SAT Agent Template (Coments Welcomed) (Champions Complete)

steriaca

SAT Agent Template

Cost   Ability

5      Autofire Skills: At least one

3      Breakfall

3      Climbing

3      Concelment

10      Defense Maneuver (all)

3      Demolitions

2      KS: The Millitary/Mercnary World: 11-

2      KS: The Terrorist World: 11-

2      KS: The Superhero/Supervillian World: 11-

6      Languages: Two other languages other than English, on a Fluent w/Accent and littery basics

21     Martial Arts: 21 points worth, usaly Comando Training (Hero System Martial Arts page 26) or Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (Hero System Martial Arts page 54)

3    Paramedics

3    Stealth

3    Survival

3    Tactics

3    Teamwork

4    TF: Any four CP worth of Transport Familiatly

2    WF: Small Arms

1    WF: Blades

3    WF: At least three other 1 CP worth WF, or one 1 CP worth and one 2 CP worth WF

2   Fringe Benefit: Concealed Weapions Perment

4   Fringe Benefit: SAT Membership

92   Total

Points Complications

15     Hunted by United States Goverment, As Powerful, Very Frenquently, NCI, Watching (Pentigon Generals, SAT Leadership, and above)

15     Hunted by enimies of SAT (VIPER, ARGENT, DEMON, varreous terrorist orginzations, ect, ect,), As Powerful, Frequently, Kill

20     Social Complication: Subject To Orders, Very Frequently, Major

20     Social Complication: Military Code Of Silence (Expected to keep the existance of SAT a secret from anyone non-military, including vareous police ornginzations like PRIMUS and UNTIL, forever), Infrequent, Major

I removed Rapid Attack, and reduced Autofire Skill and Martial Arts, but added a floating WF slot (to be used for whatever fits the charater concept).

I gave the benifit of a doubth, and added the full cost of all four Defensive Manuvers.

I uped the value of the Social Complication: Military Code Of Silence form 15 points to 20, as it is one of the two biggest things about a SAT Agent. And fixed the spelling mistake on 'Subject To Orders' (What The Heck ARE Porders Anyways?).

Edited by steriaca

Traditionally agents of UNTIL (and VIPER for that matter) were built on 100 Points.  SAT from it's beginning had basic Agents who were 125 Points, and those with Investigator skills built on 150 Points.  They also were a highly mobile force entering an area thought the use of Jet Packs.

SAT should been seen as the Marines, a Quick Reaction Force that deals with a immediate crisis while PRIMUS, a much larger agency, mobilizes it's Silver Avengers and Iron Guards.

Thanks for the feedback. I reduced the Template some.

Anyways, here is a piece of equipment for the SAT Agent to lug around, the SFG ("Small Freking Gun", or better known as the SAT multiFunction Gun).

45 Multipower: 102 points, FOCUS (The SFG: OAF, Personal: -1), Limited Power (Cinimatic Firepower: Runs Out Of Ammo Or Jams Only In Dramatic Times: -1/4)

The big pool is to acomulate the "Brickbuster" bullets. The SFG dosen't have a normal 'trigger', but instead plugs into a SAT Agent's armor, and is powered by the armor. This, it is 'personal', but it can be easly pulled from the atachment cord when a disarm or takeaway manuver is done. (This, OAF, not OIF).

Cinimatic Firepower repersents the firepower in the movies, where guns only run out of bullets at dramatic times.

All slots are "Fixed".

3F 1)Standard Mode, Single Shot: Ranged Killing Attack 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END: +1/2), Beam (-1/4), Focus (The SFG: OAF, Personal: -1), Limited Power (Cinimatic Firepower: -1/4)/ 0 END

Your standard single shot bullet.

4F 2)Standard Mode, Small Autofire Burst: Ranged Killing Attack 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END: +1), Autofire (3 Shots: +1/4), Beam (-1/4), Focus (The SFG: OAF, Personal: -1), Limited Power (Cinimatic Firepower: -1/4)/ 0 END

Your basic autofire attack. I forgot that Reduced Endurance is double for Autofire till posting this, so I had to recaluclate the cost. My math might be wrong.

3F 3)Standard Mode, Large Autofire Burst: Ranged Killing Attack 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END: +1), Autofire (6 Shots: +3/4), Beam (-1/4) Focus (The SFG: OAF, Personal: -1), Limited Power (Cinimatic Firepower: -1/4)/ 0 END

See #2 Coments above. Decided to reduce it to 2d6.

4F 4)Brickbuster Bullets: Ranged Killing Attack 2d6, Redued Negation (-6 DC), Armor Piercing (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END: +1/2), Beam (-1/4) Focus (The SFG: OAF, Personal: -1), Limited Power (Cinimatic Firepower: -1/4)/ 0 END

The bullet made out of high density materials which easly pierce the most toughest protection. To do that, I used Reduce Negation, Armor Piercing AND Penetrating. Like it's name, it is designed to use against high strength, high protection targets (I.E.: "bricks").

2F 5)CAB (Course Altering Bullet): Ranged Killing Attack 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END: +1/2), Indirect (Source Is Always The Gun, Path Varries With Each Fiering: +1/2), Beam (-1/4), Focus (The SFG: OAF, Personal: -1), Limited Power (Cinimatic Firepower: -1/4)/ 0 END

The developer wanted to do some bullet tricks like in the movie/comic book Wanted. So he micronised rocket parts and created this bullet (which is more like a micro-missle than a bullet). Designed to counter targets who deflect missles or hide behind cover all the time.

2F 6)Fragmatation Bullet: Ranged Killing Attack 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END: +1/2), Area Of Effect (Cone, 10m: +1/2), Focus (The SFG: OAF, Personal: -1), Limited Powew (Cinimatic Firepower: -1/4), No Range (-1/2)/ 0 END

Designed to fragment into pieces when out of the barrel of the gun, this bullet is the 'answer' to high DCV targets (like speeders and martial artist).

2F 7)Phase Disruption Bullet: Ranged Killing Attack 2d6, Affects Desolidfied (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END: +1/2), Beam (-1/4), Focus (The SFG: OAF, Personal: -1), Limited Power (Cinimatic Firepower: -1/4)

This bullet has certan electronics which phases the bullet to another dimention after it is fired, takeing care ofany target which 'phases' detween dimentions.

I'd price it just like any other law enforcement agent...3, maybe 5 points. It might be worth more because investigating the Super world tends to generate more slack..."I was concerned he would use his MUTANT Powerz!, so I fired several clips into the subject. I then identified myself, in accordance with my training, and department policy" :rofl:

More SAT skill templates, cause like a certan toy military orginzation, they relie on specalists.

SAT Drone Operator Template

Cost Skill

3  System Operations (to pilot drone)

3  Combat Driving (suplimentary skill for piloting drone)

3  Combat Piloting (suplimentary skill for piloting drone)

4  TF: Unmaned Air Vehical, Fixed Winged, Unmaned Air Vehical, Rotor Winged, Unmaned Grown Vehical, and Unmaned Sea Vehical (alowes for piloting such things, which is exactly what a drone is, in non-combat situations where percised manuvering is NOT requiered [if it IS requiered, use System Operations]).

+13 points

SAT Anti-Psyonic Agent Template

Cost Power/Skill

13  Charateristics: +20 EGO, Limited Power (Only To Increse EGO For Mental Power Effect Checks: -1/2)

2  Science: Psyonics: 11-

+15 points

SAT Inflitrator Expert Template

Cost Skill

3  Bugging

3  Climbing

3  Criminology

3  Lockpicking

3  Security Systems

3  Slight of Hand

+19 points

More SAT Agent Templates for your aproval.

SAT Aquatic Agent Template

Cost Talent/Power/Skill

4  Enviromental Movement: Aquatic Movement (No Penalties While In Water)

2  Strong Swimmer: +4" Swimming

1  TF: Sucba Gear

+7 points

SAT Tech Agent Template

Cost Skills

3 Computer Programing

3 Electronics

3 Mechanics

2 Science: Robotics: 11-

3 System Operations

+14 points

SAT Anti-Supernatural Agent Template

Cost Skill

2 KS: The Supernatural World: 11-

2 KS: Monsters Of The World: 11-

2 KS: Magic: 11-

2 KS: Legons And Lore: 11-

+10 points (does not give the ability to cast spells normaly, except to use magical items/spells anyone else can use)

SAT Melle Combat Expert Template

Cost Skills/Talents

10 Martial Arts: +10 points worth of manuvers and/or weapion elements

3 WF: Three CP worth of extra weapions familiaritys

10 Rapid Attack

2 Off-Hand Defense

6  Enviromental Movement: At least 6 CP worth of it

+31 points

OK, so as someone who served in the US Marine Corps Spec Ops community in real life, in a role where I served with Spec Ops forces from other branches (within the US and our allies), you have a decision to make; are you:

A)  Going to try to represent a real Operator?

or

B)  Making a game convention on a mechanical point total cap?

&/or

C)  Making an "agent" that conforms to game balance mechanics and preserves some sort of "PC superiority" model?

The reason I ask is this; in every game I have every played, which has modern military in it; if you accurately represent these characters, they are HUGE point monsters that unbalance the game.

Also, they would be completely boring for players, because there would be almost no individuality to the characters (other than backstory and personality).  They would all be about the same stats, across all areas (abilities, characteristics, skills, etc.).  But, that would be accurate; that's how the community operates so successfully.

About the only thing that doesn't unbalance the game in a superhero genre, is normal weapons and body armor.  If you're talking a unit, that draws from the Spec Ops community AND gears them up to deal with supers?  They'd be in trouble.

So, if you want to play a game, where the characters survive, use B &/or C above.  Because you're players can't handle realism in this case (if done right).

I could explain in detail the reasons why, if anyone wants to know, but will save it, for those who don't.

OK, so as someone who served in the US Marine Corps Spec Ops community in real life, in a role where I served with Spec Ops forces from other branches (within the US and our allies), you have a decision to make; are you:

A)  Going to try to represent a real Operator?

or

B)  Making a game convention on a mechanical point total cap?

&/or

C)  Making an "agent" that conforms to game balance mechanics and preserves some sort of "PC superiority" model?

The reason I ask is this; in every game I have every played, which has modern military in it; if you accurately represent these characters, they are HUGE point monsters that unbalance the game.

Also, they would be completely boring for players, because there would be almost no individuality to the characters (other than backstory and personality).  They would all be about the same stats, across all areas (abilities, characteristics, skills, etc.).  But, that would be accurate; that's how the community operates so successfully.

About the only thing that doesn't unbalance the game in a superhero genre, is normal weapons and body armor.  If you're talking a unit, that draws from the Spec Ops community AND gears them up to deal with supers?  They'd be in trouble.

So, if you want to play a game, where the characters survive, use B &/or C above.  Because you're players can't handle realism in this case (if done right).

I could explain in detail the reasons why, if anyone wants to know, but will save it, for those who don't.

I thank you for your service, Echo3Niner, both in this fourm AND in the service for our country.

What I picture the 'new' SAT to be is a secret military strike force, well armed and trained enougth NOT to come running to the PCs for help everytime they need extra help with something. Also, I wanted them to be out and out dangerous to the PCs, or any supers in the world.

While I do bring up G.I. Joe alot for comparasion, only for an example of well armed, well skilled group of specalist. As they are normaly protraied in the TV cartoon, SAT is defently NOT like them in the 'shoot only vehicals' department. For one, it is not realistic at all. Two, this gives SAT a sinister edge not found in PRIMUS or UNTIL. They kill, and will kill again and again, even inocents if it endangers the mission to leave them alive. Heros should be a little bit disgusted (even thoes with only a 'Code of the Hero' and not 'Code Agaist Killing').

The heros can easly be caught in the middle between SAT and VIPER or Eurostar, and get wounded by eather side. SAT are the 'good guys', but not nessasary 'heros'.

Also, SAT could easly hunt the heros if certin parties in the goverment want them dead. 'You can always trust your goverment'.

Basicly, they are whatever the game master wants them to be at that moment.