Bring Out The Old!

steriaca

Have you ever reintroduced a published villian from 4thed on down into a 5th edition/6th edition game? There are many a villian I miss (othoe a lot of them can stand some improving).

For example:

1) Timemaster: As he stands now, he is a rather week master villian and 'unfocused'. While we DO have a time related villian out there (Captian Cronos), he is more lighthearted, more like The Doctor. And, well, The Doctor needs The Master. And a 'Krang the Conquer' homage is a good thing to have.

What's Wrong: Besides time, how is he difrent than other would be world conquers?

Solution: Simple...the world he wants to conquer is not OUR world. He wants to change events so that he can rule HIS time period.

2) Monopol: An intresting premis...a supervilian fanboy gone, well not good.

What's Wrong: Dosen't fit in as is.

Solution: Monopol becomes an employie of ARGENT, the head of there "Supervillian Asignment Team" (basicly, people can hier supervilians sponcered by ARGENT to do things). Monopol will not let out and out killers join the group, but the group can always count on steady employment, beinfits, and lawers to get them out of jail (or reduce the sentence is thay can't do that).

What's your choices, and how did YOU do with them?

Re: Bring Out The Old!

I've brought many a 4th edition (and even some older) villain into my 5th edition game, and when I start running a 6th edition campaign, I intend to do the same. My players have developed a love-hate relationship with many villains (they love to hate them) and I like to keep such animosity going.

One standby is Destruction Company from High Tech Enemies, though I've made modifications a few times to keep things fresh. For instance, in one campaign I started out with Live Wire not being a mostly-mindless automaton. I didn't bring them into my last campaign -- I thought I'd give them a break -- but I'm sure they'll put in an appearance or two in my next game.

A big question is this: Are there any roles the old villians use to fill in there edition which curently are being filled by...nobody? Why is that role vacant in the curent edition? We mostly all love CLOWN. But because Steve Long dosen't, and the comitic villian is covered by Foxbat and in some ways Captian Cronos, it is...bairable.

I remember liking most of the villains in High Tech Enemies, but it has been some time since I read it. Master Control would be a fine atagonist for my power armour character. I can't remember their names but the ex-military guys, (one flyer, 1 arty, 1 silent assassin and one, er, other) were big faves of mine and I was dead keen to run them sometime. Alas I never did.

Not a fan of CLOWN: put me in Steve Long's camp when it comes to these guys.

I like Time Master too. And yeah, he could do with some fleshing out to make him more interesting.

My group hasn't gone into 6th edition yet. Personally I liked Viper 4th edition better than 5th. High Tech Enemies is a good resource. Doubly so because it had a hero group (a rare thing in a Champions book). I don't have too many of the books. Most of my 4th ed and earlier books were destroyed during some minor flooding.

I use many of the bad guys from earlier editions...among the conversions to 6th ed I've already finished...

VOICE of Doom

Scourge From the Deep

Atlas Unleashed

Coriolis Effect

Wrath of the Seven Horsemen

Demons Rule

Stronghold(2nd/3rd ed version)

I've also done a smattering of other characters such as Ronin from Enemies For Hire and Disinformer(renamed Enigma) from Classic Organzations just cause the concepts intrigued me.

I've updated Halfjack, Fire and Ice, and a few others from 1st edition to 5th edition. I've ignored the other versions of these two after the 1st edition. Still use the villains from the Great Supervillain Contest. Let's see... there's more but I'd have to check.

I always thought that Thunder and Lightning (1st Ed. Enemies, pg. 14, 4th Ed. Classic Enemies, pgs. 43-44) would be great to bring into subsequent editions of Champions, or any other superhero game. Especially if you bring them in at the beginning of their story--

THE JUDGE: "John and Margaret Harrington--having been found guilty of six counts each of aggravated robbery in the first degree, the aggravating factors being breaking and entering a federal facility and the use of supernormal powers in the commission of a felony, this court sentences each of you to thirty years in the federal penal facility designated Stronghold.

"However, given your seeming remorse for your wrongdoing, and the testimony of your friends and neighbors that your life before your crimes has been exemplary, we're going to try something different. This court suspends your sentences and places you on probation for the duration of one year, subject to the following conditions. Both of you will be required to act as superheroes, complete with superheroic costumes and code names. You will be required to assist law enforcement, fire and rescue authorities in confronting and apprehending criminals, superpowered and otherwise, and assisting the victims and mitigating the effects of disasters both natural and man-made. You will be required to assist federal, state and local authorities at their request, and aid anyone in distress who requires the use of your unique abilities. Failure to comply with the authorities or your refusal to help anyone who calls for it will result in the revocation of your suspension, and you will be remanded to Stronghold to serve you full sentence.

"Should you serve the entire year of your probation without complaint or incident, and the reporting authorities hold that you have conducted yourselves in a superheroically appropriate manner, your sentence will be commuted and you will be free to go. And to ensure that your comply with the terms of your probation and conduct yourselves in the aforementioned superheroically appropriate manner, you will both be assigned to the (PC Hero team) to serve alongside them and perhaps, learn what it takes to truly be a hero."

THE (PC HERO TEAM): "Wait a minute! We didn't sign off on this!"

THE JUDGE: "This court stands adjourned."

(The Judge goes for a coffee break and the Heroes and the Harringtons look at each other--as if to say, "Now what?")

Hope that helps.

I want to give Popgun a supervillain team. No idea who all would join it' date=' but I just want to give him one. :)[/quote']

You could open a chalenge for a team over in the "Create a Villain Theme Team" thread.

But you need to finish the current team first, or ask if you can make the next. You also need to describe this guy, as most have no idea who is or even could be (me included).

You could open a chalenge for a team over in the "Create a Villain Theme Team" thread.

But you need to finish the current team first, or ask if you can make the next. You also need to describe this guy, as most have no idea who is or even could be (me included).

Popgun was the guy created originaly in CLOWN as the guy who repersents eveything CLOWN is not...violent and not in it for the jokes. He is an ex member of that orginzation (haveing been kicked out for harming inocents during a robery, if I remember corectly). He dresses like a cowboy, compleat with an oversize hat, and carries two traidmark cork guns (which explanes his name).

As for the team...it should be made up of prehaps people who have a dangerous ideal of what 'fun' realy is, and are greedy.

I've re-vamped and re-used the Geodesics (Ultraviolet, Orb, Dart, and Diamond) in a couple of different campaigns. They make great adversaries for rookie heroes.

I also re-used The Corrupters of All (with different names and costumes) not too long ago.

I too have used some of the Geodesics, namely Orb, Diamond and Ultraviolet (as a hero!). I also use Sledge and Frizbee (with a new name and costume). I am also using Crusader (with a name change) as a villian. Oh and King Cobra as a Dinosaur themed villian. Currently since I been playing Champions with my daughter, I rather enjoy using the older villians, as they're more simplistic.

Black Harlequin might be a good fit for the team as he' date=' like Popgun, has a dangerous concept of 'Fun'.[/quote']

Black Harlequin already has his plate full being the 'court jester' of Black Palidin's team. Othoe thay could team up once or twice.

Black Harlequin already has his plate full being the 'court jester' of Black Palidin's team. Othoe thay could team up once or twice.

Black Paladin has a team?

Hmm. I could always just re-do CLOWN as actual full-fledged villains, tweaking some of them and throwing out the ones I can't, then just having Popgun and Black Harlequin (who replaces Merry Andrew) as regular members. Throw in some disposable minions in clown suits and viola ... Batman-esque villain organization. :)

I would have loved to have been there. What was the update?

Well, I kind of updated her to a more modern-ish standpoint ... got rid of the Albinism, juiced up the variety of her weapons (as well as some of the power) and revamped the costume design quite a bit. In the end, I utilized her in my campaign along the same lines as a Flash or Spider-Man villain ;)