LordQulex

Everyman Powers? (6e)

Is there any mention or recommendation in the rules for everyman powers

Let's say we're playing in a world where magic is fueled by life force, and sacrificial slaughter has measurable and repeatable results. I'm sure given enough time I can cobble together the power (aid endurance reserve requiring the killing of a creature and dice based on creature size somehow), but I'm also not entirely confident that effort would be well spent - knowing how you want it to work is more important that the active/real points if a) it costs no END and b) everyone can do it (i.e. costs no CP). 

Do any of you have any anecdotes or experience using "everyman powers" that may be useful?

All the characters (and indeed most of the NPCs) in one short-lived campaign had 4D6 Telepathy (only within caste) (only for communication).  It was to represent a kind of hive mind where it was possible for two members of the same caste to communicate with each other and exclude all those of other castes.  That worked pretty well and it is amazing how such a small power could have dramatic effects on how the game worked, how the characters interacted and how it encouraged players to produce characters from a single caste.

Doc

Most non-human races have builds with a standard set of 'Everyman powers' - mostly low-level stuff like Enhanced Senses, a point or two of armor, a small HKA, etc, but nothing that couldn't be explained with basic biology.

I had one campaign with time-traveling, dimension-hopping characters where Universal Translator was an Everyman power, but that was for the sake of convenience.  I throw this one out because I think most Everyman abilities exist for the sake of convenience so that you don't have to think about buying every little thing.  As such, unless it has some significant impact on the lives of your average Everyman, I think I would hand-wave it for the most part.  Write the build up, just to attach some numbers to it, but don't sweat it.