6th Edition GM Screen

So I recently bought one of the custom GM screens from Hammerdog Games, and needed to put together some inserts for it. So, I worked up this custom 6th edition GM screen. I'll probably add other inserts so they're interchangeable, but for now, the ones I've created are ordered left to right in the order one needs to read them for combat:

• Page 1: Senses, Skills, Size, Range, Time, and 3d6 Probabilities.
  • Page 2: Actions, Strength (including throwing range), Combat Modifiers, Knockback, and Velocity-based DCV.
  • Page 3: This page is one I'll customize for each session, but it contains a combat record for all the players and NPCs, and Complications blocks to keep those near at hand.
  • Page 4: Recovery Time, Bleeding, Falling, Fire, Chemicals, Device Malfunction, and most of the Objects table (vehicles omitted).
  • Page 5: A Players' insert, with larger type since they're sitting further away, and brief overview information on what they can do, how to roll dice, and how senses, damage, and defenses work.
  • Page 6: A Second Players' insert, formatted similarly, with a combat record for the players (to contain only their info so they know where they are in the order).

Given that it's portrait-oriented, these could easily be clipped over top of the existing GM Screen from the 5th Edition Resource Kit as well. I'm planning on making separate one-sheets that I can laminate and use for easy reference. The first will contain presence attack data on one side and mental effects (e.g., telepathy, mind control, etc.) on the other. The second will contain a further object reference with vehicles and weapons (and maybe focus durability info) on one side, and materials/walls/mass to BODY info on the other.

For now though, is there anything not here that you'd include?

Updated: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6083133/Hero6eGMScreen.pdf

Works now

looks good

I'd expand the body def of various objects list

Add the mental and presence tables

Various hit location tables along with targeting mods(high shot/low shot,etc

While keeping the character record sheets with the pack,they are better off as 1 shots that do not go in the screen(area is too small for overhead projection markers)

from the looks you want to keep it to 4 sides for the GM and 1 for the players sides leaving 3 panels empty

add stuff that the players might need

There are four player facing panels and four GM facing panels, so I've put in everything I need most on the GM side, and only what players (especially new players) need most on the player side. I could add up to two more player panels, but I don't know what I might choose there.

Also, I intentionally omitted things on the PDF version of the character sheet. Players and GM don't need that repeated if it is close at hand. As I said, presence and mental powers will be separate one-sheets (think laminated card), as will vehicles and materials. I could add more objects, but I may customize that panel per campaign type, so that sci fi games have listings for bulkheads or consoles, and fantasy games have listings for city gates and other items.

Well, I added the stuff I said I would add, though I've got a little space left over and was thinking about putting a short list of page references to rules sections to speed up research if necessary in play. There are form fields you can fill out for the combat records (I'll probably paste mine from an HD6 export, but it wouldn't be too hard to create by hand with this form). The whole thing is in a word document you can easily edit and then export to PDF and print normally.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6083133/Hero6eGMScreen.docx

Since I'm not sure how to edit the first post, I'll just mention that I've updated the GM Screen to include basic rules for Foci (on the materials page where the references were) and a player page with the following:

• Hero Action Points (as I use them, informed by the fine Legendsmiths rules on Grit).
  • Campaign notes on tone, points values, and ability guidelines.
  • House Rules
  • Experience notes and guidelines

Additionally, I've taken the combat records with the fillable fields out and put them in a separate CR insert document. Finally, I've sketched out a place at the very end of the document for objects of other kinds, and I may update that and make it part of a double-sided handout with the materials information since that all seems to fit together nicely.

Here are all the documents so far (the previous links should work too):