Absolute Newbie Looking to get into Hero System 6e [LFG][Online]

TeeEight

Hey folks, I'm Tate and I'm looking for a game that uses the Hero System

A bit about myself I've played a bit of Tabletop off and on for the last few years (I started in around 2014 according to my roll20 records), mostly D&D but I vaguely remember my first game being Mutants & Masterminds and then GURPS, GURPS is definitely why I like Hero System, it gives both good and bad memories of my first and only GURPS Supers campaign. The last game and group I was in were over 5 months ago (I actually posted an LFG like this a few months back but I forgot to post it here on the forum), it was a Cyberpunk Red Living Community/West Marches, I helped run the server and also ran gigs/sessions during the late 2022's to early 2023 before I left.

I currently don't have a character mechanically built (yet), or even a character Idea. I tend to get really deep into the backstory and the fluff or concept stuff which tends to ruin my ability to mechanically build them as I struggle to make the system's mechanics fit the character while also making sure they aren't absolutely useless, I tend to pick the wrong things and when it comes to actually rolling and playing sessions, I end up just... Failing every roll. So yeah, I'll need some help with balancing and making a character. I'm trying to do something different by just figuring out the group first and then making a character after. It keeps my expectations low and likely would result in fewer conflicts.

I'm looking for a text-based game using Discord (I'm Tate#9769 on there), preferably play-by-post as my schedule is pretty unstable. But I know combat can grind to a halt if it isn't a voiced game, so I'm open to a Mixed style game if push comes to shove. Honestly, I just don't feel completely comfortable using my voice, I like roleplaying by writing.

But anyway despite a lack of character ideas or concepts, the kinds of characters that appeal to me are Anti-Hero or even Villain if necessary as I don't really enjoy a cut-and-dry, black-and-white morality in my comics. My favourite characters tend to be on the Anti-Hero side of things like Venom, Ghost Rider, Rorschach, Batman, Deadpool and Punisher, so those are a big influence on how I roleplay and what characters I create, at least when it comes to the comic book side of things.

Anyway, thanks for reading!