Clarification on a Multipower FAQ item

Derek Hiemforth

Question

The rules FAQ currently has this item:

Q: If a character has allocated the reserve of his Multipower, and is then Knocked Out, does the reserve stay allocated to that slot when he awakens?

A: With most slots, the Multipower reserve won’t be allocated at all when the character awakens. If the character has allocated the reserve to a slot that works while he’s unconscious (such as Regeneration), the reserve remains allocated to that slot while he’s unconscious, and is still allocated to that slot when he awakens.

How active does a Power have to be in order to qualify as "working" while unconscious? Does it have to be something that's in active use while the character is unconscious (like Regeneration), or can it be something that's just available for use if needed while unconscious (like Damage Reduction)? Thanks! :)

1 answer to this question

That's a sufficiently nebulous matter that I'll leave it for the GM. I think in most cases, assuming a Multipower was allocated to a slot that is Persistent (like Damage Reduction), that would probably qualify -- but there are enough weird power combos out there that I'd just as soon let the GM use his common sense. ;)