Help with computers

Dr. Confoundo

I'm putting together characters for a group of new players, and I've run into an effect that I'm not quite sure how to model.

The character wants a computer installed in his gauntlet, which allows him access to various databases (like KS: Superheroes, and other stuff like that). He also wants it to be able to pilot his hoversled either when he is blazing away with his guns, or when he is not on it (by remote control). It's this remote control that I'm unsure of.

How would you buy that ability?

Dr. Confoundo

We were just talking about this "remote control" power in another thread where we were discussing the "Robo-Babe" from Terminator 3.

If you just want him to be able to remotely maneuver the hoversled, you could buy it as Telekinesis. Presumably with the limitations OIF (-1/2) {Gauntlet}, and Works only on Hoversled (-2)

If, on the other hand, you want the hoversled to be able to act independently, without continual guidance (as in Terminator 3) you would buy it as Summons, because you are "summoning" a sentient being into an inanimate object. In this instance you will need to write up the Hoversled, so you know how many points it is worth.

The write up on the Summons power would be something along the lines of the following:

Animate Hoversled

Summon a single Hoversled worth 100 points; Slavishly Devoted (+1); May only be used to animate previously designated Hoversled (-2)

Base Points: 20

Active Points: 40

Real Points: 13

The hard part sounds like getting his computer to be abe to control the vehicle. It's actually pretty simple.

Build the computer, as a computer.

Build the vehicle, as a vehicle.

Buy both High-range radio.

Buy the computer the Skill, "Drive vehicle"

Letting the playe get away with this, is up to you, of course. :)