Vehicle Writeup: The Black Beauty

Koshka

"The sleek, superpowered Black Beauty; streamlined car of the Green Hornet!"

This writeup is based off the movie serials ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031394/ and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032559/ ).

The Black Beauty

Val Char Cost

4 SIZE 20

30 STR 0

20 DEX 30

14 BODY 0

12 DEF 30

4 SPD 10

Characteristics Cost: 90

Cost Power

24 Motorized Wheeled Super-Speedster: Ground Movement +30" (36" total), x4 Noncombat; OAF Bulky (standard tires; -1 1/2), Only On Appropriate Terrain (smooth surfaces; -1/4)

-2 Ground Vehicle: -2" Swimming

15 "Silence The Motor, Kato": Invisible to Hearing Group (+1/4); Nonpersistent (must be turned on [always off when car started]; -1/4) for up to 77 Active Points of Ground Movement

3 Wheel Well Armor: +4 DEF; Partial Coverage (covers 1 Hexes; tires only; -2), Activation Roll 11- (-1)

8 Superb Handling: +4 with Ground Movement

Powers Cost: 48

Total Character Cost: 138

Pts. Disadvantage

25 Distinctive Features: "That's the car of the Green Hornet!" (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

---------------

Notes: In the first episode, Kato comments that when he tested the Black Beauty, it did "better than 200". I'm assuming Kato was going noncombat for that testdrive, but it should be impressively fast at combat speeds as well, which is why I didn't just keep loading on noncombat multiples. If my math is correct, as written the Black Beauty would be able to do around 215 MPH. If the handling levels seem a bit high, the car can outrace a train in the middle of a heavy downpour. Yeah, Kato's probably got a 14- Combat Driving roll, but still ....

The car isn't actually identified as bulletproof until the second serial, but I went ahead and figured it in on the grounds that it never seems to get banged up in the first serial.

The main "power" of the Black Beauty was its ability to outrun anything on the road. I've got one radio episode that refers to a smokescreen generator built into the car, but without some more evidence that it was used I didn't want to add it in.