this.

EDIT:  also realized, this isn't a talent so much as a Skill Enhancer.  Which in itself suggests a better price might be 3 points.  And along those lines...another Skill Enhancer might be Artistic.  2 points.  Cost of PS related to an artistic endeavor, and maybe also to KS's related (art history, jazz music, etc) are reduced by 1.  JOAT lowers the price of all PS's for 3, so this should be less.  

Hmmm...for a Talent...

How about Cat-footed?  Analogous to Double Jointed, but it's related to exceptional balance control.  

Taciturn...your face and body have few, if any, tells, making reading you more difficult.  Generally applies a penalty to interaction skills being attempted against you.  Probably 2 points.

I see the primary use of the proposed Dilettante talent as a boost for someone with Cramming, which effectively allows you to get better than 8- on any skill in a short time, which sort of circumvents one of the primary restrictions on Cramming.  I would consider allowing it for some characters (like a mentalist that can absorb skills), but probably not for a heroic level campaign.