Hi. New to the forum, brought in by the MHI game. In all my years of gaming none of the groups I have been associated with have even been remotely interested in the Hero system, so the rule set is totally foreign to me. Hoping to find out more before committing to the game.
But in the meantime, introductions.
How did you come up with your 'handle' (forum name)?
- 1upus because Lupus was taken. And no, I do not suffer from lupus. Latin for wolf
What was the first tabletop RPG you played?
- first ever RPG was D&D, basic box, which I'm sure dates me
What was the first tabletop RPG you GMed?
- in the 1980s, way before Star Wars d20, my gaming group of the day reskinned AD&D into a Star Wars RPG set around the classic trilogy. A long time ago before the prequels were even imagined by fanboys.
What are you currently playing/GMing?
- haven't GM'd for a long time due to a lack of preparation time.Current gaming revolves around John Wick's Blood & Honor. Relatively rule light and I live the collaborative fiction feel if the way the game runs.
Additional note: What brought you to the Hero System?
- as mentioned, I am a huge fan of MHI and only discovered recently there was an official RPG. Here to find out more.
I'm also a big fan of the GrimNoir stories amd am considering reskinning Champions to create a Grim Noir game.