A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Today the train conductor announced there was one bathroom in the train. It was "located on the north side of the train, opposite the direction we're going." I thought it was a strange way to word it, but it would have been hilarious if he said that the bathroom was located on the REAR END of the train.

So I'm listening to Don Henley's Dirty Laundry music video, and in the YouTube suggested items sidebar there's lots of other music videos listed, but also two NFL "top players of 2016" videos, those of Julio Jones and Tom Brady. :nonp:

So I'm looking at my schedule for tomorrow and the next day. (What with changes, that's about as far out as you can plan your life.) It's pretty tricky. Saturday is the week end* and Sunday is the beginning of the next week. 

But as near as I can tell, I have Saturday, and then Sunday, and then, on top of that, Monday off work. Three days in a row without any work. Isn't there a law against this? Or, at least, some kind of tax I need to pay? I've tried googling it, but the results keep coming back as more Shakespeare. Something about a "long weekend?" That Shakespeare. he's such a scamp with the double  entendres and all. Also something about "holidays," which I'm pretty sure were banned in the 90s and replaced by time-and-a-half days.

So break it to me, guys. I'm going to have to spend Saturday in lineup at the DMV, getting some kind of forms filled out and paying a fee, right?

*Weird fact: spellcheck thinks that "week end" is all one word. Like, there used to be a need for a noun to describe Saturday and Sunday put together. Do any of you language guys have an explanation? Maybe it's from Shakespeare? Like, "What ho, 'tis the weekend, well-a-day and donnybrooks"?

Been having a go at Candy Crush Saga, Candy Crush Soda Saga, Farm Heroes and Pepper Panic. The first two took me days and weeks to get to a point I can get no further with unless I buy my way in. This is lvl 45 ish in both cases. In one day I got through Lvl 40 on Farm Heroes. Now I have to wait until Tuesday morning until I can any further. Awaiting a recharge of lives on pepper Panic.

I made the mistake of going back to the first pages of the Complicate the Person Above thread. I can't believe how many posters from back then no longer post.

That just sucks.  :no:  :cry:  :weep:

Does it suck that they're gone, suck that they found a life and we're all still stuck here, or suck that you might be the reason they left?  :)

So I've got this bottle of Power-Ade Zero and it's this funky neon blue color. And I can hardly suppress the evil, horrible urge to (very thoroughly!) wash out a Windex bottle and fill it up with the stuff, take it down to the river walk where all the kids play Pokemon Go and chug it!

"Don't worry, folks, I'm hazmat certified!"