Probably still just me. 😜
I'm actually working on converting the rest of the creatures over and have a pretty fleshed out campaign. Just this weekend I converted over some of the scenarios to work within my own campaign. Note that I've based mine on 4e rules.
I started my players with 200 points and 35 points of complications. Seems to have worked out nicely. There's a good mix and the HERO system is absolutely perfect for Gamma World scenarios/campaigns.
Here's what I sent my players prior to starting:
"Here are the important things to remember and create your characters by:
- Be original! It's a radiated wasteland after all!
- Make several characters; combat is lethal (that being said, I'll adjust if it's getting ridiculous)
- 200 points to build with/35 points of complications
NOTE: Ensure you flesh out your character! You may be a combat god...but if you don't know poison gas from swamp gas and/or you don't know how to find water...you're SOL
- Learn the Cryptic Alliances! It may just save your life! http://gammaworld.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Cryptic_Alliance
NOTE: You may belong to a Cryptic Alliance and it will come with positives (additional gear for example) and negatives (Hunted by members of other diametric alliances)
- You may be Pure Strain Human, Engineered Human, Mutated Human, Mutated Animal, Mutated Plant, or Android
NOTE: Your choice will only affect your character points if you choose the benefits associated with that choice (i.e.; Androids can choose to take "takes no stun")
- Everyone starts with the following "Everyman/woman/plant/animal/thing" skills:
- Language: Common
- Language: <Yours> (If you play something other than Human; Wolf Howls if playing a mutated wolf for example
- Knowledge Skill: <Starting City> (To be named later)
- Knowledge Skill: <Cryptic Alliance> (If you belong to one)
- Knowledge Skill: First Aid (Very basic)
- Knowledge Skill: Firestarting (Very basic)
- Professional Skill: <Pick Your Profession>
- Transport Familiarity: Horse and Wagon for Humans
NOTE: You must buy familiarities that you want (i.e.; polearms, modern firearms, laser weapons, tracked vehicles, etc.)
- The campaign starts in a port city regardless of what your origin is; plan accordingly
NOTE: the starting city has a fairly bustling trade industry based on commercial fishing; it also has a limited power source (in this case, natural gas); it is well defended; many cryptic alliances have set up recruiting centers; there is a great deal of political intrigue; the current "city council" consists of three major players
It's up to you if you want to say that you're all graduates of the same school in the port city (the militia school for instance), or if you want to have individual starts. Let me know what you decide as a team. If you decide to start individually, then I'll schedule time with each of you towards the end of the year to walk you through your initial creation and how you came to be in the starting city.
If there are any questions please feel free to let me know."