My Speedster Name Ideas

ET93

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Champions Online character whose nominal backstory was being the reverse of the original Tron movie protag, a security program ejected into the material world to be out of the way. Her name was Digital Zoom. My main was Velocirapture. Of course, neither of their power sets really had much to do with speed, since CO treats superspeed as a secondary/utilty effect only related to how you get across the map, but eh. Bottlerocket wasn't nominally a speedster (though by then not moving around via the top running power felt agonizingly slow so I pretty much kept it on everyone) but the name could do as well.

More recently I've come to like the idea of using Celerity as a speedster name.

The Dash (The Fastest Girl You've Met) was a Flash-expy character (not mine) from the old Superguy mailing list. Her evil AU counterpart was Professor Backslash. Relativity Woman was also from SG, an older heroine who was more famous despite tehcnically being slower, as she could only approach arbitrarily close to lightspeed, not reach it, and suffered from time dilation effects IIRC.

Just brainstorming:
Tumbleweed
Fade
Bunny Slipper (possibly a civilian form name) (Bonnie?)
Shrike
Dart
Charger
(insert sporty car manufacturer or model here)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Supercharger (maybe the hero drives a tricked out car)

White Lightning  (not sure maybe the hero has a dependence on Moonshine? But wears a white costume to hide the fact he's covered in alcohol?)

Bullitt (Her or she really likes Steve McQueen movies?)

Ballistic (maybe the hero has anger issues?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 8:26 PM, Pattern Ghost said:

Greyhound - My Champions Online Speedster

Blue Streak - Speedster with a potty mouth (I think we have a Herophile on the boards who has a character with this name)

Barnstormer - Flying Speedster focused on Aerobatics

Faster Blaster - My father-in-law's City of Heroes character (he didn't like thinking up names :) )

I have a speed brick called Blue Streak, but that  because her costume is blue.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had a DC Heroes character named Boomer. After so many years and people's trip to the Thesaurus. I'm surprised the idea didn't come up. It was a long time ago. Maybe I got it from the video game. "Sonic Boom!"  Or I got it from TV where a dog was named Boomer. But it fits for a Speedster. 

Just dinished helping one of the kids in the youth group put the finishing touches on her speedster, Starling.  I pushed for Hummingbird as she can start out at top speed (extra inches specifically for boosting launch speed) and has a solid 12 skill levels in maneuvring while running (to offset penalties of moving super fast, obviously.)

She is not the fastest speedster this group has producws (that honor goes to Kinetica), but she could full-speed an agility course blindfolded!

• 5 weeks later...