Money Perk

handleyj

So I've started a campaign, and I have a character from the future, and he wants to be Filthy Rich because he knows the history of the stock markets. So I came up with an idea to make the Perk a little more useful than window dressing. I haven't played with it too much, but so far it seems OK (i.e. the character spent 15 character points on the perk, but has only saved 13 so far on his starting character -- see below):

Perk: Money:

• If you spend 5 character points on this perk (called "Well Off"), then you can own most normal items. You probably have a home and a car. You can get things like a flashlight or a pocket knife or even a non-military grade gun for free. But we'll limit the number of useful things to like 3 or 4 (you can still buy normal items with character points any time).
  • If you spend 10 character points on this perk (called "Wealthy"), then you can start to use money to build technological/magical/whatever doodads (i.e. the power has to take the "Focus" limitation). When you spend character points to build something, you get a -1/4 "limitation" for "Bought with money," thus making the item cost fewer character points. You can build no more than half of your powers with this "limitation."
  • If you spend 15 character points on this perk (called "Filthy Rich), then you get the same benefits as the 10 point version above, but you can build 3/4 of your powers with this "limitation."
  • For both the Wealthy and Filthy Rich levels, if you want to put the "limitation" on a Framework, you can only apply it to the Framework itself, not any of the slots in that Framework.

He's a cyborg-gadgeteer, so not all of his powers are build with Foci. But only those powers that do have Foci qualify for the "Built with money" limitation.